News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Bus Accidents/Incidents.

Started by P419 EJW, June 15, 2014, 11:53:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trident 4194

PM

Haha :P Ironically only the other day I was saying how that area can be pretty tight for cars...

iGo aren't so much involved in a bus war on Centro tenders with other operators but a civil war on themselves...

On another subject, what happened to the high spec solo sr's being allocated? They're putting vehicles of no higher quality than diamond provided... Shame on them, they got that route on a high spec contract as well!!!!!!

the trainbasher

Quote from: DiamondDart on January 17, 2015, 10:12:54 PM
Haha :P Ironically only the other day I was saying how that area can be pretty tight for cars...

iGo aren't so much involved in a bus war on Centro tenders with other operators but a civil war on themselves...

On another subject, what happened to the high spec solo sr's being allocated? They're putting vehicles of no higher quality than diamond provided... Shame on them, they got that route on a high spec contract as well!!!!!!

The 226 is on the board as the 19 so we get the SR solos on it (as well as the odd 39 branded e200)

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

PM

Quote from: the trainbasher on January 17, 2015, 10:18:27 PM
Quote from: DiamondDart on January 17, 2015, 10:12:54 PM

The 226 is on the board as the 19 so we get the SR solos on it (as well as the odd 39 branded e200)

But the 19 doesn't consistently see the SR's-some days there are 2 ordinary solos on there which aren't high spec vehicles...

Ronnoc

Igo and have wars with my sibling buses.

Liberator9

"Igo Solo driving on the 19" - Driver of Solo SR at start of day.

Later that day in Igo depot.....

"Better not anymore mate - think you need an instructor in the future." - Manager

Wouldn't call Optare Solo SRs high spec either with their reliability  :D

karl724223

trident4370

Igo and block the whole road up.

Liverpool Street

iGo and close the thread if it continues with the puns.

Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

andrew1991

Quote from: Liverpool Street on June 23, 2014, 04:30:51 PM
Quote from: lauren1993 on June 23, 2014, 12:05:47 AM
Quote from: the trainbasher on June 22, 2014, 03:38:18 PM
Personally I think all of these recent fires have been due to the current heat spell we're having!

No, if that was the case there would be no buses left in hot countries! Obviously the buses haven't been prepared properly for the hot weather!

That's total bollocks. They leave the garage every morning with a full tank of Coolant, if a hydraulic pipe burst and the fluid hit directly onto the engine/gearbox block, then you'd expect fires. Just as likely to happen in the coolness of November then in the heat of June.

So tell me, how do you "prepare" a bus for hot weather? Drive with the engine door open? Hmm....

Obviously you put a parasol on the roof and fill it up with pimms

Matt.N0056

2131 parked up on Lode Lane; looks as if a car tried overtaking as the bus pulled away from the bus stop and ended up in the side of it! Not a lot of damage though

Matt.N0056

4896 on Coventry Rd, sheldon Tesco with a smashed windscreen. Looks as if ambulance and maybe police in attendance.

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Matt.N0056 on January 24, 2015, 12:02:58 PM
4896 on Coventry Rd, sheldon Tesco with a smashed windscreen. Looks as if ambulance and maybe police in attendance.

Ouch. Sounds like it hit a pedestrian. Any further information?
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Trident 4194

I swear the 900 buses are cursed

Matt.N0056

Quote from: Liverpool Street on January 24, 2015, 01:50:54 PM

Ouch. Sounds like it hit a pedestrian. Any further information?

Nope, sorry. Was just passing on the 957, ambulance was just pulling away.
The windscreen was only smashed on the drivers side, bottom corner

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk