News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Bus Accidents/Incidents.

Started by P419 EJW, June 15, 2014, 11:53:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

notepanel

Not quite sure how big a 'bus' was involved, but this was tweeted by the Sandwell Response team on Twitter last night...

"Unbelievable ticket given to bus driver for due care after seen travelling at excess speed in Old hill. Then seen to overtake a car!!"

Liverpool Street

Quote from: notepanel on December 13, 2014, 11:29:24 AM
Not quite sure how big a 'bus' was involved, but this was tweeted by the Sandwell Response team on Twitter last night...

"Unbelievable ticket given to bus driver for due care after seen travelling at excess speed in Old hill. Then seen to overtake a car!!"

I bet that'll be a minibus private hire van thing.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Ronnoc

Are there any photos or news (for anyone thinking this is in the present, no, I mean any news pages that were made because of the incident) of 4312's fire?

4044:sadly involve in a RTC last nite on devonshire road smethwick around 630ish it appears the driver  tried to take avoiding action, i assume a vehicle pulled out from a side road, in doing so he struck a parked car on the other side, this road is narrow in places with double parking. Devonshire ROAD has many side roads people around there drive like NUTTERS, TREATING BUS DRIVERS WITH COMPLETE COMTEMPT. I myself have experienced many near misses on this road.
Damage to 4044 is as follows n/s skirt panels, dents on panel next to saloon doors, O/S DRIVER side corner, headlight panel, headlight, access panel under below cab window, some of the body frame work pushed in, panel below windscreen damaged as well. It all seems very repairable i wonder if they will or replace with 4079 from reserve who knows.

758:has moved from the front entrance finally hopefully to pvs

Tony

Quote from: 2900 on December 17, 2014, 10:38:27 AM
4044:sadly involve in a RTC last nite on devonshire road smethwick around 630ish it appears the driver  tried to take avoiding action, i assume a vehicle pulled out from a side road, in doing so he struck a parked car on the other side, this road is narrow in places with double parking. Devonshire ROAD has many side roads people around there drive like NUTTERS, TREATING BUS DRIVERS WITH COMPLETE COMTEMPT. I myself have experienced many near misses on this road.
Damage to 4044 is as follows n/s skirt panels, dents on panel next to saloon doors, O/S DRIVER side corner, headlight panel, headlight, access panel under below cab window, some of the body frame work pushed in, panel below windscreen damaged as well. It all seems very repairable i wonder if they will or replace with 4079 from reserve who knows.

758 is now at Carlyle for repairs

Carlyle do seem to be repairing most accidents in recent years or is it all garages full to the brim with work. A Number years back a heavily damaged 1699 came to west brom to be rebuilt it took about 6 months to do, it appeared to me engineers worked on it when the shop floor was quiet. it was an interesting rebuild every thing from the front wheels forwards rebuilt.

Ronnoc

Quote from: Tony on December 17, 2014, 10:56:47 AM
Quote from: 2900 on December 17, 2014, 10:38:27 AM

758 is now at Carlyle for repairs
Darn it!

the trainbasher

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Nathan on December 17, 2014, 09:32:18 PM
Quote from: Nathan on November 27, 2014, 07:35:02 PM
http://www.expressandstar.com/news/2014/11/27/raiders-escape-with-hundreds-of-pounds-after-targeting-wolverhampton-buses/

Late night buses are now having to have their cash vaults changed

Saw this in the paper tonight:
http://www.expressandstar.com/news/2014/12/17/police-launch-probe-after-latest-spate-of-thefts-from-wolverhampton-buses/

With what's happened before, i would have thought that Park Lane wouldn't leave buses with vaults with money in whilst not in service even if it is during the day! Surely it doesn't take much to change a vault.

As an aside, why must Express & Star keep using the really out of date photo?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

With all this tech fitted to buses these days there should be no need for cash really its time to move with the  times.
The number of these robberies quite alarming.

Tony

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Tony on December 18, 2014, 12:08:16 PM
Quote from: P419 EJW on December 18, 2014, 12:02:48 PM
A tree has fallen on a Trident on the Hagley Road.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/live-birmingham-west-midlands-breaking-8298987#live-now-8298973?ICID=FB-Birm-main

Looks like 4606 may need a visit to Carlyle

Carlyle are never short of work from NE lately, in a case like this, i wonder who will pay for the damage, the council?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk