News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Bus Accidents/Incidents.

Started by P419 EJW, June 15, 2014, 11:53:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: Justin Tyme on April 20, 2020, 06:49:20 PM
The article does not directly say that speed was an issue in this accident (although the use of the word "ploughs" hints at it), but on my daily exercise walks I have been concerned at the number of cars travelling at high speed along my nearest main road, through a shopping area.

With more people cycling and walking I fear we could be in for many nasty crashes.

They've changed the article since the original link. It mentioned 80mph earlier

Stu

Quote from: Tony on April 20, 2020, 08:10:10 PM
They've changed the article since the original link. It mentioned 80mph earlier

Yeah, that's what I saw when I read the article this morning.

I was also curious how someone managed to smash into the back of a bus at 3am? Staff bus perhaps?
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tony

Quote from: Stu on April 20, 2020, 08:17:46 PM
Yeah, that's what I saw when I read the article this morning.

I was also curious how someone managed to smash into the back of a bus at 3am? Staff bus perhaps?

It wasn't 3am, that was when it was cleared

JoNi

Quote from: Justin Tyme on April 20, 2020, 06:49:20 PM
The article does not directly say that speed was an issue in this accident (although the use of the word "ploughs" hints at it), but on my daily exercise walks I have been concerned at the number of cars travelling at high speed along my nearest main road, through a shopping area.

With more people cycling and walking I fear we could be in for many nasty crashes.

With less traffic more drivers are using phones including one I saw on a motorised scooter as well. Drivers of advancing years who normally potter around aren't there to act as a brake on traffic! No offence meant!

Stu

Quote from: Tony on April 20, 2020, 08:39:48 PM
It wasn't 3am, that was when it was cleared

Thanks, more sloppy 'journalism' from the Birmingham Mail then.

QuoteEmergency crews – including medics, firefighters and police – were deployed to Bradford Street following the horrific smash at around 3am on Monday, April 20.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tony

Quote from: Stu on April 21, 2020, 06:11:16 PM
Thanks, more sloppy 'journalism' from the Birmingham Mail then.

It happened just after Midnight. The Express & Star report was far more accurate

SK68MEV

7514 was parked on st agathas road stop on washwood Heath road and it's near side mirror was in the floor I think the drive hit the bus on the shelter
Local Routes
NXWM - 11A, 11C, 94, 95, 28, 14, X12, X13
Diamond - 25, 93, 94
The Green Bus - 843

Jack6101

Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

Lukeee

Platinum on the 16 has has a smash earlier today (unsure of fleet number but is one of the 19 plate unbranded ones)

Tony

Quote from: Lukeee on April 30, 2020, 06:51:21 PM
Platinum on the 16 has has a smash earlier today (unsure of fleet number but is one of the 19 plate unbranded ones)

A car was driving erratically down Hamstead Road smashing into parked cars before hitting the bus head on. Car driver has life threatening/changing injuries

Busboy105

Quote from: Tony on April 30, 2020, 07:08:54 PM
A car was driving erratically down Hamstead Road smashing into parked cars before hitting the bus head on. Car driver has life threatening/changing injuries
What an idiot

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Busboy105 on April 30, 2020, 07:47:47 PM
What an idiot

Depends if the driver was driving like an idiot or had a medical problem causing him to drive badly.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Busboy105

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on April 30, 2020, 09:44:34 PM
Depends if the driver was driving like an idiot or had a medical problem causing him to drive badly.
If he had a medical problem, he shouldn't be driving anyway.

the trainbasher

Quote from: Busboy105 on April 30, 2020, 11:43:01 PM
If he had a medical problem, he shouldn't be driving anyway.

Sometimes a medical condition can come about without prior warning. Many healthy people have had things like heart attacks or a stroke without any warning.

Hell, you could drop down dead with no prior warning.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk