News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Bus Accidents/Incidents.

Started by P419 EJW, June 15, 2014, 11:53:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MW

Yesterday I had an incident on Dudley Road like that. On the 11A, turning right onto Dudley Road at City Hospital. Around 8 funeral cars parked on Dudley Road on double yellows. So I've begun my turn and couldn't make it. To be fair I shouldn't have taken the turn, but at the time I thought I'd make it. They refused to move, and demanded I reverse. I said to them that they are on double yellows. They still refused. I said to them that there's no reverse gear on these. My passengers started swearing at the funeral staff. Eventually they moved.

Ronnoc

Quote from: MW on October 02, 2015, 04:19:10 PM
Yesterday I had an incident on Dudley Road like that. On the 11A, turning right onto Dudley Road at City Hospital. Around 8 funeral cars parked on Dudley Road on double yellows. So I've begun my turn and couldn't make it. To be fair I shouldn't have taken the turn, but at the time I thought I'd make it. They refused to move, and demanded I reverse. I said to them that they are on double yellows. They still refused. I said to them that there's no reverse gear on these. My passengers started swearing at the funeral staff. Eventually they moved.
These incidents are so common, it doesn't surprise me. You were in the right there and so were the passengers  :P

Stu

Quote from: Winston on October 02, 2015, 01:48:15 PM
https://uk.screen.yahoo.com/road-rage/bus-driver-motorists-stand-off-082000296.html

Reminds me of the video I saw the other day with the two Mercedes drivers that blocked a road just because one of them wouldn't give way.

I see it nearly every day now, motorists showing absolutely no consideration to anyone else but themselves. And as for that gobshite in this video, you can see the people who think so highly of themselves when they talk so much, usually spouting rubbish too. Just man up, move your car and let everybody else get on with their journey! Instead of making a big drama out of the situation, especially when someone is filming it.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

GeminiFan1991

This is hardly an incident although probably worth mentioning but on my 11C home, this good lady started cleaning the bus and even deposited the rubbish in a bin when she got off, I was fairly surprised, suppose you see something new every day
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

JoNi

JoNi

The hyperlink to Coventry Telegraph is being updated and has a closer picture of the bus.

Twi

from what i have been told although rumours are paramount and facts are sketchy

A stage coach double deck bus clips a stage coach single deck bus and mounts the pavement crashing into sainsburys.. reports of two dead an ederly lady plus a child (these are un comfirmed) also unsure are their locations two stories are that one was on the bus and the ederly lady was a pedestrian ,another places them both on the bus. the saddest part of this entire incident is that after a near miss this morning myself with a pedestrian walking out in front of me, me and two colleagues agreed that someone will die soon on trinity street how sad to think that it actually happened 5 hours later

condolences if these deaths are true to all concerned

Tony

Quote from: Twi on October 03, 2015, 09:31:36 PM

A stage coach double deck bus clips a stage coach single deck bus and mounts the pavement crashing into sainsburys.. reports of two dead an ederly lady plus a child (these are un comfirmed) also unsure are their locations two stories are that one was on the bus and the ederly lady was a pedestrian ,another places them both on the bus. the saddest part of this entire incident is that after a near miss this morning myself with a pedestrian walking out in front of me, me and two colleagues agreed that someone will die soon on trinity street how sad to think that it actually happened 5 hours later

Dreadful corner, Zebra crossing is far too close to the junction

Ronnoc

Condolences to the family's of those dead and I must say, that is some damage.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Twi on October 03, 2015, 09:31:36 PM

At the moment, the BBC are only reporting 8 injuries, let us hope and pray that it stays that way and there are no fatalities.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Ally

Quote from: Tony on October 03, 2015, 09:37:04 PM
Dreadful corner, Zebra crossing is far too close to the junction

And to make matters worse, they've been digging it up leaving just barely enough room to get a bus round the bend. I would assume that the "parked cars" it struck would be Taxis from the rank just before the road thins into the bend, if that info is correct.
They've now confirmed 2 people as dead with a press conference to be held at the scene at 11pm.
That very bend is where another Stagecoach bus struck and killed somebody not too long back, with another such instance at "Death Diamond" a little further back down the road.
~ Alistair (A.K.A. Ally)
~ Originally from Bedworth, Warwickshire. Now residing in Bristol
~ CSA at National Express, Bristol
~ https://www.facebook.com/alistair.transportchat

Adam 404

:-[Worrying to think that at 6pm yesterday, I was stood by the bollard on the corner taking photo's...
Sad to hear of the injuries / deaths that have occurred in this sharp corner.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Ally on October 03, 2015, 10:58:15 PM
And to make matters worse, they've been digging it up leaving just barely enough room to get a bus round the bend. I would assume that the "parked cars" it struck would be Taxis from the rank just before the road thins into the bend, if that info is correct.
They've now confirmed 2 people as dead with a press conference to be held at the scene at 11pm.
That very bend is where another Stagecoach bus struck and killed somebody not too long back, with another such instance at "Death Diamond" a little further back down the road.

Now confirmed, 2 dead,  75 yr old woman in the street and an 8 year old boy on the bus.

Very very sad end to what had been a very good day  :( :( :( :( :(
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

JoNi

Three bus spotters from Barnsley I spoke to this morning who were standing on the corner before going to Walsall will certainly remember their day in the Midlands.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk