News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Stagecoach in Coventry & Warwickshire

Started by Valandil, April 04, 2014, 11:38:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Bevan

Looks like Leamington will be the next depot to receive the 272** Enviro 300's from Scotland, with 27214 and 27215 being seen at the depot today (27214 being on the 77's earlier).

37046 and 37047 have transferred to Kettering.

Coventrybususer95

Looks like the u2 will be cancelled from the 23rd of September 

All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

Justin Tyme

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on August 13, 2023, 10:00:51 PMLooks like the u2 will be cancelled from the 23rd of September

Section 3.3 of the same issue of N&P indicates that registration PD0000479/337, which currently is for the U1, will also include the U2 from 23 September.

Coventrybususer95

I see that stagecoach will be on strike from the Tuesday, September 5 let's hope it's just a temporary thing and that it won't last to long 
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

Rachvince53

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on August 17, 2023, 12:57:22 PMI see that stagecoach will be on strike from the Tuesday, September 5 let's hope it's just a temporary thing and that it won't last to long
The offer that has been offered was 7.8% for the first year and 4.5% plus a £100 bonus for the second.

Negotiations are apparently continuing so let's hope an agreement can be reached quickly. 

Stu

Quote from: ellspurs on July 20, 2023, 04:56:11 PMThe B4102 going over the m42 has been reopened for a few weeks now. I don't know if there's any plans to revert the route of the 82 to going directly down this road as before (when Johnsons were running it as the x20). The diversion had the added benefit of providing Eastcote with a regular bus route for the first time in a while. I'm not sure of any passenger numbers coming from there, as I don't recall there being any displayed bus stops when I last went down there.
From Saturday 2nd September, it looks like the 82 reverts back to the old route direct along the B4102, no longer serving Eastcote. It would seem that this temporary diversion didn't attract much interest or demand from residents in Eastcote, otherwise TfWM may have considered making this routing permanent.

On the plus side, it looks like this change means the 82 will be able to call at Parkhill Drive again, as that stop is now added back to the timetable.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

JPC

Quote from: Stu on August 20, 2023, 07:25:57 PMFrom Saturday 2nd September, it looks like the 82 reverts back to the old route direct along the B4102, no longer serving Eastcote. It would seem that this temporary diversion didn't attract much interest or demand from residents in Eastcote, otherwise TfWM may have considered making this routing permanent.

On the plus side, it looks like this change means the 82 will be able to call at Parkhill Drive again, as that stop is now added back to the timetable.

Pity it wasn't changed to run both ways along Pickford Green Lane and Upper Eastern Green Lane to Parkhill Drive, would have been good timing offsetting the recently reduced frequency along part of the NXC 14 route generating more links/passengers, that said the new NXC 41 could soon be going this way plus there may be an ultimate plan for the 82 (and X1) to serve the proposed new housing estates.

Justin Tyme

Quote from: Stu on August 20, 2023, 07:25:57 PMFrom Saturday 2nd September, it looks like the 82 reverts back to the old route direct along the B4102, no longer serving Eastcote. It would seem that this temporary diversion didn't attract much interest or demand from residents in Eastcote, otherwise TfWM may have considered making this routing permanent.

Interesting.  Stagecoach have announced a timetable change but not the route changes (which I see are on the TfWM online timetable).  No bus stops have been installed at Eastcote so it is not surprising that the 82 - and the X20 before it - have not been successful there.

Stu

Quote from: Justin Tyme on August 20, 2023, 08:46:25 PMInteresting.  Stagecoach have announced a timetable change but not the route changes (which I see are on the TfWM online timetable).  No bus stops have been installed at Eastcote so it is not surprising that the 82 - and the X20 before it - have not been successful there.

I have since been informed that the 82 won't be changing route, and that the details shown on TfWM website are incorrect.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

ellspurs

Quote from: JPC on August 20, 2023, 08:35:10 PMPity it wasn't changed to run both ways along Pickford Green Lane and Upper Eastern Green Lane to Parkhill Drive, would have been good timing offsetting the recently reduced frequency along part of the NXC 14 route generating more links/passengers, that said the new NXC 41 could soon be going this way plus there may be an ultimate plan for the 82 (and X1) to serve the proposed new housing estates.
The residents of Pickford Green Lane have been quite vocal about how "dangerous" the road is for large vehicles, so I don't think they'll be too happy about that.

Quote from: Justin Tyme on August 20, 2023, 08:46:25 PMInteresting.  Stagecoach have announced a timetable change but not the route changes (which I see are on the TfWM online timetable).  No bus stops have been installed at Eastcote so it is not surprising that the 82 - and the X20 before it - have not been successful there.
TfWM being awesome again!

Coventrybususer95

Just seen a post that Nuneaton will be getting 3 E400 mmcs from Northampton for use on the 60 during school times

JPC

TfWM says there is an amendment to the 703 service which is part of the '60 contract' ...

QuoteService 703 : From 3rd September 2023, during school days one morning and one afternoon journey will operate to/from Sewall Highway via Courthouse Green and Foleshill.
There are minor timetable changes and peak journeys will no longer serve Cross Point Business Park.  It is recommended that passengers alight at Wigston Road, where interchange is available onto National Express Coventry service 8 or make the short walk to Cross Point.

Coventrybususer95

Secondary trigger 28

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on September 01, 2023, 02:59:25 PMTimetables for the upcoming strikes have been published

https://www.stagecoachbus.com/service-updates/serviceupdatesarticle?SituationId=ID-31/08/2023-11:20:50:391#
There is still a few days so maybe stagecoach  can come back with a new offer.  I guess judging by  national express  getting 16 percent pay rise they want something  In the  region of that.

j789

Still providing (or at least hoping to!) a decent service on many routes in the daytime, obviously must have a fair few non-union drivers there.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk