News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Friargate Project - Ring Road J6

Started by JPC, February 17, 2014, 06:02:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JPC

NXC say they are currently finalising service changes (diversions) due to the long term roadworks for the Friargate project around Coventry Ring Road J6 and Warwick Road.  Expect this could be occuring as soon as 9th March as Vosa is showing a short notice route change for Johnsons bus services 539 and 580 from that date.
Buses (and taxis) will soon be able to leave Cov Rail Station and access Junction 5 via a new gate currently under construction at the (dead) end of Park Road.

JPC

A couple of Coventry service revisions on VOSA today to commence 23rd March, the closure of most of Ring Road Junction 6 roundabout is due to start 22nd March for 53 weeks:

1 route and timetable
4 timetable
8/8A/9/9A timetable (does not say route change but expect it will)
10 timetable
18/18A/19 - route and timetable (only the 18A is expected to change route, and this one is incorrectly dated 3rd Mar)

Diamond X30 - route amended

If you've seen the additional X30 route amendment commencing 9th March - This is a new variant service X31, which effectively is certain X30 journeys re-numbered and re-routed via Dorchester Way, timetable is on NWM/TravelineWM websites.

Valandil

Quote from: JPC on March 03, 2014, 08:44:07 PMDiamond X30 - route amended

If you've seen the additional X30 route amendment commencing 9th March - This is a new variant service X31, which effectively is certain X30 journeys re-numbered and re-routed via Dorchester Way, timetable is on NWM/TravelineWM websites.

That's interesting with the X30/X31, though NWM has the date of the amendment as 17th February.
There was quite a bit of slack in the X30, and I guess that if any of the runs were to be made more convoluted, it should be the 'half past the hour' ones.
But this is quite some diversion!
The map on http://tinyurl.com/oqfnvra looks extremely strange!

JPC

Quote from: Valandil on March 04, 2014, 07:41:47 AM

That's interesting with the X30/X31, though NWM has the date of the amendment as 17th February.
There was quite a bit of slack in the X30, and I guess that if any of the runs were to be made more convoluted, it should be the 'half past the hour' ones.
But this is quite some diversion!
The map on http://tinyurl.com/oqfnvra looks extremely strange!

Yeah, they have loaded the wrong bus stops to the X31 route, the two stops near Ernesford Grange school are meant to be the two near Pearl Hyde school.

Services 4 and 10 isn't expected to be affected by Friargate so I suspect the timetable change on those is due to conflict/clash at Pool Meadow stand T.

JoNi

Kerbs installed for bus/taxi gate onto Quinton Road from Park Road. The central reservation has been removed from bottom of Quinton Road.

Beano2211

Quote from: JPC on February 17, 2014, 06:02:47 PM
NXC say they are currently finalising service changes (diversions) due to the long term roadworks for the Friargate project around Coventry Ring Road J6 and Warwick Road.  Expect this could be occuring as soon as 9th March as Vosa is showing a short notice route change for Johnsons bus services 539 and 580 from that date.
Buses (and taxis) will soon be able to leave Cov Rail Station and access Junction 5 via a new gate currently under construction at the (dead) end of Park Road.

11 & 12 are having the route changed and will not serve Spencer Rd and Belvedere Rd.

Valandil

Quote from: Beano2211 on March 06, 2014, 12:26:13 AM11 & 12 are having the route changed and will not serve Spencer Rd and Belvedere Rd.

Thanks for this: do you know if the 1 will be amended so that it *does* serve those roads?

paulb1973

Quote from: Beano2211 on March 06, 2014, 12:26:13 AM

11 & 12 are having the route changed and will not serve Spencer Rd and Belvedere Rd.

Will that mean a more major route change for the 11/12 - e.g. going via The Butts, Albany Road and then return to its current route by the Library? Or will it remain using Warwick Road and make use of Kenilworth Road instead of the two roads mentioned above? (I'm not sure what the access will be like during the works). It does mean a fairly substantial reduction in frequency along Belvedere Rd and Spencer Rd though.

JPC

Quote from: JoNi on March 05, 2014, 09:59:55 PM
Kerbs installed for bus/taxi gate onto Quinton Road from Park Road. The central reservation has been removed from bottom of Quinton Road.

Being replaced with a longer splitter island, ultimately preventing right turns out of or in to the new bus gate, either manoeuvre would be very hazardous for any vehicle.

Beano2211

Quote from: paulb1973 on March 06, 2014, 01:31:40 PM
Quote from: Beano2211 on March 06, 2014, 12:26:13 AM

Will that mean a more major route change for the 11/12 - e.g. going via The Butts, Albany Road and then return to its current route by the Library? Or will it remain using Warwick Road and make use of Kenilworth Road instead of the two roads mentioned above? (I'm not sure what the access will be like during the works). It does mean a fairly substantial reduction in frequency along Belvedere Rd and Spencer Rd though.
It will use Warwick Rd, Kenilworth Rd and Earlsdon Ave South, don't know if the 1 will replace it though.

Valandil

Quote from: Beano2211 on March 06, 2014, 11:16:12 PMIt will use Warwick Rd, Kenilworth Rd and Earlsdon Ave South, don't know if the 1 will replace it though.

I can't help wondering whether this would also make a stronger case for putting the bendis on that route ...

paulb1973

Quote from: Valandil on March 07, 2014, 08:14:50 AM
Quote from: Beano2211 on March 06, 2014, 11:16:12 PMIt will use Warwick Rd, Kenilworth Rd and Earlsdon Ave South, don't know if the 1 will replace it though.

I can't help wondering whether this would also make a stronger case for putting the bendis on that route ...

I guess the useful University of Warwick to Rail Station link remains then, handy for students. I presume the new bus-gate at the [new] junction of Park Rd and Quinton Rd only really benefits the 8/8A/9/9A group of services - from a NXC perspective.

If the 1 isn't diverted along Belvedere & Spencer Road's to cover the 11/12 then they will be un-served, so I would assume some cover will be provided - the old service 1 used to go that way in the past.

Beano2211

Quote from: paulb1973 on March 07, 2014, 04:39:48 PM
Quote from: Valandil on March 07, 2014, 08:14:50 AM

I guess the useful University of Warwick to Rail Station link remains then, handy for students. I presume the new bus-gate at the [new] junction of Park Rd and Quinton Rd only really benefits the 8/8A/9/9A group of services - from a NXC perspective.

If the 1 isn't diverted along Belvedere & Spencer Road's to cover the 11/12 then they will be un-served, so I would assume some cover will be provided - the old service 1 used to go that way in the past.
It seems that NXC have changed this plan and the 11/12 will continue to use Belvedere Rd.

JPC

NWM bus service changes for 23rd March is now available click here.
Indeed suggests the 11/12 continues to serve Belvedere Rd to Spencer Rd.
The 18A is to run via Butts, Albany Road and Earlsdon Ave South.
And hinted on NXC's facebook page: the 8/8A/9/9A will run via New Union St [and Greyfriars Rd] in both directions.

JoNi

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk