News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Bus Accidents/Incidents.

Started by P419 EJW, June 15, 2014, 11:53:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: karl724223 on October 20, 2016, 12:12:28 PM
About 1050 on Stourbridge ring road by petrol station the igo 299 ran into rhe back of a car

tbh @karl724223 I am surprised that there are not many more accidents at that particular location, seen dozens of near misses.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

karl724223

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on October 20, 2016, 01:39:50 PM
tbh @karl724223 I am surprised that there are not many more accidents at that particular location, seen dozens of near misses.
yes I've seen loads there to driver thinks car had gone and it hasn't

Stuharris 6360

Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

JoNi

Heard loud bang when walking past Broad Marsh Bus Station ten minutes ago. The car driver who jumped the lights in the outside lane found the hardest bit of an Nottingham Transport Optare Solo (334) is at the front! The trolleybus still has all its red wheels!

Michael Bevan

4460 currently parked on Moor Street Queensway surrounded by ambulance's and a fire engine.

Quote from: Michael Bevan on October 30, 2016, 03:37:57 PM
4460 currently parked on Moor Street Queensway surrounded by ambulance's and a fire engine.
Its been there since about 13:30 - 14:00.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stu

Quote from: pndriver on November 01, 2016, 07:11:16 PM
http://www.expressandstar.com/news/emergency-services/2016/11/01/schoolboy-hit-by-bus-in-wednesbury-left-with-serious-injuries/

Does anybody know what actually happened? The lack of any detail or information in the article is astonishing, I'm expecting to pop over to my Facebook page and see someone sharing this accusing of NX being murderers again, because some people are so quick to jump to conclusions, even when faced with barely any detail.

Sadly, Birmingham Mail are no better when it comes to shoddy journalism these days. A few brief words, along with some vague video, seems to constitute 'journalism' today. Hope the kid makes a full recovery.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tony

Quote from: Stu on November 01, 2016, 07:26:06 PM
Does anybody know what actually happened? The lack of any detail or information in the article is astonishing, I'm expecting to pop over to my Facebook page and see someone sharing this accusing of NX being murderers again, because some people are so quick to jump to conclusions, even when faced with barely any detail.

Sadly, Birmingham Mail are no better when it comes to shoddy journalism these days. A few brief words, along with some vague video, seems to constitute 'journalism' today. Hope the kid makes a full recovery.

It has nothing to do with NX. It was a Diamond vehicle

P419 EJW

A friend has informed me that earlier this afternoon he saw a Crimson 17xx on 311 or 313 had a fire incident. Fire services were at the scene. It was somewhere in Wednesbury, near a school. He wasn't sure which 17xx because there was big smoke coming out of the bus and the road was closed.

BU07 LGO

Quote from: P419 EJW on November 03, 2016, 02:23:38 PM
A friend has informed me that earlier this afternoon he saw a Crimson 17xx on 311 or 313 had a fire incident. Fire services were at the scene. It was somewhere in Wednesbury, near a school. He wasn't sure which 17xx because there was big smoke coming out of the bus and the road was closed.

It was 1772

P419 EJW

Stu

There was an incident on my 37 this morning; the bus (2215) was full when it got to Reddings Lane, and the driver told the crowd he couldn't let everyone on. Some young twerp then decided to ignore the driver's polite request to leave the bus and wait for the next one, and start arguing with the driver. The driver got a police callout from AVL, but this idiot refused to get off, despite calls from my fellow passengers to do so.

The irony was that while the bus was stopped, a queue of traffic had built up behind, which meant that the next bus that wasn't far behind couldn't approach. The chap eventually did get off, and the police callout was cancelled.

While I was pissed off with the whole situation, I don't blame the driver. If the bus hadn't have been so crowded, I was tempted to go down the front and push the little shit off myself, especially after he accused the driver of racism.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

BusFan94

I was on the 333X going to Darlaston and this women with a young kid who is at primary school and another women who might have been her sister got on the bus at the Homestead the first thing they did was say your F*****g late do you have some B*******t reason for why late like the bus broke down you decraseful idiot she then carried on swearing in front of her son some more young kids and babies. Meanwhile this primary school kid kept saying suck D***K to a year 8 kid. She the called this kid a F*****g tramp a bully and a Paedophile. She then got back up and started being racist to the driver. She got off in Bentley. The driver then asked to show him the ticket. To which she replied with more racist comments. The same year 8 kid got off to let passengers off and the young kid kicked and punched him and called him a P***Y. I think  this shows bad parenting and why kids are rude these days.
Busfan94🚏
Local routes NXWM (WA) 34, 37, 39
NXWM (WN) 79
Thandi 334,37
Diamond 310,65
Further away
NXWM (WA) 11,13
Thandi 311/313
NXWM (WB) 40

karl724223

All the happenings on this 333x think I would catch another bus

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk