News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Bus Accidents/Incidents.

Started by P419 EJW, June 15, 2014, 11:53:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuharris 6360

Twitter is currently saying that Dale End is shut while an inceident between a bus and a 60 yr old woman is dealt with!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

John

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on January 16, 2020, 05:18:29 PM
Twitter is currently saying that Dale End is shut while an inceident between a bus and a 60 yr old woman is dealt with!

Priory Queensway was closed for about half an hour earlier. AVL said major incident. Nothing affecting Dale End

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: John on January 16, 2020, 05:20:52 PM
Priory Queensway was closed for about half an hour earlier. AVL said major incident. Nothing affecting Dale End

Thats Birmingham Live for you, they now have changed the headline to Priory Queensway!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Trident 4609

Just seen a photo of one of First Glasgow's E400MMC's (38 branded) well alight on the upper deck. Looks pretty bad.

Tony

mesub

First seem to have a track record for bridge accidents!
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

Diamond bus has rear ended a 48 in WB bus station.

Tony

PinkBus

Quote from: WB Driver on January 21, 2020, 02:45:50 PM
Diamond bus has rear ended a 48 in WB bus station.

Saw that earlier, about 2.30? The Diamond bus looked a bit of a mess.

Was that why there was a NXWM bus parked in the little car park the back of the old Kings cinema (showing my age there!)

Seriously, hope no one was injured.
Just sitting here
Watching the Outer Circle buses
Go round and round...

Jack

Tony

Quote from: Jack on January 21, 2020, 06:17:42 PM
That's presumably been finished off then...

Not been assessed yet, but if not NX fault it will repairs vs book value, and that is one of the higher value B7/ALX

richardjones210368

Quote from: Tony on January 21, 2020, 06:33:10 PM
Not been assessed yet, but if not NX fault it will repairs vs book value, and that is one of the higher value B7/ALX
The current NBV would be about £3800 ex tyres based on a standard 25% CA  write down from the purchase price at an estimate but to be fair I only heard it from the impact to me from my guess it looks in my opinion that WMT were not at fault from the impact and smashed windscreen. An unfortunate incident for Diamond Buses Limited.

richardjones210368

Quote from: PinkBus on January 21, 2020, 06:16:51 PM
Saw that earlier, about 2.30? The Diamond bus looked a bit of a mess.

Was that why there was a NXWM bus parked in the little car park the back of the old Kings cinema (showing my age there!)

Seriously, hope no one was injured.
Oh the memories of the Kings on the WMPTE 417. Guess who was in the bus station as it happened we went straight over as soon as the smash echoed across but as far as I am aware thankfully no one was injured but I grant you it was most unfortunate for Diamond................

Quote from: Tony on January 21, 2020, 05:47:56 PM
4254?

Not sure but saw a 42xx and the Engineers Van heading for the garage didn't look to be too much damage.

The bus parked by the old cinema was a WN trident which looked to have had a major failure on it as smoke was pouring out the exhaust.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk