News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Bus Accidents/Incidents.

Started by P419 EJW, June 15, 2014, 11:53:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dylanbusboy45

Quote from: markcf83 on November 22, 2018, 01:16:53 PM
Nine of the buses believed to have been destroyed in the fire at Orpington are as follows.

E60/94/136
EH18
MEC54/56/60
SEN21
WS9

The identity of any others believed to be damaged is not known. Unbelievably they have been able to put a near normal service out by midday.

EN33 and E224 also damaged - some better photos on the link below.
I believe the number of spares is currently higher as they had lots of spare former Tower Transit ex route 30 Enviro 400s and displaced WVLs lying around for the take up of route 51 soon. A quick look on LVF finds 6 ENs out on various routes but as stated above EN33 has been destroyed before entering service with GAL. Come December 8th though those ENs will be needed on the 51 so I assume vehicles from other depot or some temporary loans/hires from Ensignbus will be used - possibly even former GAL stock returning to London   ;)

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/orpington-bus-depot-fire-firefighters-battle-huge-blaze-as-buses-burst-into-flames-in-southeast-a3996641.html

Stuharris 6360

Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

markcf83

The 51 is due to begin running from there in a fortnight.
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Stuharris 6360

Looking at LVF, most routes appear to be running relatively normally now, presume that buses have been loaned from other depots/withdrawn vehicles have been resurrected.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

markcf83

Another bus caught up in the fire is WVL 413-one of a number of Volvos brought in to run alongside the ex Tower Enviros on the 51.

markcf83

Quote from: markcf83 on November 22, 2018, 01:16:53 PM
Nine of the buses believed to have been destroyed in the fire at Orpington are as follows.

E60/94.
EH18
MEC54/56/60
SEN21
WS9

The identity of any others believed to be damaged is not known. Unbelievably they have been able to put a near normal service out by midday.

E136, which I had recorded as being among the victims, is not destroyed.

JoNi

Just announced on news "Midland Red" fined £2.3 million pounds re fatal bus crash at Coventry Sainburys in 2015. The current Managing Director gave a press conference which is commented on in the local press.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/live-sainsburys-bus-crash-sentencing-15131376.amp&ved=2ahUKEwjN9Yj7xPTeAhUEglwKHQrQAyIQqUMwAnoECAgQDQ&usg=AOvVaw0VnM2Uonjy8WzsV60rMELU

Westy

Who calls them 'Midland Red' thesedays, apart from the Traffic Commissors!

Tony

Quote from: Westy on November 27, 2018, 04:38:30 PM
Who calls them 'Midland Red' thesedays, apart from the Traffic Commissors!

All legal people as that is the company name

Westy

Quote from: Tony on November 27, 2018, 04:52:26 PM
All legal people as that is the company name

Yeah, but it was a Stagecoach bus!

Does your average punter see a Stagecoach bus in Coventry & think 'Oh thats the old Midland Red!'?

Tony

Quote from: Westy on November 27, 2018, 07:15:38 PM
No, it was a Midland Red (South) vehicle

Does your average punter see a Stagecoach bus in Coventry & think 'Oh thats the old Midland Red!'?
In a court of law you use the actual name of the company which is Midland Red (South) Limited who trade as Stagecoach

Not difficult!

Solo1

Why was he allowed to drive at that age when they was told  about his driving

BK63 YWP

Well National Express West Midlands legal name is West Midlands Travel ltd...
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Solo1 on November 27, 2018, 09:29:33 PM
Why was he allowed to drive at that age when they was told  about his driving

More than likely shortage of staff.

According to Midlands Today, over the month before the accident he was regularly working 70+ hours a week. For a start that is ridiculous, am sure @Tony will know the answer but sure if you were a coach driver, you couldn't legally work that many hours.

Solo1

if he was doing 70 hours plus at his age then the manager who allowed it should of as been charged as well

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk