News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Bus Accidents/Incidents.

Started by P419 EJW, June 15, 2014, 11:53:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BN

Quote from: Mike K on October 21, 2021, 06:01:41 PM
That may be the case but difficult to imagine how a bus would skid and lose control on a slippery road surface on a narrow, slow moving and straight section of an urban street like that.
How many buses went round that corner?
How many buses crashed into the chipshop?

That may be the case but difficult to imagine how a bus would skid and lose control on a slippery road surface on a narrow, slow moving and straight section of an urban street like that.

The bus would have just turned right at the lights just outside of the bus station onto that street so would not have been going straight. Also it's not the first accident to happen on cobbled streets like these there was one at the bus gate by New Square in West Brom last year.

DJ

The road has a slight curve to it from what I remember, and buses would be turning right onto there from the station anyway.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Mike K

Quote from: BN on October 21, 2021, 06:09:00 PM
How many buses went round that corner?
How many buses crashed into the chipshop?

You tell me. My point is that unless there's been a malfunction with the bus, the accident has been caused by another road user / pedestrian, or the driver has been taken ill, to suggest a slippery road surface is the cause is strange.

Tony

Quote from: Mike K on October 21, 2021, 06:34:04 PM
You tell me. My point is that unless there's been a malfunction with the bus, the accident has been caused by another road user / pedestrian, or the driver has been taken ill, to suggest a slippery road surface is the cause is strange.

I have watched the video, and the cause is none of the things you have mentioned.

A Safety alert has been issued to staff which includes this line

"Description of the event
Driver was turning right from Fisher St into Castle St, Dudley. The road conditions were wet. In
completing the manoeuvre the driver was unable to straighten the vehicle and made contact with a
commercial property and gas pipe. ."

Mike K

suavegarv

Aston Martin v AG6135 at the Fox and Goose.
Picture on "B News and Views Stechford".

SK68MEV

Quote from: suavegarv on October 22, 2021, 07:36:38 PM
Aston Martin v AG6135 at the Fox and Goose.
Picture on "B News and Views Stechford".
and still continued in service
Local Routes
NXWM - 11A, 11C, 94, 95, 28, 14, X12, X13
Diamond - 25, 93, 94
The Green Bus - 843

ellspurs

monkeyjoe

Without making judgements doesn't surprise me full of foolish drivers in that neck of the woods.

markcf83

Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Sandy Lane

ellspurs

Quote from: Sandy Lane on November 11, 2021, 09:18:51 PM
SC 18122 Off the road in Lincolnshire
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lincolnshire-59245796

Some Lincolnshire roads are absolutely horrid, especially in poor weather. I slid off one of the Droves near Holbeach at the start of the year, spent three hours thinking the truck was going to completely tip over before the tow truck arrived.

Jack

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk