News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Bus Accidents/Incidents.

Started by P419 EJW, June 15, 2014, 11:53:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I love Walsall buses

1847 another victim of Blakenall Youths while on the 29

1838 has replaced it

Westy

Quote from: I love Walsall buses on October 09, 2021, 07:51:34 PM
1847 another victim of Blakenall Youths while on the 29

1838 has replaced it

Seen nothing on Twitter about them diverting the service, as they've done that before!

If Bustimes.org is correct (not saying it is!), then the little buggers actually had a go at it in Blakenall itself, rather than Coalpool!

I love Walsall buses

Quote from: Westy on October 10, 2021, 09:50:53 AM
Seen nothing on Twitter about them diverting the service, as they've done that before!

If Bustimes.org is correct (not saying it is!), then the little buggers actually had a go at it in Blakenall itself, rather than Coalpool!
Forgot to post earlier but 860 has also been attacked about 6pm at the top of harden but driver had a couple of passengers on so proceded to blakenall before going not in service to get 861 as its replacement on the 29

markcf83

Go Ahead London DOE8 was damaged by fire, believed to be arson,after it was seen passing through the Roundshaw area of South London this week.
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Westy

Quote from: I love Walsall buses on October 10, 2021, 08:32:59 PM
Forgot to post earlier but 860 has also been attacked about 6pm at the top of harden but driver had a couple of passengers on so proceded to blakenall before going not in service to get 861 as its replacement on the 29

Blimey,  Walsall depot is gonna run out of single deckers at this rate!

ellspurs

An Oxford Bus Company bus is currently stuck in the side of someone's house on Morrell Avenue in Oxford.

https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/19629871.watch-moment-oxford-bus-crashes-headington-home/ (Footage of when it happened).

https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/19640199.morrell-avenue-bus-will-remain-home-approximately-two-weeks/?ref=ar

Noone was hurt, but they seem to not be able to move the bus because there's structural damage.

I love Walsall buses

2127 been another victim on the 29 , 1854  has replaced it

markcf83

Quote from: ellspurs on October 12, 2021, 02:37:55 PM
An Oxford Bus Company bus is currently stuck in the side of someone's house on Morrell Avenue in Oxford.

https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/19629871.watch-moment-oxford-bus-crashes-headington-home/ (Footage of when it happened).

https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/19640199.morrell-avenue-bus-will-remain-home-approximately-two-weeks/?ref=ar

Noone was hurt, but they seem to not be able to move the bus because there's structural damage.

I'd wager the driver didn't apply the handbrake.
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

DJ

6968 has had a crash in Dudley this morning, on Castle Street just outside the bus station. It looks like it's gone into the cafe/chippy there.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

winston

Quote from: DJ on October 20, 2021, 09:17:49 AM
6968 has had a crash in Dudley this morning, on Castle Street just outside the bus station. It looks like it's gone into the cafe/chippy there.

Article here:
https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/black-country/live-updates-dudley-town-centre-21911183

Stu

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Quote from: Stu on October 20, 2021, 06:26:13 PM
The detail always missing from these BM articles is "what actually happened?"

Not trying to speculate but where its happened the weather and road surface would probably have been a factor as those paved areas are very slippery when wet.

BK63 YWP

Those cobbles can be dangerous went really wet or icy
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

don

Quote from: Stu on October 20, 2021, 06:26:13 PM
The detail always missing from these BM articles is "what actually happened?"

Agreed but in this instance looks very much like vehicle lost control, left carriageway and struck building. No doubt the footage from the bus cameras will identify any other issues.
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Mike K

Quote from: 4679 on October 20, 2021, 07:06:24 PM
Not trying to speculate but where its happened the weather and road surface would probably have been a factor as those paved areas are very slippery when wet.

That may be the case but difficult to imagine how a bus would skid and lose control on a slippery road surface on a narrow, slow moving and straight section of an urban street like that.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk