News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Arriva Leicester

Started by Tony, January 28, 2014, 08:07:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoNi

Quote from: Bob on August 25, 2020, 02:53:29 PM
180 pounds a month is extortionate! 61 quid for the whole nxwm area
Thats easy bit have you every tried to use the Arriva website to find what the Leicester plus area actually covers. All I could find was a greyed in area which looked like a passing rain shower!

Kevin

Quote from: JoNi on August 25, 2020, 05:25:03 PM
Thats easy bit have you every tried to use the Arriva website to find what the Leicester plus area actually covers. All I could find was a greyed in area which looked like a passing rain shower!

Actually the most recent map from the same page as the new X6 has a much better map
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

JoNi

Quote from: Kevin on August 25, 2020, 06:00:23 PM
Actually the most recent map from the same page as the new X6 has a much better map
Thanks very much I found it by selecting location Leicester and have downloaded a file named 13953_107927649 rather than Leicester main routes!

LazyGuy222

According to bustimes.org, 4545 is back at Wigston.
Does anyone know whether this is actually correct or not?

xmj-signal

The "good" maps are downloadable from the 'Bus Travel in Leicester' page:

https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/midlands/bus-travel-in-leicester

However, it's disappointing that the local map (zone 1/zone 2) is still the February 2019 version, showing U1, U2 and U3.

On the new Covid-19 page, there's only a service summary and there doesn't seem to be a link to download the simple timetables which were there (I'm glad I saved them the other day!) The timetables downloadable from the 'Bus Travel in Leicester' page seem to be the 'all stops' versions which are far too detailed as something to print out and carry and are anything but user-friendly.

Taking the timetable for the 86 as an example, the early morning buses (before about 0830) are at the end of the timetable, so at first sight it looks like the first bus from Eyres Monsell isn't until 0855. I think it's because, from 0855, Monday to Saturday times are the same so then the early times for Monday to Friday and Saturday are listed later.

Arriva - they don't disappoint do they? - you can always count on them to get it wrong!

Mike T.

CL

Quote from: LazyGuy222 on August 25, 2020, 07:33:42 PM
While I suppose a lot can happen in five days; I caught a photo of it in Burton only last Thursday!

https://flic.kr/p/2jzKesx
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Bob

Are Arriva still running the 29 to Burton or is it still curtailed to Swad? Bustimes has it down as burton but ive not seen one there in ages

leicesterbusadventurer

Quote from: Bob on August 25, 2020, 10:09:54 PM
Are Arriva still running the 29 to Burton or is it still curtailed to Swad? Bustimes has it down as burton but ive not seen one there in ages
Still curtailed. I honestly don't see why they can't just revert that back to normal like everything else is. The 84's back going to Lutterworth, and even the X84 went back to the full route to Rugby a while before the frequencies were back to normal.

And speaking of the 29, it seems they've finally secured a full double-deck network now they've acquired Wigston's spare MMCs. As for the Pulsars, they seem to be primarily allocated to the X3, with the rest on the 44/44A/49 circuit when they transfer. Personally, I think they need to get the remaining MMCs debranded and repainted as quickly as possible and have the Pulsars just running alongside them on their routes.

leepenfold30

2947 2948 2956 2979 at Wigston

JoNi

Quote from: xmj-signal on August 25, 2020, 08:32:08 PM
The "good" maps are downloadable from the 'Bus Travel in Leicester' page:

https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/midlands/bus-travel-in-leicester

However, it's disappointing that the local map (zone 1/zone 2) is still the February 2019 version, showing U1, U2 and U3.

On the new Covid-19 page, there's only a service summary and there doesn't seem to be a link to download the simple timetables which were there (I'm glad I saved them the other day!) The timetables downloadable from the 'Bus Travel in Leicester' page seem to be the 'all stops' versions which are far too detailed as something to print out and carry and are anything but user-friendly.

Taking the timetable for the 86 as an example, the early morning buses (before about 0830) are at the end of the timetable, so at first sight it looks like the first bus from Eyres Monsell isn't until 0855. I think it's because, from 0855, Monday to Saturday times are the same so then the early times for Monday to Friday and Saturday are listed later.

Arriva - they don't disappoint do they? - you can always count on them to get it wrong!

Mike T.

I'm seemingly not only person who has struggled with Arrivas new website having been placed under the discerning eye of busand trainuser.

https://busandtrainuser.com/2020/08/26/arrivas-new-website-a-brutal-review/

I'm sure he will be as disenchanted with the National Express Coventry website when he finds the new 9/A timetable actually links to the Keresley 16 if he requires times to ride on the new electric buses in the city next week!

AlexS

Quote from: leicesterbusadventurer on August 25, 2020, 10:30:41 PM
Still curtailed. I honestly don't see why they can't just revert that back to normal like everything else is. The 84's back going to Lutterworth, and even the X84 went back to the full route to Rugby a while before the frequencies were back to normal.

And speaking of the 29, it seems they've finally secured a full double-deck network now they've acquired Wigston's spare MMCs. As for the Pulsars, they seem to be primarily allocated to the X3, with the rest on the 44/44A/49 circuit when they transfer. Personally, I think they need to get the remaining MMCs debranded and repainted as quickly as possible and have the Pulsars just running alongside them on their routes.
No point in debranding the MMCs on the 50/51 as the route needs Deckers on every board and would regularly be leaving people behind if it didn't have them, and the 84/85 has very few boards that can get away with single deck vehicles. Realistically unless Wigston return to a much greater number of deckers the X3 will have to remain operated by single floor vehicles as it and the 86/87 circuit are the only routes at the depot that can largely get away with them on all boards and the 44/44A/49 circuit and 31/31A circuit will also have to see smaller buses on the less used boards, even if this will mean small numbers having to wait for the following bus on the 31.
The X84 has been operated its full route for the whole of lockdown, largely because of its use by employees at Magna park who have worked throughout and will again see large increases in traffic in the next few days as schools and colleges begin to go back for most pupils (in both directions heading to Lutterworth as well as those travelling to city colleges) and will probably need to return to bigger bus operation than what is on it today.

xmj-signal

Quote from: LazyGuy222 on August 25, 2020, 07:33:42 PM

I have viewed 4545 working on routes 84/85 today so it is definitely back at Wigston.

Mike T.

xmj-signal

Quote from: AlexS on August 26, 2020, 05:56:50 PM
... Realistically unless Wigston return to a much greater number of deckers the X3 will have to remain operated by single floor vehicles as it and the 86/87 circuit are the only routes at the depot that can largely get away with them on all boards and the 44/44A/49 circuit and 31/31A circuit will also have to see smaller buses on the less used boards, even if this will mean small numbers having to wait for the following bus on the 31. ...

I came home today on 2948 on 1420 87 to Eyres Monsell - this bus has a capacity of 17 people. We reached that 17 when someone boarded at the Prison so we left an elderly gentleman (and his shopping) standing at the bus stop at Morrisons. As we were following an 85, I think it's fair to assume he needed the Eyres Monsell estate, hopefully the 88 would suit him.

If the capacity limits remain, there's not a lot of space for an increase in passengers, even on routes like the 86 and 87.

Mike T.

xmj-signal

Quote from: leepenfold30 on August 26, 2020, 07:43:45 AM
2947 2948 2956 2979 at Wigston

Yep, I saw 2956 working on 86/87, complete with route-branding for 58/58A.

It's a shame they didn't have any other Versas at Thurmaston, without route branding, which they could have transferred.

Oh, wait a minute...

Mike T.

leicesterbusadventurer

Quote from: xmj-signal on August 26, 2020, 08:41:35 PM
I came home today on 2948 on 1420 87 to Eyres Monsell - this bus has a capacity of 17 people. We reached that 17 when someone boarded at the Prison so we left an elderly gentleman (and his shopping) standing at the bus stop at Morrisons. As we were following an 85, I think it's fair to assume he needed the Eyres Monsell estate, hopefully the 88 would suit him.

If the capacity limits remain, there's not a lot of space for an increase in passengers, even on routes like the 86 and 87.

Mike T.
The 86 and 87 have been diabolical in recent years, and if they'd have just transferred the rest of the Pulsars (3773, 3775, 3777 and 3778), they'd be perfect for them. Optares have been on the service for 2 years now and they still can't see that they don't work. Streetlites can just about get away with it, but the best singles for them that they had before the Pulsars arrived were the E200s. Oh wait, but they're always in Nuneaton, and if not that, they'll be on the 44/44A/49 or the X84.

It's a pity they had to get rid of the Cadets last year as they worked perfectly as well.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk