News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Bus Accidents/Incidents.

Started by P419 EJW, June 15, 2014, 11:53:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: markcf83 on November 22, 2018, 01:16:53 PM
Nine of the buses believed to have been destroyed in the fire at Orpington are as follows.

E60/94/136
EH18
MEC54/56/60
SEN21
WS9

The identity of any others believed to be damaged is not known. Unbelievably they have been able to put a near normal service out by midday.

It is now confirmed that the buses destroyed are as follows, all vehicles have now been removed from the garage

E60 (LX07BYF), E94 (LX08EBP), E211 (SN61DDF) & E224 (SN61DFD).
EH18 (SN61DCE).
MEC54 (BF65HUP), MEC56 (BF65HUV) & MEC60 (BF65HVB).
SEN21 (YX61FYT).
EN33 (SN11BMU) ex-Tower Transit and formerly ex-First London DN33612. (refurbished for service on new contract route 51)
EN37 (SN11BOU) ex-Tower Transit and formerly ex-First London DN33633. (refurbished for service on new contract route 51)
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

4759 was rear-ended by a stolen car on the 87 around 11:45 luckily a police car happened to be going past at the time.

JoNi

Ring and Ride WU63 UYZ badly damaged by fire at bottom of Mile Lane. Coventry

Jordan

my local routes are:

NXWM: 72 72A 17 73
igo 99
sunny travel 71E
r.k. travel 72 and further down the road the 73

Mike K

Quote from: Jordan on December 06, 2018, 03:58:07 PM
https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/black-country/coaches-torched-walsall-arson-attack-15516546

Arson attack fastline coaches

I'm confused by that article. It states:
"Dramatic photographs show the moment three coaches went up in flames after a Walsall arson attack.

The plush vehicles were torched at Fastline Coaches' yard in Wednesbury Road, Pleck, on Thursday evening (December 6).

A West Midlands Fire Service spokesman said 10 firefighters were sent to the scene at 8.20pm."

This means the fire hasn't even happened yet, but will happen in about 2 hours time. I wonder if they can tell me the Euro Millions numbers for tomorrow too?

Stu

Quote from: Mike K on December 06, 2018, 06:08:23 PM
I'm confused by that article. It states:
"Dramatic photographs show the moment three coaches went up in flames after a Walsall arson attack.

The plush vehicles were torched at Fastline Coaches' yard in Wednesbury Road, Pleck, on Thursday evening (December 6).

A West Midlands Fire Service spokesman said 10 firefighters were sent to the scene at 8.20pm."

This means the fire hasn't even happened yet, but will happen in about 2 hours time. I wonder if they can tell me the Euro Millions numbers for tomorrow too?

That's sadly the quality level to be expected from the Birmingham Mail.

OFF TOPIC: I gained an understanding of how 'journalism' at the Birmingham Mail works the other day; I live in Billesley and am a member of a Facebook group, where the shooting on Braceby Avenue was first posted. I had a Facebook message the next morning at 8am from a 'video reporter' at the Birmingham Mail, asking if I could confirm this story was true, and if I could send her any photos of the scene! I felt like replying "well back in the day, proper journalists/reporters would have gone and got their own photos and reports!"

You'll notice most articles of theirs contain photos from the public, as well as numerous Twitter and Facebook comments. Lazy journalism.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tony

An Arriva DAF/ALX400 has been decapitated under Hitchin Road bridge in Luton. Won't be a Luton bus as they don't have any so not sure which or where it is from

Stuharris 6360

Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

DJ

There's video from inside the shop too on this article: https://www.kilburntimes.co.uk/news/two-injured-as-bus-crashes-into-kensal-rise-shop-1-5817174

A Scania decker also caught fire yesterday, hopefully the link works: https://www.facebook.com/groups/174734656055181/permalink/946749368853702/

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

mesub

Somebody hit an e400 on the 23 apparently. The police where present and the women was in the police car while the driver got interviewed
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

markcf83

Quote from: Tony on December 10, 2018, 07:02:07 PM
An Arriva DAF/ALX400 has been decapitated under Hitchin Road bridge in Luton. Won't be a Luton bus as they don't have any so not sure which or where it is from

Don't they still have W reg Tridents there at Luton?
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Jordan

6714;has had a minor bump as  a car has gone into the back of it
my local routes are:

igo 99
sunny travel 71E

Jordan

my local routes are:

igo 99
sunny travel 71E

Coventry Transport Dude

The curse of the 16 / 16A route has struck once again in Coventry, as yet another Bus was involved in an incident on this route today. (If they're not catching fire on it, they're crashing into buildings instead ?lol).  A Keresley Village bound single decker (2155) collided with a concrete canopy in Cross Cheaping, at just after 2.00pm.  Hopefully nobody was seriously hurt at all, although i did see one young girl (who was a Passenger on the Bus) being taken to sit out on a nearby bench and a member of National Express staff making sure that she was OK ? (I think her nose was bleeding ?).

Jack

2240 was surrounded by ambulances and a police van on Carrs Lane earlier, then it was on Steelhouse Lane surrounded by ambulances.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk