News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Bus Accidents/Incidents.

Started by P419 EJW, June 15, 2014, 11:53:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashley 60171

2029 failed on the 3. Was parked up at 1820 on Finchfield Road West outside Bantock Park towards Castlecroft.

Ronnoc

Yardley Wood road currently blocked from Trittiford road to Brook Lane with a Trident in between the police, it looks to have been involved in an incident.

JoNi

John

There looked to be a problem on Riland Road as I was running back to garage. 2 NX Sutton buses and a 110 got stuck. Looked like one of the NX buses tried to overtake the 110 Tamworth bound and got blocked by the other NX bus heading into Sutton. The one that overtook the 110 was trying to reverse

Ossie

Quote from: John on July 10, 2015, 11:57:10 AM
There looked to be a problem on Riland Road as I was running back to garage. 2 NX Sutton buses and a 110 got stuck. Looked like one of the NX buses tried to overtake the 110 Tamworth bound and got blocked by the other NX bus heading into Sutton. The one that overtook the 110 was trying to reverse

John, were you on 4918, running empty from Falcon Lodge?  You're dead right about the Riland Road problem, I was on the Sutton bound 914, which was 4934.  What you wouldn't have known was that it had taken us the best part of 15 minutes to get down Riland Road, thanks to (a) a funeral car parked half way down it, with pedestrians milling in the road, (b) a red car coming the other way which refused to attempt to drive past 4934 (I reckon there was room), resulting in a lengthy and heated (the car driver, that was) stand-off (b) a white car which then attempted to follow it and resulted in a second stand-off before reversing and all but winging a parked car in doing so, and finally (c) the eejit NXWM driver who attempted to overtake the Tamworth bound Sapphire on what is effectively a blind bend, the Sapphire having correctly assessed the situation and tucked in for us to pass.  So we finished cab-to-cab with the outbound NX bus (!), he wouldn't reverse, and eventually it was a pavement and inch-by-inch job for the Sapphire to manouvre past us, and then the NX bus to manouvre past us.  The NX driver then had the gall to castigate ours as he passed!  Did you also see the car driver who got out of his car just past the bridge and stood in the middle of the road, bouncing up and down and shouting invective at everyone, when he had absolutely no idea what was going on?  :D :D :D

When we made Sutton, our driver was given effusive thanks by virtually every passenger as they alighted.  It was a text-book display of skillful driving.  If you know who it was, give him another well done from me.  8)

Something needs to be done about Riland Road .....

Ossie

4192 noted being towed out of Dudley lunchtime today.  Didn't appear to have an offside fleet-number for some reason .....

John

@Ossie

Yes that was me in 4918

I saw the driver of your bus in the garage on my break, and he mentioned the funeral cars. He also said that the driver of the other NX impatiently tried to get around the 110 without seeing why the road was blocked. Let me tell you he wasn't very happy with that driver.

Riland Road, which I guess you know, is awful at the best of times. I've thought that either 904s to Falcon Lodge should use Rectory Road, or take some services up Coleshill Road

Tony

arrifirststage

Quote from: John on July 10, 2015, 05:48:21 PM
@Ossie

Yes that was me in 4918

I saw the driver of your bus in the garage on my break, and he mentioned the funeral cars. He also said that the driver of the other NX impatiently tried to get around the 110 without seeing why the road was blocked. Let me tell you he wasn't very happy with that driver.

Riland Road, which I guess you know, is awful at the best of times. I've thought that either 904s to Falcon Lodge should use Rectory Road, or take some services up Coleshill Road
You are quite correct........but I think Coleshill Road is a no no because buses would miss out Good Hope Hospital,a prime bus stop

B61 ANDREW

Airshuttles FJ54ZDK was "coned off" on the hard shoulder of the northbound M5, south of Worcester just before 6 pm yesterday.   ???

Tony

Kevin

7025 just had a coming together with a car in Sutton just pulling out of South Parade on the 66A, front drivers side indicator smashed seems to be the only damage though
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk