News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Bus Accidents/Incidents.

Started by P419 EJW, June 15, 2014, 11:53:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ally

~ Alistair (A.K.A. Ally)
~ Originally from Bedworth, Warwickshire. Now residing in Bristol
~ CSA at National Express, Bristol
~ https://www.facebook.com/alistair.transportchat

lauren1993

6821 had a window smashed whilst on the 94 at around 19:40 towards the city centre on washwood Heath road, passengers were transferred to 1815 behind on the 55.
Favourite buses currently:
871, 1828, 4421, 4764, 6101, 6108, 6116, 6118, 6121, 6848, 6849
Least favourite buses currently:
4203, 4213, 4398, 4419

karl724223

Bus gone into shelters at Dudley bus station this morning

P419 EJW

Quote from: karl724223 on October 09, 2017, 12:01:07 PM
Bus gone into shelters at Dudley bus station this morning

It was 866.

Stuharris 6360

Is it me, there seem to be a lot of accidents of late?!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

DJ

Image from someone in a local Dudley group on Facebook. According to them, it just about missed a woman who was sat down there.
Someone else has said that the daughter of the driver commented elsewhere, that he had a fit at the wheel. (I'll remove that bit if any admins/family members don't want it shared.)

Edit: There's also a short video of the damage

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Stuharris 6360

How on earth did the driver manage that ??
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Tony

Stuharris 6360

Ah well in that case, can't be helped. Let's hope that the driver is ok?

Westy

Quote from: DJ98 on October 09, 2017, 05:02:09 PM
Image from someone in a local Dudley group on Facebook. According to them, it just about missed a woman who was sat down there.
Someone else has said that the daughter of the driver commented elsewhere, that he had a fit at the wheel. (I'll remove that bit if any admins/family members don't want it shared.)

Edit: There's also a short video of the damage

To be honest, if a family member had publicly commented on the circumstances of the incident, then the info is fair game to be shared, irrespective whether its shared or not.

Thats my opinion.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Westy on October 09, 2017, 07:46:35 PM
To be honest, if a family member had publicly commented on the circumstances of the incident, then the info is fair game to be shared, irrespective whether its shared or not.

Thats my opinion.

But a family member can say anything, Tony has now confirmed the cause of the incident which I am more inclined to believe than anything else that has been said.

Saying that the health and welfare of the driver are most important in a situation like this whatever caused it.

DJ

Quote from: Westy on October 09, 2017, 07:46:35 PM

Thats my opinion.

Yeah, that's what I thought to, but I just wanted to make sure. I'll still happily take it down if it's not wanted, but I guess it's fair game to be shared if it was posted on a public group, and that the picture is in a public place.

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on October 09, 2017, 07:58:07 PM
But a family member can say anything, Tony has now confirmed the cause of the incident which I am more inclined to believe than anything else that has been said.

Saying that the health and welfare of the driver are most important in a situation like this whatever caused it.

The post from the family member mentioning what happened lines up with what Tony reported, in that he was taken ill. I'm just glad it wasn't busy at the time, and that it was an empty bus (I presume), I've had family members get injured in the past from bus crashes, so I've seen how bad it can be, and how stressful it is for the family.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Lukeee

Lucky no one was hit, thoughts with the driver

John

RTC between a truck and Pershore Road branded Enviro400 by Longbridge Station. Haven't got the link to the Mail as i saw it on a whatsapp group

Tony

Quote from: John on October 11, 2017, 02:21:44 PM
RTC between a truck and Pershore Road branded Enviro400 by Longbridge Station. Haven't got the link to the Mail as i saw it on a whatsapp group
http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/live-longbridge-crash-travel-bus-13746632

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk