News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Diamond West Midlands - Redditch

Started by jc, June 06, 2014, 10:08:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liberator9

Would love them to replace the Optares on the Signatures - sheds of buses half of them.

winston

Quote from: Cedric on October 15, 2015, 07:14:01 PM
are these  replacements  for none DDA  vehicles

@Cedric - no, DDA on full size single deckers comes in to effect 1st Jan 2016 i.e. before the bulk of the order will have arrived

Ashley 60171

Streetlites on the 142 and 226 ;)

jc

Former First WaleS and Hallmark branded Caetano Levante present at Redditch depot this morning

B61 ANDREW

BN09FWS has caught fire in Redditch this afternoon, report and pictures on BBC Radio Hereford and Worcester web site. No one hurt it seems as bus was empty at the time.

John

Quote from: B61 ANDREW on November 18, 2015, 04:48:53 PM
BN09FWS has caught fire in Redditch this afternoon, report and pictures on BBC Radio Hereford and Worcester web site. No one hurt it seems as bus was empty at the time.

http://www.ledburyreporter.co.uk/news/regional/14040284.Flames_engulf_bus_at_Tudor_Grange_Academy_in_Redditch/

Tony

Quote from: B61 ANDREW on November 18, 2015, 04:48:53 PM

http://www.ledburyreporter.co.uk/news/regional/14040284.Flames_engulf_bus_at_Tudor_Grange_Academy_in_Redditch/

winston

Tony

Quote from: Winston on November 18, 2015, 04:57:50 PM
Looks like an arson attack, as fire is in rear passenger compartment

I think those flames are actually coming out the top of the engine cover, there are also two smaller flames coming out the right hand side of the engine cover

winston

Quote from: Tony on November 18, 2015, 05:01:49 PM
I think those flames are actually coming out the top of the engine cover, there are also two smaller flames coming out the right hand side of the engine cover

I saw those, but I read it are fire dropping out the back window. It does say the bus had only just pulled up at school empty. So you may well be right.

Here it is earlier in it's career, and there is a vent to the engine compartment underneath the rear window, which you can't see in the photo's:
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0b/Mercedes-Benz_Citaro_demonstrator_BN09_FWS_rear.JPG

Being a Citaro down will screw things up on Signature routes

winston

Will

Stourbridge   125

jc

30134 - 1915 26 from Redditch

MFY - 48 Redditch Local

One of the V-TVV Darts from Kiddy on Redditch 55

j789

Quote from: Will on November 20, 2015, 07:22:48 PM
I assume everybody has seen this?

http://www.redditchstandard.co.uk/news/redditch-county-councillor-demands-diamond-bus-bosses-hauled-county-hall-16331/

And to think the way people use to complain about First's lack of investment. First are far from perfect themselves, I know working for them, but compared to the mess Diamond seem to have created would no doubt be welcomed back with open arms. I think a big opportunity lies there for NXWM to move in to Redditch, think they would soon see Diamond off. It should be a town where profit csan be made but the last few years by both current and previous operators have prevented this. NXWM could turn it around.

Reece

Quote from: j789 on November 20, 2015, 09:34:32 PM
And to think the way people use to complain about First's lack of investment. First are far from perfect themselves, I know working for them, but compared to the mess Diamond seem to have created would no doubt be welcomed back with open arms. I think a big opportunity lies there for NXWM to move in to Redditch, think they would soon see Diamond off. It should be a town where profit csan be made but the last few years by both current and previous operators have prevented this. NXWM could turn it around.
Forget NXWM this is a Stagecoach job they have the resources and buses spare for this with there depot in Statford on Avon they could turn it round and make Redditch a nice little earner without even having a depot in the town at first.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk