News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

driver uniforms at wednesfield

Started by bwsau cymru, April 23, 2013, 05:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bwsau cymru

Ok I have been very positive about arriva's takeover of midland and praise them about there operations. So here is a critisim. I really think that drivers at wednesfield should of now been given arriva uniforms, I can understand buses not being done up straight away if they are going to he replaced but driver appearence should be a must. Saw a driver on the 9 just in a casual shirt and jeans and arriva should sort it out as it could damage there image. What are others views
campaigning for better transport for all

fleetline6477

Whilst Midland has a Uniform I don't think the plicy has ever been enforced that strictly. There have been some new drivers start recently and uniforms are not always ready straight away. A driver (possibly the same one) was on the 9 two weeks ago in a T shirt and jeans with a regular 9 driver on the platform obviously route training in the morning and then on the 334 with a different regular driver on the platform.

Midland have has a Sikh driver wearing a pink turban with an orange jacket and pink shirt / tie on the 610 recently, not in uniform but smart and rather bright!

They may be hanging on a short while to see if some drivers jump ship as it were.

Bob

I can see Wednesfield being a dumping ground for old MPD darts plus the least knackered and still servicable ex Midland examples ( assuming there are more than a couple that is)

Dylan4579

it alerady is.I think that 95% of diamond's darts are better

SMK

Quote from: bob on April 23, 2013, 06:34:06 PM
I can see Wednesfield being a dumping ground for old MPD darts
Lol my mom would agree with you.
She's noticed that the 545/82 now regularly has, in her own words, "ancient buses" instead of the E200s.
I'm guessing she was referring to the ex-Wigston MPDs.
Now she doesn't bother to use either route.  ;D
We'll get rid of your bus to Wolves and replace it with one to Walsall instead.......... Oh the joy of a Network Review. -_-

arrivaaston

Some of the regular drivers on 62/23 have smart uniforms but today driver on the 334 think he was polish was in casual clothes

I agree about the uniforms if some drivers have to wear it all drivers should. I'm not up on the Arriva rules but also it seams unfair that ex Midland drivers do not 'SEAM' to have to apply the rules set for current arriva drivers....I wont state them but...

1).....
2)........
3).......
4).......
5)......

Etc Etc

Sorry Ex midland drivers no harm ment..... :)
Enviro 200 Rebels......Venturing Out Into New Territory's!!

Tony

Quote from: Wolfman on April 28, 2013, 09:34:16 PM
I see in one of the photos here geezer wearing addidas jacket.

Wolfman - please remove your offensive signature!

Bob

Wonder how much longer the marshall darts will last

bwsau cymru

so to top it all off today I saw a driver of 2162 in a national express uniform....hhmmmmm
campaigning for better transport for all

arrivaaston

I seen a driver on 19, addidas baseball cap, Midland Tie, Petes travel sweat shirt, Choice travel coat and arriva hi vis

s-m-991

Driver on 327, Midland branded Marshall, wearing a t'shirt with graffiti style writing. Very professional.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk