News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Bus Accidents/Incidents.

Started by P419 EJW, June 15, 2014, 11:53:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

On the 140, quite a tricky road to drive down in the early morning sun, but no matter the conditions 4950 is a pretty big object to spot!

Anyway hope the driver and passengers are ok, I will repeat again that the old chap who does the WB 140 board is one of the absolute best drivers NXWM have

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: wilmotm (Matt Wilmot) on November 24, 2014, 10:37:56 PM
On the 140, quite a tricky road to drive down in the early morning sun, but no matter the conditions 4950 is a pretty big object to spot!

Anyway hope the driver and passengers are ok, I will repeat again that the old chap who does the WB 140 board is one of the absolute best drivers NXWM have

Here Here!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Tony

4950 is now at Carlyle
1918 is now at Walsall

dw1308

Heart felt condolences to the driver from YW my thoughts go to his family R.I.P

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on November 25, 2014, 01:27:11 PM
Quote from: wilmotm (Matt Wilmot) on November 24, 2014, 10:37:56 PM

Here Here!
He was out on the peak 241 as usual this morning so must be fine, this board seems to always be Enviro operated now

Stu

Quote from: Nathan on November 27, 2014, 07:35:02 PM
http://www.expressandstar.com/news/2014/11/27/raiders-escape-with-hundreds-of-pounds-after-targeting-wolverhampton-buses/

Late night buses are now having to have their cash vaults changed

Hundreds of pounds in small change! Police should be on lookout for suspicious-looking folk turning up at banks and post offices with huge bags of pound coins!
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tony

A Diamond bus has been involved in an RTC with a car in St Pauls Street in Walsall between the Bus Station and Tescos causing chaos and diversions

Westy

Quote from: Tony on November 28, 2014, 04:11:59 PM
A Diamond bus has been involved in an RTC with a car in St Pauls Street in Walsall between the Bus Station and Tescos causing chaos and diversions

Any ideas how i get a 301 or 302 to Bloxwich then?

Westy

Picking up in Stafford Street!

Other Walsall Tony

Also another RTC outside the Fire Station involving 2 cars isn't helping.  Total chaos around 1700-1730
Tony

notepanel

Quote from: Other Walsall Tony on November 28, 2014, 06:31:40 PM
Also another RTC outside the Fire Station involving 2 cars isn't helping.  Total chaos around 1700-1730

Some pictures, including some seemingly taken straight after the crash, are available here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/74108043@N06/

When I got to the bus station just after 1830 the situation seemed to be being dealt with, in my view, somewhat ridiculously.

The bus had been removed, and all that remained was the car, as shown in the last picture. As a result, everything using the middle-row of the bus station was unable to exit the bus station in one turn. There were three inspectors & a bus station supervisor stopping traffic whenever a bus was leaving from the middle-row, whilst the bus got as far round as it could and then reversed back to complete the manoeuvre.

As this was taking up all 4 supervising staff, most buses that were coming in (and were delayed) were required to park up and go wandering around trying to find the inspectors to ask how they should be adjusted etc.

Surely it would have been a lot easier (and safer) to just block off the middle-row, put a radio call out and move those services onto the 301/302 stops or Stands B & C (which have very few departures after that time). This would have required one person walking the middle row telling customers where to catch their bus, another perhaps standing at the end of the row to inform buses (although a radio call would have probably been sufficient) whilst the other inspectors could focus on meeting the incoming services and adjusting them etc.

When I arrived in the station there was a queue of 5 buses waiting to get out of the middle-row during this slow process, which in turn was blocking other buses entering the station, whilst the 301, 302, 529 row was completely empty. In addition, when one B10 left, it seemed to have thought he was in Drive, rather than reverse and nearly shot back into the 335 stand! 

I appreciate earlier on in the day that wouldn't have been as easy, but after 1800 when the number of buses reduce it should have been simple enough.

Tony

What a shame, car with illegal spaced registration, driving illegally past the bus station, tries to complete another illegal left turn and gets squashed by bus. Absolutely no sympathy for car driver at all, but do feel sorry for Diamond bus driver who has of paper work to complete and for Diamond who now have a decent bus of the road!

notepanel

Quote from: Tony on November 29, 2014, 12:38:45 PM
What a shame, car with illegal spaced registration, driving illegally past the bus station, tries to complete another illegal left turn and gets squashed by bus. Absolutely no sympathy for car driver at all, but do feel sorry for Diamond bus driver who has of paper work to complete and for Diamond who now have a decent bus of the road!

Aside from the fact he shouldn't have even been there - you do think what the hell was the car driver thinking! The bus appears to have been indicating, and the collision appears to have been at the rear of the bus, suggesting in my view the car has tried to undertake the bus once it was already turning, rather than the bus was letting a 29, 40 etc. out and then started turning and crushed the car which was passing in the mean time.

Tony

Quote from: notepanel on November 29, 2014, 12:48:12 PM
Quote from: Tony on November 29, 2014, 12:38:45 PM

Aside from the fact he shouldn't have even been there - you do think what the hell was the car driver thinking! The bus appears to have been indicating, and the collision appears to have been at the rear of the bus, suggesting in my view the car has tried to undertake the bus once it was already turning, rather than the bus was letting a 29, 40 etc. out and then started turning and crushed the car which was passing in the mean time.

I witnessed, and have photos somewhere of an identical incident about 8 years ago involving a TWM Metrobus. A private hire driver that time and the vehicle behind him was a plain cloths Police officer. The PH driver claimed the bus wasn't indicating and various other reasons why he wasn't in the wrong to this PC. The PC then gave him a fixed penalty ticket for various offences!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk