News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Bus Accidents/Incidents.

Started by P419 EJW, June 15, 2014, 11:53:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

Quote from: MW on August 29, 2015, 08:03:56 PM
Apparently there was a Fiat Punto that pulled out just off shot.

I hope whoever you heard this off has reported this information to the police.

Police launched an appeal this morning for any witnesses to come forward, in particular the passengers on both buses who left the scene without speaking to them.

Lots of comments on the video and the BM article on Facebook very judgemental, without knowing all the facts of what happened, "how can you not see another bus?", "done deliberately for insurance", "all bus drivers are bad drivers" etc etc.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

BK63 YWP

Accident on amblecote road car flipped over X96 on diversion around it. Police removing car as i type.
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Gareth

Quote from: MW on August 29, 2015, 08:03:56 PM
Apparently there was a Fiat Punto that pulled out just off shot.

Good job it wasn't a Fiat Uno. We'd all be blaming Prince Philip again!

MW

Quote from: Stu on August 30, 2015, 11:08:06 AM
I hope whoever you heard this off has reported this information to the police.

Police launched an appeal this morning for any witnesses to come forward, in particular the passengers on both buses who left the scene without speaking to them.

Lots of comments on the video and the BM article on Facebook very judgemental, without knowing all the facts of what happened, "how can you not see another bus?", "done deliberately for insurance", "all bus drivers are bad drivers" etc etc.

I think the Fiat Punto is b*llsh*t tbh. I reckon it was a heart attack. I can't believe it was my bus aswell. I was waiting for it at the time!

Stu

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

I was on 2152 this Evening 2152 did the 19:20 from Kingshurst on the 56 today but while it was parked in the terminus a group of teenagers  around the age of between 8 and 16 were throwing Apples at the back widow over and over again the driver eventuraly put the Alarm on and they all ran away but further down the road they again started throwing apples at the side of the bus in the end 2152 was left with deep scratches on it back window the size of a  apple on its back window. You could hear loud bangs over and over again.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Liverpool Street

Quote from: 2206 on August 30, 2015, 08:26:13 PM
I was on 2152 this Evening 2152 did the 19:20 from Kingshurst on the 56 today but while it was parked in the terminus a group of teenagers  around the age of between 8 and 16 were throwing Apples at the back widow over and over again the driver eventuraly put the Alarm on and they all ran away but further down the road they again started throwing apples at the side of the bus in the end 2152 was left with a crack and scratches on it back window the size of a  apple on its back window. You could hear loud bangs over and over again.

Those poor defenceless apples.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Quote from: Liverpool Street on August 30, 2015, 08:33:50 PM
Those poor defenceless apples.
Plus at one point they were kicking the bonnet! Looked to me as though they were board and they had nothing better to do than try and smash a window in.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

JoNi

JoNi

Trouble is with 20 mph zones on "main" roads as against side streets in places where it's already adopted motorists won't take any notice. Indeed one city where it has been adopted I've been told it only to encourage motorists to slow down they don't expect cars to drive at that speed.
Buses will meanwhile be slower which will either result in the need for more buses or widened headways. I know which option I'd put my money on being adopted!

MW

Quote from: JoNi on September 01, 2015, 09:18:49 AM
Trouble is with 20 mph zones on "main" roads as against side streets in places where it's already adopted motorists won't take any notice. Indeed one city where it has been adopted I've been told it only to encourage motorists to slow down they don't expect cars to drive at that speed.
Buses will meanwhile be slower which will either result in the need for more buses or widened headways. I know which option I'd put my money on being adopted!

Warwick Road, Acocks Green, if you look hard enough you'll spot a 20mph sign. Literally nobody takes notice of it lol

Mike K

Quote from: 2206 on August 30, 2015, 08:26:13 PM
I was on 2152 this Evening 2152 did the 19:20 from Kingshurst on the 56 today but while it was parked in the terminus a group of teenagers  around the age of between 8 and 16 were throwing Apples at the back widow over and over again the driver eventuraly put the Alarm on and they all ran away but further down the road they again started throwing apples at the side of the bus in the end 2152 was left with a crack and scratches on it back window the size of a  apple on its back window. You could hear loud bangs over and over again.

Was on the 24/29 on Monday and to be fair it did have a strange 'splat' mark where it looked like something had been thrown at the back window but no crack.

Reported as being on the 23 today in the noteworthy workings thread so keeping it out west and safe from the Fordbridge apple chuckers.

Quote from: Mike K on September 01, 2015, 06:09:18 PM
Was on the 24/29 on Monday and to be fair it did have a strange 'splat' mark where it looked like something had been thrown at the back window but no crack.

Reported as being on the 23 today in the noteworthy workings thread so keeping it out west and safe from the Fordbridge apple chuckers.
Not sure how true this is but I was told that on Sunday 23rd a 55 had its window knocked in by the school in Kingshurst. @Mike K
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk