News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Bus Accidents/Incidents.

Started by P419 EJW, June 15, 2014, 11:53:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeminiFan1991

Yes.

I saw the bus overshooting its stop and my friend running after he noticed it indicating left. I just chuckled to myself and looked at my phone only to see him walk to me a minute or two later.

Quite surprised. I've never known about this to ever happen. I figured I'll post to see if others have had a similar experience.
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

PointerDart

Quote from: GeminiFan1991 on August 05, 2018, 08:18:03 PM
This happened to a friend during the week.

We finished work in Tyseley, we at the 4/4A stops on Warwick road. I was going inbound whereas he was outbound. His bus came somewhat earlier than he anticipated. As the bus was about to speed past, he quickly got up and the bus ended up stopping a few metres down the road. My friend, thanking his luclky stars quickly ran only to be told by the driver that due to the nature of him stopping quickly (I.e over shooting the stop and him being alerted last minute), my friend had to be pay for the ticket despite him having a pass. He just got off the bus and caught my bus as it was due later.

I wasn't aware of any additional cost. Only "Incident" with a driver I've ever had was when my Swift card wasn't scanning. I just got off and went on the opposite direction. Most drivers just wave me past citing a scanner issue and Inspectors have never found a problem with my card.

What are peoples views ?

I think the way it's been handled isn't great; if it was me driving, I'd have just said to always keep an eye out in future. But it's an honest mistake that your friend's made - I've not paid attention before and ended up having to wait an extra 30 minutes but I wasn't fussed :P As I say, still isn't grounds for the driver to force your friend to pay extra when he has a pass.

Michael Bevan

4868 was involved in an accident earlier on the 51 near Cliveden. From the photos I've seen, it looks like a BMW has gone into the offside of the vehicle. Apparently a Mini was also involved in the accident.

karl724223

Quote from: PointerDart on August 05, 2018, 08:59:54 PM
I think the way it's been handled isn't great; if it was me driving, I'd have just said to always keep an eye out in future. But it's an honest mistake that your friend's made - I've not paid attention before and ended up having to wait an extra 30 minutes but I wasn't fussed :P As I say, still isn't grounds for the driver to force your friend to pay extra when he has a pass.
be interesting what story the CCTV tells and what the cab microphone picks up

Tony

Don't seem to have had any bus fires making news for a few weeks.

Enviro 400 Hybrid in Paddington this morning
https://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/news/watch-moment-firefighters-tackle-raging-15022053

paulb1973

Quote from: Tony on August 13, 2018, 09:04:03 AM
Don't seem to have had any bus fires making news for a few weeks.

Enviro 400 Hybrid in Paddington this morning
https://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/news/watch-moment-firefighters-tackle-raging-15022053

Least the Fire Brigade got there quickly.

markcf83

Been an accident on the M25 near Swanley involving a coach. It happened on the slip road from the amti clockwise carridgeway earlier this evening. All people on board are ok,though three are in hospital.
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

PointerDart

Quote from: markcf83 on August 13, 2018, 07:25:59 PM
Been an accident on the M25 near Swanley involving a coach. It happened on the slip road from the amti clockwise carridgeway earlier this evening. All people on board are ok,though three are in hospital.

41 patients taken to hospital, including  3 seriously injured. Hospital has declared a major incident alert.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-kent-45172332

Jack6101

4957 had a minor rtc with a mobility scooter this morning in great bridge on the 74
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

Quote from: Jack6101 on August 17, 2018, 10:12:56 PM
4957 had a minor rtc with a mobility scooter this morning in great bridge on the 74

Spoke to the driver about it he said the scooter rider was drunk.

Jack6101

Was a new driver I believe to and he wasn't to blame ,  just missed 4957 near Dudley port and caught 4975 and people was telling  everyone on that bus
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

tjwpsv

I love Walsall buses

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk