News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Bus Accidents/Incidents.

Started by P419 EJW, June 15, 2014, 11:53:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

Metchley Lane in Harborne earlier this afternoon, igo through the fence!

Picture from Birmingham Updates Facebook page
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Trident 4194

Quote from: Stu on July 27, 2017, 06:16:22 PM
Metchley Lane in Harborne earlier this afternoon, igo through the fence!

How did the driver manage that one????

Tony

BusFan94

Igo rail hoping

It means jumping the fence in a slang way
Busfan94🚏
Local routes NXWM (WA) 34, 37, 39
NXWM (WN) 79
Thandi 334,37
Diamond 310,65
Further away
NXWM (WA) 11,13
Thandi 311/313
NXWM (WB) 40

Squiz1971

I bet the driver feels a bit of a clod when his shortcut came to nothing lol ;D ;D :D ::) ???

Stuharris 6360

Have checked to see if this has been mentioned elsewhere and I can't find it anywhere (apologies if it is).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-coventry-warwickshire-40707722

What I can't believe is that the driver is 79!!!

Surely there should be an age limit on how old you can be to drive a public service vehilcle?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Tony

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on July 27, 2017, 07:06:33 PM
Have checked to see if this has been mentioned elsewhere and I can't find it anywhere (apologies if it is).

Surely there should be an age limit on how old you can be to drive a public service vehilcle?

It was Three years ago now, so he was only 76!

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Tony on July 27, 2017, 07:09:55 PM
It was Three years ago now, so he was only 76!

Ah sorry, 2 years ago in October, so he was 77, my point still counts, I would have thought an upper age limit should be applied to bus drivers, would he still have to pass driving reviews at Stagecoach @Tony .
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Tony

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on July 27, 2017, 07:16:03 PM
Ah sorry, 2 years ago in October, so he was 77, my point still counts, I would have thought an upper age limit should be applied to bus drivers, would he still have to pass driving reviews at Stagecoach @Tony .

Under current employment law you cannot discriminate on age, so you cannot get rid of someone just because they are 79. From the age of 65 he will have to have had a medical every year testing vision, reactions, blood pressure, urine and a couple of things I cannot remember when I had my last one.

You have one of these when you first get your license, next one age 45, the 50, 55, 60, 65 then every year. The DVSA make you renew your license each year as well to make sure you are having the medicals

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Tony on July 27, 2017, 07:29:42 PM
Under current employment law you cannot discriminate on age, so you cannot get rid of someone just because they are 79. From the age of 65 he will have to have had a medical every year testing vision, reactions, blood pressure, urine and a couple of things I cannot remember when I had my last one.

You have one of these when you first get your license, next one age 45, the 50, 55, 60, 65 then every year. The DVSA make you renew your license each year as well to make sure you are having the medicals

Thank you for the answer @Tony.

YN64AOG

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on July 27, 2017, 07:06:33 PM

I assume this is 18189?

Just re-done my website.  Check it out to see all my photos.  Updated almost every day!

Michael Bevan

According to a post on Facebook, 4224 had an engine fire yesterday whilst in Coventry Garage. Probably the end for it now.

YN64AOG

Quote from: Michael Bevan on August 02, 2017, 04:16:13 PM
According to a post on Facebook, 4224 had an engine fire yesterday whilst in Coventry Garage. Probably the end for it now.

It's due for retirement soon anyway, so it's not a big loss.  What will replace it?

Just re-done my website.  Check it out to see all my photos.  Updated almost every day!

paulb1973

Quote from: Michael Bevan on August 02, 2017, 04:16:13 PM

Yes, saw the same pics - wasn't too dire, but any fire damage is not good. I don't think this was due for imminent withdrawal - although it might be now! 

Tony

Quote from: John on June 15, 2017, 06:42:04 PM
Just seen a picture of 6839 with minor fire damage to the engine bay and body panels surrounding it

Back in service today. Out on the X61

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk