News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Bus Accidents/Incidents.

Started by P419 EJW, June 15, 2014, 11:53:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westy

Quote from: MasterPlan on December 28, 2016, 09:01:10 PM
http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/watch-teenage-girls-mass-brawl-12378839

Looks like another incident on the 14. Do NX bosses look into things like this and consider changes / discontinuations to routes because of it?

Didn't the old 511 in Wolverhampton get rerouted in the evenings because of issues in Underhill?

I remember Walsall rerouting the old 319 along Beddows Road in Coalpool, which had a reputation.

I believe an 'incident' then happened, which resulted in the 319 being rerouted along it's now current route.

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: Westy on December 28, 2016, 09:15:06 PM
Didn't the old 511 in Wolverhampton get rerouted in the evenings because of issues in Underhill?

I remember Walsall rerouting the old 319 along Beddows Road in Coalpool, which had a reputation.

I believe an 'incident' then happened, which resulted in the 319 being rerouted along it's now current route.

I'm miffed they're still showing buses in TWM livery !
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

WMT3000

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/watch-teenage-girls-mass-brawl-12378839

Looks like another incident on the 14. Do NX bosses look into things like this and consider changes / discontinuations to routes because of it?
Watching the video, that looked like no more than a minor scuffle to me. Quite why an investigation is necessary I don't know. I've seen far worse numerous times over the years. NXWM's policy of treating anyone under 18 as untouchable results in this sort of behaviour regularly on buses throughout the region. Also if I was high up at NXWM, I would do something about the Birmingham Mail promoting this sensationalism and giving their buses a bad reputation. They seem to revel in the fact that things like this happen - always providing the obligatory video to entertain their "readers". I always think about how they provided a youtube link when those two unemployable idiots kept holding up buses by lying on the platform etc. when they should have been banned from buses already for their previous antics over a period of several months.

Jack6101

Those ''unemployable idiots'' have almost 2 million subscribers on YouTube and there video are from when they first started around 3/4 years ago at least there not damaging buses!!!!
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

Trident 4194

Unfortunately the driver is not allowed to leave his box, haha. Why don't they have microphones like in the x10 branded buses. The other day there were kids jumping around on top deck, so the driver announced" could the kids on the upper deck please remain seated, or you will be removed from the bus". That soon stopped them!!! Does the driver just keep driving whilst a fight is on the loose?

WMT3000

Quote from: Jack6101 on December 29, 2016, 09:48:28 AM
Those ''unemployable idiots'' have almost 2 million subscribers on YouTube and there video are from when they first started around 3/4 years ago at least there not damaging buses!!!!
Good for them, er sorry dem mandem. Their parents must be so proud. Lol.

BusFan94

An incident involving kids running around and hitting an old lady happened on the 34 at Bradford Place my friend told me that were eight children from two family's now he is quite tall about 6'6 he was sitting at the fire exit. The bus was a single Decker now these kids kept running up and down and screaming. The bus pulled up at Bradford Place the one kid climbed over the seats he then jumped over one and hit an old lady in the back of the head right by the driver's door. Did the driver say anything I asked my friend said no. Fortunately my Friend was kind enough to make sure the lady was ok the Parents did not do anything neither did the driver. Luckily the old lady was ok and didn't need to go to Hospital.
Busfan94🚏
Local routes NXWM (WA) 34, 37, 39
NXWM (WN) 79
Thandi 334,37
Diamond 310,65
Further away
NXWM (WA) 11,13
Thandi 311/313
NXWM (WB) 40

MW

Quote from: BusFan94 on December 29, 2016, 11:02:22 AM
An incident involving kids running around and hitting an old lady happened on the 34 at Bradford Place my friend told me that were eight children from two family's now he is quite tall about 6'6 he was sitting at the fire exit. The bus was a single Decker now these kids kept running up and down and screaming. The bus pulled up at Bradford Place the one kid climbed over the seats he then jumped over one and hit an old lady in the back of the head right by the driver's door. Did the driver say anything I asked my friend said no. Fortunately my Friend was kind enough to make sure the lady was ok the Parents did not do anything neither did the driver. Luckily the old lady was ok and didn't need to go to Hospital.

Ffs can you learn how to write a sentence please

Trident 4194

Quote from: MW on December 29, 2016, 03:07:18 PM
Ffs can you learn how to write a sentence please

Don't think commas have ever been seen before?  @MW

Dom

Quote from: BusFan94 on December 29, 2016, 11:02:22 AM

Another load of bollocks....

Stu

Quote from: WMT3000 on December 29, 2016, 08:31:49 AM
Watching the video, that looked like no more than a minor scuffle to me. Quite why an investigation is necessary I don't know. I've seen far worse numerous times over the years. NXWM's policy of treating anyone under 18 as untouchable results in this sort of behaviour regularly on buses throughout the region. Also if I was high up at NXWM, I would do something about the Birmingham Mail promoting this sensationalism and giving their buses a bad reputation. They seem to revel in the fact that things like this happen - always providing the obligatory video to entertain their "readers". I always think about how they provided a youtube link when those two unemployable idiots kept holding up buses by lying on the platform etc. when they should have been banned from buses already for their previous antics over a period of several months.

To be honest, its not very clear in that video what is actually happening. But I agree with you about the Birmingham Mail: the standard of 'journalism' has dropped right into the gutter, every news article is based around shitty phone videos, either found on Youtube, or some meaningless pan shot of a street.

I hope that whoever at the Birmingham Mail who came across this video also had the decency to share it with the police. Sadly this kind of behaviour shown in this video is just another example of todays kids having little or no respect for anyone else, nor for themselves it seems, and the sad thing is that their parents are probably just as bad.

Quote from: Trident 4194 on December 29, 2016, 10:19:25 AM
Does the driver just keep driving whilst a fight is on the loose?

Unfortunately nowadays, the drivers are instructed to not get involved and just drive the bus, they can radio for help if they believe police assistance is required.

I do recall a tale I was told many years ago, about an incident that occurred on the 87 bus mear Oldbury, the driver drove straight to the Oldbury police station, got out and fetched some police officers, who then dealt with the troublemakers and got them off the bus.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Kevin_Brum12

Looks like another incident on the 14.

I share posters concerns about the standard of journalism at the Birmingham Mail and their frequent trawling of the internet for Youtube videos to continually show a message of buses being dangerous, unsafe and full of anti-social behaviour, which represents a minority of journeys in the grand scheme of things.  Do you think they've shared the video with West Midlands Police so the perpetrators can be brought to book?  Is there a large pig flying outside my front window?

Also, I bet the reporters who spend all their days looking at the internet to generate more click bait can't be bothered to attend court to report when offenders are sentenced for crime on the buses - because that would require some work and skill and a bus trip into the city centre?

From an operator perspective, it is time for some rather better PR.  National Express could order its advertising agency to pull all marketing activity from the Trinity Mirror stable of publications (including the Daily Mirror, Birmingham Mail, Sunday People and Manchester Evening News.  Why pay good money to advertise in a media groups publications and websites when they continually run down your service?  It is something I suspect a certain bus company owner in Scotland whose surname begins with "S" would think of doing if one of his companies was having similar "click bait" stories from a TM rag.

Dom

Quote from: WMT3000 on December 29, 2016, 10:47:08 AM
Good for them, er sorry dem mandem. Their parents must be so proud. Lol.

Of course, this is an issue with the world, the only form of success must be sitting in an office 9-5 everyday. What about the guy who has 12m subscribers, has his own £3m house and a very successful career, but all he does is play games and records his life. Is he 'unemployable', still prepared to make a sarcastic comment about his parents being proud?

BusFan94

Quote from: Dom on December 29, 2016, 05:34:08 PM
Another load of bollocks....
No you weren't there so you can't presume it's bollocks.

Anyway with all the frost and ice around on narrow back streets like Wolverhampton Street in Darlaston I'm surprised we haven't seen an accident yet living on a narrow back street frost still hasn't melted cars just come skidding down here one had it's rear wheels loaded and skidded surprised no bus has do it yet or crashed.
Busfan94🚏
Local routes NXWM (WA) 34, 37, 39
NXWM (WN) 79
Thandi 334,37
Diamond 310,65
Further away
NXWM (WA) 11,13
Thandi 311/313
NXWM (WB) 40

MW

Quote from: BusFan94 on December 29, 2016, 08:51:05 PM
No you weren't there so you can't presume it's bollocks.

Another load of bollocks

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk