News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Stagecoach in Coventry & Warwickshire

Started by Valandil, April 04, 2014, 11:38:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikestone

Demolition of Leamington garage under way.

YN64AOG

Just re-done my website.  Check it out to see all my photos.  Updated almost every day!

DeanM66A

Quote from: YN63 BYJ on May 13, 2017, 04:51:42 PM
18128 is at Northampton
Thanks for that.
But, do any of the experts out there know what's happened to 19129?  I've not seen it and I've not heard anything about it since it was transferred to Rugby (reserve), nor found any photos posted.
Meanwhile, 19108 which came, allegedly, at the same time continues to grind away at Kettering.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/69947186@N08/34278896025/in/dateposted/

D10

PD0000479/260 MIDLAND RED (SOUTH) LTD, MAIN ROAD, FAR COTTON,
NORTHAMPTON, NN4 8ES
Operating between Cubbington and Edge Hill Upton House given service number
L67A / 67A / 67B effective from 11 June 2017. To amend Timetable.

Operating to Upton House (the NT property)?

Is this a new extension of the 67 group, or a legacy of some past operation there. I have to say I can't remember it going there before. Presumably a Sunday and Bank Holiday operation.

Justin Tyme

This will indeed be a new extension, and I agree that it presumably will run on Sundays and Bank Hols only (which is what 67A/B currently do).

Catteralls Coaches ran a Summer Sunday "Heritage Hopper" between Leamington and Banbury between 2004 and 2006, running via the Motor Heritage Centre and Upton House.  No other services have done so since on Sundays.

Johnsons tried a direct X7 Stratford - Banbury via the main road 6 days a week, with a stop outside Upton House, but this was reduced to peak hours only (mainly for schools traffic) in April.

Ally

36168 is back on the road and has been repainted and no longer carries 48 branding - I knew I wasn't imagining it a few nights ago!
~ Alistair (A.K.A. Ally)
~ Originally from Bedworth, Warwickshire. Now residing in Bristol
~ CSA at National Express, Bristol
~ https://www.facebook.com/alistair.transportchat

YN64AOG

Quote from: Ally on May 31, 2017, 05:15:54 PM
36168 is back on the road and has been repainted and no longer carries 48 branding - I knew I wasn't imagining it a few nights ago!

I think that's the first 48 to be unbranded.

Just re-done my website.  Check it out to see all my photos.  Updated almost every day!

Ally

Quote from: YN63 BYJ on May 31, 2017, 06:19:12 PM
I think that's the first 48 to be unbranded.
It is so far, it's just come back from yet another accident (it seems to be very accident prone that one).
I mistook it for 36207 a few nights back as they look very similar from a distance now, it's only when I realised it didn't have large fleetnumbers inside that it wasn't 36207 but I forgot to check what it was before I got off
~ Alistair (A.K.A. Ally)

bensweeney14

Quote from: Ally on May 31, 2017, 08:43:24 PM
It is so far, it's just come back from yet another accident (it seems to be very accident prone that one).
I mistook it for 36207 a few nights back as they look very similar from a distance now, it's only when I realised it didn't have large fleetnumbers inside that it wasn't 36207 but I forgot to check what it was before I got off

Had it on the 48 today, its terrible! Very very slow (36172 slow) pulling off, but is alright when it gets going
Regards, Ben.
My Transport Photos: https://www.flickr.com/photos/92414404@N08/

YN64AOG

Quote from: Ally on May 31, 2017, 08:43:24 PM

I think all repainted Stagecoaches will get the small fleetnumbers.  At Northampton, 15453 and 39699 both have small fleetnumbers and a small change to the livery.  I think it's the shape of things to come.

Ally

Quote from: YN63 BYJ on June 01, 2017, 08:18:07 AM
I think all repainted Stagecoaches will get the small fleetnumbers.  At Northampton, 15453 and 39699 both have small fleetnumbers and a small change to the livery.  I think it's the shape of things to come.

Nuneaton's have always had the small ones and even buses like 39692/93 that arrived with large ones had them changed to smaller ones externally, it's only interiors that retain them, as with 36207/208. 36207 still retains its large numbers inside which is why I thought either I wasn't on 36207 (which was the case) or that they had randomly changed the numbers.
I don't see any more of the 48's being repainted out of branding just yet, but I will keep an eye on things, especially to see if anything turns up at Chesterfield which is where they do all the repaints now.
~ Alistair (A.K.A. Ally)

YN64AOG

Northampton Route 1 will now go to Wooton Fields every half hour.  Buses between Rectory Farm and Town Centre now run every 10 mins and between Rectory Farm and Wooton Fields every 30 mins.
Expect new buses to be bought for this route in 2018.

Tony

Expected to experience Stagecoach Gold for the first time today going to Wellingborough to pick4845 up from Cummins. Get to Northampton to catch the X4.  Now sat on an 11 year old Trident and charged more for a single journey than the cost of unlimited travel for the rest of the day in the West Midlands

PM

Quote from: Tony on June 08, 2017, 11:31:41 AM
Expected to experience Stagecoach Gold for the first time today going to Wellingborough to pick4845 up from Cummins. Get to Northampton to catch the X4.  Now sat on an 11 year old strident and charged more for a single journey than the cost of unlimited travel for the rest of the day in the West Midlands

Indeed... I reckon the West Midlands has pretty much the most competitive bus fares of anywhere in the country!

Ally

Quote from: Tony on June 08, 2017, 11:31:41 AM
Expected to experience Stagecoach Gold for the first time today going to Wellingborough to pick4845 up from Cummins. Get to Northampton to catch the X4.  Now sat on an 11 year old strident and charged more for a single journey than the cost of unlimited travel for the rest of the day in the West Midlands
Same story in Warwickshire too! A good example is Bedworth to Coventry, £2.10 on the NX 20 and SC 48, but £2.65 on the SC 55/56/57, exactly the same starting point and destination...
~ Alistair (A.K.A. Ally)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk