News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Bus Accidents/Incidents.

Started by P419 EJW, June 15, 2014, 11:53:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuharris 6360

Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Trident 4609

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on September 02, 2015, 09:17:51 PM
@P419 EJW Who was to blame becuase that report seems to suggest that the bus was in the wrong?

The car pulled out on the bus....

trident4370

Can see just from the photo the bus had right of way.

notepanel

Quote from: Nathan on September 02, 2015, 09:20:01 PM
The car pulled out on the bus....

Just being awkward here - and it would still be the car drivers fault to an extent, but on the second picture the buses indicator is clearly flashing.

This is most likely because the driver has put his hazards on after the collision, but what is to say it isn't actually the indicator and the driver starting signalling too early for the stop just past the junction? The car may have pulled out, incorrectly assuming the bus was turning.

It most probably is a case of the car has just failed to stop/notice the bus, but not everything is always as clear as it may seem!

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: notepanel on September 02, 2015, 09:25:07 PM
Just being awkward here - and it would still be the car drivers fault to an extent, but on the second picture the buses indicator is clearly flashing.

This is most likely because the driver has put his hazards on after the collision, but what is to say it isn't actually the indicator and the driver starting signalling too early for the stop just past the junction? The car may have pulled out, incorrectly assuming the bus was turning.

Still car drivers fault, you should never assume because an indicator is flashing that the vehicle is going to turn or pull in.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

P419 EJW

Quote from: 2206 on September 02, 2015, 09:28:23 PM
@Nathan the bus is turning right looks as though the car was also going right nobody chose to stop and let the other veichle go first.

@2206, what are you talking about? The bus was going straight around the bend... The car was going to turn right.

P419 EJW

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on September 02, 2015, 09:17:51 PM
@P419 EJW Who was to blame becuase that report seems to suggest that the bus was in the wrong?

@Stuharris 6360 It was the car's fault. I did think the article tried to make it sound like it was the bus' fault. Not happy with the journalism.

Quote from: P419 EJW on September 02, 2015, 09:30:37 PM
@2206, what are you talking about? The bus was going straight around the bend... The car was going to turn right.
The indicator is on though?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

BU07 LGO

Quote from: 2206 on September 02, 2015, 09:32:32 PM

Most likely hazards but the other side is smashed

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: 2206 on September 02, 2015, 09:32:32 PM

But because of the pic you can only see one indicator, the other may be on to meaning the hazards are on!!

BU07 LGO

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on September 02, 2015, 09:35:37 PM
But because of the pic you can only see one indicator, the other may be on to meaning the hazards are on!!

The other side was completely smashed, knowing the road there isn't a right turn anyway for the bus so I'm guessing the driver (sensibly) put hazards on after to warn other traffic, or some newer cars detect an impact and put them on automatically

P419 EJW

Quote from: notepanel on September 02, 2015, 09:25:07 PM

It most probably is a case of the car has just failed to stop/notice the bus, but not everything is always as clear as it may seem!

The bus had the hazard lights on after the crash happened. If you know the route 89, the bus would not have turned left there, it would have carried on to Field Lane then turn left there.

So did the car speed out trying to beat the bus?
looks as though the newspaper are blaming the bus of injuring the child to me though looks as though its the cars fault because he should not of pulled out in the first place.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: 2206 on September 02, 2015, 10:01:41 PM
So did the car speed out trying to beat the bus?
looks as though the newspaper are blaming the bus of injuring the child to me though looks as though its the cars.

Newspapers for you, the bus collided with the car, makes a better headline

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk