News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Bus Accidents/Incidents.

Started by P419 EJW, June 15, 2014, 11:53:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

Crash in Sparkhill this afternoon by junction of Stratford Road and Formans Road, driver suspected to have had heart-attack or fit at the wheel:
http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/sparkhill-crash-witnesses-describe-watching-8160129

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

P419 EJW

Quote from: Stu on November 23, 2014, 04:25:22 PM
Crash in Sparkhill this afternoon by junction of Stratford Road and Formans Road, driver suspected to have had heart-attack or fit at the wheel:
http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/sparkhill-crash-witnesses-describe-watching-8160129

Beat me to it haha. Shocked when I was reading this... The bus is YW 1918. A first Scania bus crash?

Westy

Couple of observations.

At least the body of the vehicle dosen't appear to be a complete write off, so depending on other issues, it could return to service after repairs.

If it does return to service, would it keep it's original number, or be renumbered & maybe moved elsewhere, like the Enviro involved in the Hagley Road incident?

Ronnoc

Looks like it's heading to the C ending with an e!

James4368

Quote from: P419 EJW on November 23, 2014, 05:07:49 PM
Quote from: Stu on November 23, 2014, 04:25:22 PM

Beat me to it haha. Shocked when I was reading this... The bus is YW 1918. A first Scania bus crash?
reports confirmed bus driver of 1918 has died in hospital
R.I.P thoughts to the family
Local Bus Routes
58 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
60 - Birmingham - Cranes Park
99 - Lea Village - Acocks Green
S16 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
X1 - Birmingham - Coventry
X2 - Birmingham - Solihull

trident4370

Such a tragic thing to happen. My thoughts go out to his family and colleagues. 

Liberator9

Tragic story to hear - my thoughts and prayers go to his friends and family. Rest in peace. Must be difficult for those who knew him at the garage as well. Very sad to read this story this evening.

Repairs depend on the cost of re building the front end, and the fact that whether it is suitable to be re-introducing a bus where a NX colleague to YW staff has passed away on. If it did come back, wonder if they would be renumber (like to 1908), as they did with 4816 to 4799.

Ronnoc

I practically feel how sad the family may be, my sincere prayers towards his friends and family. RIP!

Ashley

R.I.P to the driver. Thoughts go out to friends, family and colleagues.

Rob H

R.I.P My thoughts and prayers go out to his family, friends and colleagues.
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

mranon

heartfelt condolences to the driver's family in this difficult time.

as for the bus, it dont look too bad. however i could understand if it got re-allocated as i personally wouldnt want to drive a vehicle a friend/family/or colleague sadly passed away whilst at the wheel.

old50niner

Very sad when this happens. My thoughts go out to Family and Colleagues at this distressing time.

uniquicity

1884 I think was parked up with an ambulance in attendance on Churchbridge earlier. Bus looked intact. Guess someone got taken ill

Ossie

4950 was being towed by Mansfields past WB bus station about midday today, heading towards the garage.  Looked like it had been rear-ended, but not seriously so.

uniquicity

Quote from: Ossie on November 24, 2014, 02:41:17 PM
4950 was being towed by Mansfields past WB bus station about midday today, heading towards the garage.  Looked like it had been rear-ended, but not seriously so.

https://twitter.com/SWresponse/status/536812991002722305

Would have been on the 140 board judging by the location?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk