News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Bus Accidents/Incidents.

Started by P419 EJW, June 15, 2014, 11:53:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Tram v Car RTC in Wolverhampton causing chaos!

Dylanbusboy45

Stagecoach South Trident 18525 had a fire at Basingstoke depot this morning
https://www.flickr.com/photos/103374223@N04/48574016452/in/dateposted/

Busboy105

Some kids just shattered a window on the BC36 towards Heartlands Hospital. Couldn't get the fleet number as the bus was too far away.

Jack6101

5517 just had a rtc with 4621 in the city
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

PinkBus

The 89 I was on yesterday hit a parked car at the bottom of Brasshouse Lane in Smethwick heading towards Birmingham city centre.

It wasn't really the drivers fault, there is building works going on and the road is single carriageway only, buses to West Brom are on diversion, the problem is there are some shops and a cafe at the end of the road and people park their cars outside them, not thinking  about the buses trying to get through.

The driver was really good, stopped the bus outside Rolfe St Station and dealt with the man who's car had been hit very well. He had done quite a lot of damage to the car a!omg the drivers side door and wing, and I was quite surprised to see that, when I got off the bus, there really wasn't that much damage to it, just some scratching and a indicator had been broken, just shows how tough buses are!

Afraid I didn't get the number of the bus, not a bus watcher, it was a single Decker that left West Brom at about 14.35.

Now a moan on behalf of NXWM. Sandwell Council really, really need to sort out the parking by those shops, it's not the first incident, a driver has knocked off a car wing mirror there a few weeks ago and on Monday when MrPB and I were coming back from Walsall, we had a driver stop his engine and wait until cars were moved, causing a large traffic jam and lots of abuse from other drivers. They need to get traffic wardens or the police there moving vehicles if need be, or maybe NXWM will have to consider diverting buses from West Brom as well, it's just not fair on the driver. I bet they dread getting the 89 Rota with all this going on.

I asked the driver of he was ok when I got off, he said he was, just a little shaken by it. Tbh I would've quite happily given a statement if needed about the appalling car parking there.
Just sitting here
Watching the Outer Circle buses
Go round and round...

aSingh

Quote from: PinkBus on September 12, 2019, 09:04:13 AM
The 89 I was on yesterday hit a parked car at the bottom of Brasshouse Lane in Smethwick heading towards Birmingham city centre.

It wasn't really the drivers fault, there is building works going on and the road is single carriageway only, buses to West Brom are on diversion, the problem is there are some shops and a cafe at the end of the road and people park their cars outside them, not thinking  about the buses trying to get through.

The driver was really good, stopped the bus outside Rolfe St Station and dealt with the man who's car had been hit very well. He had done quite a lot of damage to the car a!omg the drivers side door and wing, and I was quite surprised to see that, when I got off the bus, there really wasn't that much damage to it, just some scratching and a indicator had been broken, just shows how tough buses are!

Afraid I didn't get the number of the bus, not a bus watcher, it was a single Decker that left West Brom at about 14.35.

Now a moan on behalf of NXWM. Sandwell Council really, really need to sort out the parking by those shops, it's not the first incident, a driver has knocked off a car wing mirror there a few weeks ago and on Monday when MrPB and I were coming back from Walsall, we had a driver stop his engine and wait until cars were moved, causing a large traffic jam and lots of abuse from other drivers. They need to get traffic wardens or the police there moving vehicles if need be, or maybe NXWM will have to consider diverting buses from West Brom as well, it's just not fair on the driver. I bet they dread getting the 89 Rota with all this going on.

I asked the driver of he was ok when I got off, he said he was, just a little shaken by it. Tbh I would've quite happily given a statement if needed about the appalling car parking there.

I agree totally that parking needs be sorted out there and moved to straight part of that road. Some drivers do not realise that a large vehicle like a bus comes the opposite way so when I go through that section I will always go ever so slow that I can stop very quickly without slamming on my breaks causing a significant jolt to the bus. Saves me the worry of injuring my passengers.

Also going throufh that section with a normal size bus is hard enough as you inches away from cars on both sides when traffic is coming from the opposite direction let alone a scania.

I think the company won't divert from going there as it goes past a school. Also the 89 for new drivers is a pain but once you get used to it, it's a lovely route personally and you do get a good amount of time to recover from being late. Also its Not too busy, not too quite, just right for me haha. Again only part of that route I absolutely hate, and I mean hate is the rolf street part.
Singh

Michael Bevan

6721 has just ripped it's nearside mirror off in Walsall Bus Station whilst pulling up onto the 51 stand. The mirror caught the sensor above the door (which has been hit a number of times on Stand A).

winston

markcf83

London Sovereign Enviro 40414 is parked up at Brent Cross with most of the front in pieces.
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

winston

DJ

Banga's YT51 EBA was involved in an accident yesterday afternoon on Moseley Road, on the 545. A car pulled out of a side road into the path of the bus, luckily there were no injuries on board and the car driver was fine, if a little shaken.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Sandy Lane

Stagecoach decker on its side at Totnes.
Reg appears to be YN63 BKB?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-49944705

JoNi

Jack6101

Just been buy diamond tividale and the yard near to temple way someone has set a bus on fire on there police and fire on scene
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk