News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Bus Accidents/Incidents.

Started by P419 EJW, June 15, 2014, 11:53:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Smethwickian on July 09, 2018, 08:00:21 PM
Further to the above reports of buses being caught up in hooliganism resulting from  association football fixtures, Network West Midlands website advises that Sutton Coldfield town centre and Broad Street, Birmingham, not being served tomorrow after 7pm because of crowds "celebrating, or not"  England's match versus Croatia.
Wolverhampton and Sedgley as well now.
https://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/information/temporary-diversions/world-cup-semi-final-route-diversions-wed-11th-july
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Kevin

1875 appears to have been involved in an incident on the Chester Road southbound by Pype Hayes, police and ambulance on scene
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Jack

Have just seen a photo of a Plaxton Centro on the 4H which has hit a lamppost on All Saints Way in West Brom. Apparently the driver had a black out and ploughed into a lamppost. Passengers had minor injuries.

Trident 4194

Quote from: Jack on July 23, 2018, 02:59:06 PM
Have just seen a photo of a Plaxton Centro on the 4H which has hit a lamppost on All Saints Way in West Brom. Apparently the driver had a black out and ploughed into a lamppost. Passengers had minor injuries.

That must have been why there was a 4H missing.

Dom

Quote from: Trident 4194 on July 23, 2018, 03:52:22 PM
That must have been why there was a 4H missing.

It wasnt today.

Tony

markcf83

Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

winston

Ally

Quote from: Winston on July 26, 2018, 11:00:19 PM
Stagecoach double decker bus crash Basingstoke, Hampshire:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-44970753
Ouch, that's nasty!!
It also has a Midlands connection too as it's an ex-Nuneaton bus.
~ Alistair (A.K.A. Ally)
~ Originally from Bedworth, Warwickshire. Now residing in Bristol
~ CSA at National Express, Bristol
~ https://www.facebook.com/alistair.transportchat

Jack6101

4945 has been involed In a rtc between a car looks bad
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

P419 EJW

Jack

Quote from: Jack6101 on July 31, 2018, 04:31:36 PM
4945 has been involed In a rtc between a car looks bad
If it's the one in Selly Oak then I've been told by a friend it was 4946.

GeminiFan1991

This happened to a friend during the week.

We finished work in Tyseley, we at the 4/4A stops on Warwick road. I was going inbound whereas he was outbound. His bus came somewhat earlier than he anticipated. As the bus was about to speed past, he quickly got up and the bus ended up stopping a few metres down the road. My friend, thanking his luclky stars quickly ran only to be told by the driver that due to the nature of him stopping quickly (I.e over shooting the stop and him being alerted last minute), my friend had to be pay for the ticket despite him having a pass. He just got off the bus and caught my bus as it was due later.

I wasn't aware of any additional cost. Only "Incident" with a driver I've ever had was when my Swift card wasn't scanning. I just got off and went on the opposite direction. Most drivers just wave me past citing a scanner issue and Inspectors have never found a problem with my card.

What are peoples views ?
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

D10

Quote from: GeminiFan1991 on August 05, 2018, 08:18:03 PM
This happened to a friend during the week.

We finished work in Tyseley, we at the 4/4A stops on Warwick road. I was going inbound whereas he was outbound. His bus came somewhat earlier than he anticipated. As the bus was about to speed past, he quickly got up and the bus ended up stopping a few metres down the road. My friend, thanking his luclky stars quickly ran only to be told by the driver that due to the nature of him stopping quickly (I.e over shooting the stop and him being alerted last minute), my friend had to be pay for the ticket despite him having a pass. He just got off the bus and caught my bus as it was due later.

I wasn't aware of any additional cost. Only "Incident" with a driver I've ever had was when my Swift card wasn't scanning. I just got off and went on the opposite direction. Most drivers just wave me past citing a scanner issue and Inspectors have never found a problem with my card.

What are peoples views ?

So what you are saying is that your friends bus stopped away from the actual stop and so because of that he was told to pay and could not use his pass?

If that is the case it is total bull that he couldn't use his pass, no idea what the driver was thinking but the driver was in the wrong.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk