News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Bus Accidents/Incidents.

Started by P419 EJW, June 15, 2014, 11:53:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: Jack on April 22, 2019, 01:56:26 PM
Just seen a photograph on Instagram of 6731 and it's bottom front smashed in and what looks to be a bent chassis.

Really?

You can tell from a photograph the state of the chassis?

Strange thing is the person who's job it is to repair it has posted on Facebook that the longest job is waiting for the parts from Alexander Dennis.

SK68MEV

Quote from: Jack on April 22, 2019, 01:56:26 PM
Just seen a photograph on Instagram of 6731 and it's bottom front smashed in and what looks to be a bent chassis.
what account is this posted on as would like to see many thanks
Local Routes
NXWM - 11A, 11C, 94, 95, 28, 14, X12, X13
Diamond - 25, 93, 94
The Green Bus - 843

winston

winston

mranon

lets go! aka travel express x703uks has extensive front damage. spotted on cannock road this evening ogether with a black Peugeot with side hit.

the trainbasher

Quote from: mranon on May 03, 2019, 10:44:33 PM
lets go! aka travel express x703uks has extensive front damage. spotted on cannock road this evening ogether with a black Peugeot with side hit.

Ouch hope the driver of the pointer got out ok.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

CL

Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Stu

'We're going to stab you' - bus driver threatened and teen robbed by knife thugs onboard 11A
https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/were-going-stab-you-bus-16236856

Absolute scumbags. I hope their parents are proud of them. Actually they probably are.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: Stu on May 07, 2019, 06:12:09 PM
'We're going to stab you' - bus driver threatened and teen robbed by knife thugs onboard 11A
https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/were-going-stab-you-bus-16236856

Absolute scumbags. I hope their parents are proud of them. Actually they probably are.

That's awfully harrowing.

I catch the 11 everyday for work and to think, such an incident happened on the same route you take is quite nerve racking.
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Solo1

This will affect all Johnson's services due to the ongoing police incident on the M40 traffic is currently stationary past our depot.  This will cause delays to all services this morning.  We will update with more information when we have it.  Sorry for any inconvenience.

WMT3000

Quote from: GeminiFan1991 on May 08, 2019, 01:46:58 AM
That's awfully harrowing.

I catch the 11 everyday for work and to think, such an incident happened on the same route you take is quite nerve racking.
The attached survey indicates that 90% of people feel unsafe on buses in Birmingham (over 1000 votes). Hardly surprising when incidents like this occur. That on top of no one wanting to use Birmingham City Centre due to a gang of twenty people that West Midlands Police are scared to deal with. When they catch someone with a knife in Birmingham, due to the high profile incidents of late, the sentence should be 20 years minimum.

Stu

Quote from: WMT3000 on May 08, 2019, 07:10:34 AM
The attached survey indicates that 90% of people feel unsafe on buses in Birmingham (over 1000 votes). Hardly surprising when incidents like this occur.

Yes, I saw that poll, and in all fairness with incidents like these being few and far between, actually I do feel safe on our buses.

Its a nice psychological trick, present a poll like that in the middle of an unnerving story, and people are more likely to vote that they feel unsafe.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

WMT3000

Quote from: Stu on May 08, 2019, 07:45:00 AM
Yes, I saw that poll, and in all fairness with incidents like these being few and far between, actually I do feel safe on our buses.

Its a nice psychological trick, present a poll like that in the middle of an unnerving story, and people are more likely to vote that they feel unsafe.
Hardly. Just look at the statistics. And someone being robbed and the driver being threatened with a weapon is more than just un-nerving, especially when there are 40 knife point robberies (info courtesy of the police) a day in Birmingham Central area alone, including several bus related incidents. All we get from MPs is "it's terrible, something needs to be done". All we get from the police is "sorry we're too busy". If 900 people have voted that they do not feel safe compared to a hundred who have voted that they do, I don't think this can be ignored. Having said that, I take my hat off to NX and their drivers for doing their best for passengers - on occasions I've seen drivers defuse potentially violent situations very professionally indeed. The survey at the least is an indication of how Birmingham has changed in the last couple of years, and certainly not for the better.

Sandy Lane

Reported by the newspaper today but took place last month. 9 buses checked on the day.
Rugby school bus was found with a 'bald' tyre at roadside check. Immediate prohibition. Operator not identified.
https://rugbyobserver.co.uk/news/unsafe-school-run-bus-and-taxi-banned-from-road/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk