News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Bus Accidents/Incidents.

Started by P419 EJW, June 15, 2014, 11:53:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PB2938

952A Rugeley
Via Great Barr,  Walsall, Cheslyn Hay, Cannock, Heath Hayes and Hednesford

Busboy105

Quote from: PB2938 on October 27, 2020, 09:10:29 AM
https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/black-country/police-appeal-after-gang-teens-19165069

Walsall 29 service. Wishing the driver a speedy recovery.
How much of a POS do you have to be to attack a bus driver for no reason?

markcf83

I don't have a link to this, but there's been another thermal incident involving an Optare Solo belonging to Harris Coaches of Pengam in South Wales today. The bus is a write-off not surprisingly.
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Woman arguing about someone wanting to open a window on 4444 on Priory Queensway this afternoon.
Amount of fuss she made about it, you'd think something serious had happened.

Apparently banned customer. Wander what they got banned for?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

DJ

One of the XLB's in Cambridge has had a rather nasty looking bridge strike. Thankfully, no injuries have been reported. A local councillor has posted a couple of photos, for those curious.

https://twitter.com/cllrkatie/status/1327195751055810560/
https://twitter.com/cllrkatie/status/1327196286546825217

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

ellspurs

Quote from: DJ on November 13, 2020, 12:17:32 PM
One of the XLB's in Cambridge has had a rather nasty looking bridge strike. Thankfully, no injuries have been reported. A local councillor has posted a couple of photos, for those curious.

https://twitter.com/cllrkatie/status/1327195751055810560/
https://twitter.com/cllrkatie/status/1327196286546825217

That's actually quite a curious one.

That bridge is on a bus-only road (guided bus road) next to Cambridge station. Height clearance is 12' 1".

From the time I've spent on Station Place, the vast majority of buses that service the station are double deckers. There's no decker around that would fit under a 12' 1" bridge is there?

I don't think that many buses actually use it any more.

Cheese

Still a bus every 10 mins to Trumpington P&R? Always been B7RLEs on Busway services going that way.

ellspurs

Quote from: Cheese on November 13, 2020, 07:32:13 PM
Still a bus every 10 mins to Trumpington P&R? Always been B7RLEs on Busway services going that way.

On one week when I was sat on Station Place for over an hour on a Wednesday morning (8am-9am), I saw one single decker bus. There's a possibility that they're currently utilising deckers on it for social distancing and diverting them around. The psychotic cyclists do love using it though.

DJ

Quote from: ellspurs on November 13, 2020, 04:55:43 PM
That's actually quite a curious one.

That bridge is on a bus-only road (guided bus road) next to Cambridge station. Height clearance is 12' 1".

From the time I've spent on Station Place, the vast majority of buses that service the station are double deckers. There's no decker around that would fit under a 12' 1" bridge is there?

I don't think that many buses actually use it any more.

I was told that it was on the C, which is a single deck only route from what I remember. It seems like the C does go under that bridge according to the map on bustimes, so perhaps the allocator made a mistake?

ellspurs

Quote from: DJ on November 13, 2020, 11:21:40 PM
I was told that it was on the C, which is a single deck only route from what I remember. It seems like the C does go under that bridge according to the map on bustimes, so perhaps the allocator made a mistake?

Looking at bustimes, it seems that the A and B (as well as Whippett's U service) use that part of the guided bus road. C seems to terminate at the station.

I've seen the B a few times in St. Ives and Sawtry, and it was being operated with a bus like the one that struck the bridge. Granted this was in the AM so quite possibly on a school service.

I'd guess that there was a note in place that, if you were in a double decker vehicle you diverted away from the guided bus road and circumstances led to that not happening.

Thinking about it, I remember seeing Whippett's U service at the station in a single decker, but I don't recall ever seeing the A or B in single decker. Checking bustimes this morning shows 21231 tracking on the B, so I must've just missed them each time.

Edit: I don't actually know. Stagecoach's timetables are a confusing mess.

DJ

A NXWM Gemini has had a bump with one of Diamond's newly branded Streetlites today in West Bromwich Bus Station.

DJ

327 has had an RTC on the A34 near the co-op.

CL

1795 has been rear ended on Moat Street
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk