News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Bus Accidents/Incidents.

Started by P419 EJW, June 15, 2014, 11:53:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: MW on May 23, 2016, 04:18:55 PM
And that's why NXWM are banned from using the motorway. The training school are anyway due to the Merc catching fire a couple years ago lol.

Apparently before, the coaches would go as far as Oxford on training.

I still use the motorway regularly, I'd never get to Dundee on A roads

John

Tony

Will

Quote from: Tony on May 23, 2016, 08:47:49 PM
I still use the motorway regularly, I'd never get to Dundee on A roads

I'm led to believe that no Diamond service buses are allowed to go on the motorway not sure how true it is but that's what I heard from someone
Stourbridge   125

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: Will on May 23, 2016, 09:11:53 PM
I'm led to believe that no Diamond service buses are allowed to go on the motorway not sure how true it is but that's what I heard from someone

Exactly why is it that buses aren't allowed on motorways ? If I was a driver, it'd be quite the bore traveling at a reduced speed on a seemingly endless pile of tarmac.
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Liverpool Street

Buses aren't allowed to use motorways?
What is this horse shit
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

MW

You lot have interpreted it as some sort of Highway Code rule,

No, the company, or at least the Driving School bit aren't allowed on the motorway since the incident with the Merc catching fire, or at least this is what I was told at the training centre.

Of course buses in general are allowed on the motorway, you see Routemasters all the time being delivered going on the M6.

With regards to Diamond, I saw a Diamond streetlite on Saturday evening on the M42 displaying Private Hire, and another the week before which was presumably being delivered, but as Will says, it's service buses that he believes can't go on the motorways.

Westy

JoNi

There are many examples of service buses scheduled to use motorways. Witchway between Manchester and Burnley indeed it has now been routed between Burnley and Colne via motorway on its extension to Skipton.
Arriva buses use the M2 in Kent to get from the Medway Towns to Bluewater are just two that come to mind.

jc

Diamond's signature fleet crawl up and down the M42 from Redditch to Solihull and vice versa on a daily basis, quite annoying having to overtake one doing about 20mph up hill on a 70mph motorway

Tony

As MW rightly said, since the Mercedes fire the training school aren't allowed to take trainees on the Motorway any more, but there is no 'universal' company ban. If I couldn't use the Motorway to Dundee I wouldn't be able to get there with the daily driving limit.

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Tony on May 24, 2016, 08:04:03 AM
As MW rightly said, since the Mercedes fire the training school aren't allowed to take trainees on the Motorway any more, but there is no 'universal' company ban. If I couldn't use the Motorway to Dundee I wouldn't be able to get there with the daily driving limit.

Good luck getting to V Fest without motorways in the future haha
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Liam

I saw 4579 parked up at the side of a road with hazards on with board saying 'Not in Service' Then the driver started the engine and drove off still 'N.I.S'

Happened about 10 past 8 this morning on the Lichfield Road outside Wednesfield High

Trident 4609

Quote from: Liam on May 24, 2016, 10:07:51 AM
I saw 4579 parked up at the side of a road with hazards on with board saying 'Not in Service' Then the driver started the engine and drove off still 'N.I.S'

Happened about 10 past 8 this morning on the Lichfield Road outside Wednesfield High

Chances are the bus either broke down or driver had been adjusted and was waiting time.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk