News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Bus Accidents/Incidents.

Started by P419 EJW, June 15, 2014, 11:53:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

leewhayward29

Quote from: John on March 18, 2015, 12:19:08 AM
You could smell it right through the garage tonight, as it has been said already, rear roof and last 2 window bays badly damaged, tand the rest of the upper deck badly smoke damaged. The water was still dripping out of it when I had a look at it

What garage is it from?
Bus services in my local area and where I live

31 -  Walsall to Mossley via Bloxwich and Leamore. NXWM (WALSALL GARAGE) Buses used are: Wright Eclipse 2 B7RLE and Dennis Trident ALX400                     

32 - Walsall to Lower Farm via Bloxwich and Leamore. NXWM (WALSALL GARAGE) Buses used are:- Wright Eclipse 2 B7RLE and ADL Enviro400

69 - Walsall to Wolverhampton via Beechdale, New Invention, Wood End and New Cross Hospital. NXWM (WOLVERHAMPTON GARAGE) Buses used are: Wright Eclipse 2 B7RLE, Dennis Trident ALX400 and ADL Enviro200

529   - Wolverhampton to Walsall via willenhall. NXWM (WOLVERHAMPTON GARAGE) Buses Used are:- ADL Enviro400 MMC   Dennis Trident ALX400, ADL Enviro400H   (Platinum bus service)

Ronnoc

Quote from: leewhayward29 on March 18, 2015, 04:07:18 AM
Quote from: John on March 18, 2015, 12:19:08 AM
You could smell it right through the garage tonight, as it has been said already, rear roof and last 2 window bays badly damaged, tand the rest of the upper deck badly smoke damaged. The water was still dripping out of it when I had a look at it

What garage is it from?
Perry Barr.

wbdriver

an empty bus is a happy driver.

danny

Just been ushered off the 126 under the asda motorway bridge in Oldbury towards brum dur to a passenger being taken ill, must of been pretty bad as driver called ambulance and the passenger was not moving.
Danny :) proud swift, mango and oyster user...

My locals 12, 12A, 13, 22, 126, and the sixes every weekend :)

wbdriver

an empty bus is a happy driver.

BU07 LGO

hes bound to, he probably does same journey every day

Stu

I'm absolutely mystified by this, and don't even know where to begin.

a) The fact that he even thought this would be a clever and fun thing to do.
b) And the fact that he thought he would not be seen by any of the crystal clear CCTV cameras on these buses, which even have working screens!

:o
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Stu on March 19, 2015, 07:32:33 PM
I'm absolutely mystified by this, and don't even know where to begin.

a) The fact that he even thought this would be a clever and fun thing to do.
b) And the fact that he thought he would not be seen by any of the crystal clear CCTV cameras on these buses, which even have working screens!

:o

Absolute disgrace, when they find this individual and the case is proved, then an example needs to be made of him.

Not only was a bus very badly damaged, but traffic chaos while the fire was attended to, fire brigade attendance costing thousands of pounds, police time.

To me a substanial prison sentence is required, plus he should be banned from every public transport vehicle in the country. Might sound harsh, but idiots like this need to appreciate that there behaviour will not be tolerated!!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Ronnoc

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on March 19, 2015, 08:43:44 PM
Absolute disgrace, when they find this individual and the case is proved, then an example needs to be made of him.

Not only was a bus very badly damaged, but traffic chaos while the fire was attended to, fire brigade attendance costing thousands of pounds, police time.

To me a substanial prison sentence is required, plus he should be banned from every public transport vehicle in the country. Might sound harsh, but idiots like this need to appreciate that there behaviour will not be tolerated!!
Absolutely true.

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on March 19, 2015, 08:43:44 PM

I'm with you on this, @stuharris6360. But what's the betting he's just going to have a £100 fine and 72hours of community payback service.

Back in my day... Well, actually back in my day I don't remember the youth being as dumb as this. The stupidest thing we did was play knock door run! Even then it was greeted back home by a thick ear from the old lady and smacked arse.

I'm not afraid to say it; this country makes me sick. Look at the shit its turning into.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Stuharris 6360

What worries me about that Enviro fire is the speed that the fire caught hold!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Stu

Abellio Trident destroyed by suspected engine fire in south London:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-31998937

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Ronnoc

Still the year of ALX's I believe. This cummins engine isn't really reliable in terms of fires. That's why you see a tonne of ALX400's in engine fires. The only Enviro 400's I've seen that have been involved in engine fires are the Dennis Tridents. They have the Cummins engine too. This is what to expect  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk