News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Bus Accidents/Incidents.

Started by P419 EJW, June 15, 2014, 11:53:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

don

Quote from: Mike K on May 20, 2018, 08:28:39 PM
That's a great shame that one of the B7RLEs has been lost, I personally think they're quality vehicles. And considering that there are quite a few of these in the fleet, you don't see them broken down that often. Sadly this one has failed in spectacular fashion.

Agreed but isn't this the third to have some sort of fire (Pensnett one a few years back - front end electrical fire); 1772 - still not re-entered service) and now 2151? - complete loss - if they're all mechanical/electrical that would be a concern. I've only just come across this - has it been reported in the Natinal Express Coventry thread?
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Sandy Lane

Looks at bit wet on the road. Can't id the bus though. Wellies needed for the lower saloon?http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-44275045

CL

Quote from: Sandy Lane on May 28, 2018, 07:07:21 AM
Looks at bit wet on the road. Can't id the bus though. Wellies needed for the lower saloon?http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-44275045

4897. It's the only PR one with small upper-tier font for its destination display. Also there was a photo of the rear! :P lol
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Quote from: don on May 28, 2018, 12:11:16 AM
Agreed but isn't this the third to have some sort of fire (Pensnett one a few years back - front end electrical fire); 1772 - still not re-entered service) and now 2151? - complete loss - if they're all mechanical/electrical that would be a concern. I've only just come across this - has it been reported in the Natinal Express Coventry thread?
Yes, it has.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Squiz1971

Quote from: don on May 28, 2018, 12:11:16 AM
2089 was the Pensnett one IIRC @don

Squiz1971

Just passed 4692 on the 94 with a black 5 series BMW trying to get on through the engine compartment. Significant damage to the BMW and some damage to the bus could not see how much but the bonnet was at a 45 degree angle. This was at the penultimate bus stop before Drews Lane outbound around 6:30pm. Driver came out not looking too happy understandably

Tony

don

don

Quote from: Squiz1971 on May 28, 2018, 07:26:40 PM
2089 was the Pensnett one IIRC @don

Cheers - I couldn't remember which one.

Jack6101

Quote from: don on May 29, 2018, 11:08:57 PM
Cheers - I couldn't remember which one.
its 2087 if you look on the main site picture
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

Tony

Nottingham Solo's turn to have a thermal incident

Tony

Squiz1971

Quote from: Jack6101 on May 30, 2018, 01:38:39 PM
its 2087 if you look on the main site picture
Cheers @Jack6101 had a feeling I was out a couple of buses

DJ

That video is over 2 years old, if the timestamp on the Facebook page is to be believed.

There was also a crash in Dartford today, also involving an Arriva bus.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/966724/bus-crash-dartford-25-cars-damaged-hythe-street-kent

Nevermind, I didn't read the earlier posts. I shouldn't really try and post when I'm tired!

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

paulb1973

Quote from: StourValley98 on May 30, 2018, 07:19:37 PM
That video is over 2 years old, if the timestamp on the Facebook page is to be believed.

I think that is a video of that Solo fire a couple of years ago.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk