News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

London Buses.

Started by Stuharris 6360, November 21, 2013, 08:11:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markcf83

A bit,yes. Don't forget they run the 109 & N109,plus the 407,433 and P13. There'll be room available for gains-and the Metrobus garage is literally just up the road from there.
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Stuharris 6360

LBSL intends to enter into new contracts for the following routes with the operators listed below:

Route        Current Operator                 New Operator               PVR     Vehicles         
4                Metroline                                 Metroline                      19         New Euro VI hybrid double deck
210            Metroline                                 Metroline                      17         2010 Euro V diesel double deck
320            Metrobus                                 Metrobus                      12         2010/11/12 Euro V diesel double deck**
W7*           Metroline                                  Metroline                      17         2012 Euro V diesel double deck

* Route W7 runs 24 hours at weekends.
** 7 vehicles allocated to route 320 will be Euro V hybrid.

Contracts will commence on the following dates:

19th August 2017: Route W7.
26th August 2017: Route 320.
23rd September 2017: Route 210.
30th September 2017: Route 4.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

markcf83

Some of the hybrids becoming available in the next few weeks after the loss of route 19 are believed to be earmarked for the 320. Holding on to route 4 should ensure the oldest Enviros at Holloway,possibly,and the remaining Plaxton bodied Volvos to be retired.

Dylanbusboy45

Go Ahead London has got 2 (maybe more) new Diesel Enviro 400 MMCs for their commercial fleet. The last new Diesel Double Deckers Go Ahead London bought were in 2014 also for the commercial fleet and in 2013 for the regular fleet showing how strict the emission rules are in London now. It is nice to see the commercial fleet has retained the London General with the grey skirt. For anyone who would like to see these, they are to be found on various Rail Replacements, Chelsea Flower Show Shuttles, Wimbledon Tennis Shuttles and probably on the service to Brighton.
Photo (not mine)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/swanswell/32802681240/in/photostream/

Stuharris 6360

Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Stuharris 6360

9th March 2017

LBSL intends to enter into the following contracts:

TRANCHE 580

Route        Current Operator                 New Operator               PVR                     Vehicles         
243 (24hr) Arriva South                             Arriva South                32*        New Euro VI hybrid double deck

TRANCHE 583

Route        Current Operator                 New Operator               PVR                      Vehicles
90                Metroline                             Metroline                      16            New Euro VI hybrid double deck
222 (24hr)  London United                      Metroline                      17            New Euro VI hybrid double deck

TRANCHE 590

Route        Current Operator                 New Operator               PVR                      Vehicles
45                London Central                    Abellio                          21            New Euro VI hybrid double deck
176 (24hr)   Arriva South                         London Central            24            New Euro VI hybrid double deck
188              Abellio                                  London Central            26            New Euro VI hybrid double deck

All the above routes are awarded as specified, subject to consultation where appropriate. Please note the following:

Route 45 is awarded on the basis of the Monday to Saturday daytime frequency reducing to 6 bph.

Route 176 is awarded on the basis of the Monday to Saturday daytime frequency reducing to 6 bph.

Route 188 is awarded on the basis of retaining the current 7.5 bph widened frequency during Monday to Friday peaks.

Route 243 is awarded on the basis of a revised specification reducing the AM peak frequency leaving Waterloo to 11 bph.

markcf83

Given that news,I expect the 176 to return to Camberwell after twenty plus years,including a period when it was run from Walworth at the time that garage was under the control of London and Country-as London Country South West became known. Suspect also that New Cross will get the 188 given its proximity to Greenwich.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: markcf83 on March 09, 2017, 04:15:49 PM
Given that news,I expect the 176 to return to Camberwell after twenty plus years,including a period when it was run from Walworth at the time that garage was under the control of London and Country-as London Country South West became known. Suspect also that New Cross will get the 188 given its proximity to Greenwich.

Seems that several services are to get reductions in PVR, 222 (-4), 45 (-2), and 176 (-4).

Gareth

Nice to see the 176 getting new buses. I use that regularly when staying in Waterloo. Handy to get back from the West End in the middle of the night after a few shandies.

monkeyjoe

90 is getting new buses one of my local routes better than the old 90 in my other home area

markcf83

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on March 09, 2017, 06:52:27 PM
Seems that several services are to get reductions in PVR, 222 (-4), 45 (-2), and 176 (-4).

...no doubt paying for more of Sadiq Khan's vanity projects.....

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: markcf83 on March 09, 2017, 08:05:13 PM
...no doubt paying for more of Sadiq Khan's vanity projects.....

Well he promised to keep fares frozen and introduce a hopper fare, it seems his plan for paying for them is to cut services.

winston

Abellio still seem to be a bit hit & miss with their tender wins / losses of late.

The 188 was one of the first Tfl routes won by Travel London after the takeover of Connex

markcf83

Quote from: Winston on March 09, 2017, 08:08:55 PM
Abellio still seem to be a bit hit & miss with their tender wins / losses of late.

The 188 was one of the first Tfl routes won by Travel London after the takeover of Connex

Consequently to that loss,they've gained the 45-which in LT days used to be run from Walworth.

Jack

Quote from: monkeyjoe on March 09, 2017, 07:58:48 PM
90 is getting new buses one of my local routes better than the old 90 in my other home area
The only nice route that goes Chemsley Wood from the City these days.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk