News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Diamond West Midlands - Kidderminster

Started by iamwilljh92, November 18, 2013, 12:40:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bewdley5

Quote from: D10 on May 24, 2022, 08:55:58 PMWell done to Diamond who are currently dropping editions of a current Kidderminster Bus Guide through postboxes.
 in the town. It's highly informative with a clear map, all timetables and local fare details.

A great initiative which will hopefully result in increased patronage and attract plenty of new users. V vastly different from many operators these days who say it's all on the Internet which is no good for getting new passengers on board.
Still waiting for postman to bring mine

B61 ANDREW

30965 sounding rather rough  today - as it has been for about a week now.

ellspurs

The A4117 through Cleobury Mortimer was closed on Friday. The poor 292 had to skip half of its calls and go via A49, A456 and B4202 to get back on route.

https://bustimes.org/services/292-kidderminster-to-ludlow/vehicles?date=2022-10-21#journeys/325632912

(It is normally direct up the A4117 from Ludlow).

Diamond did add an extra bus on the route in the afternoon to get the timetable back on track, so I commend them for that. 

the trainbasher

I was thinking earlier, what is going to happen to the Mellor that Kiddy have as the route its used on (298/299) is set to go.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

hlliwmai

Quote from: the trainbasher on December 20, 2022, 09:56:56 PMI was thinking earlier, what is going to happen to the Mellor that Kiddy have as the route its used on (298/299) is set to go.

I would assume it will either be deployed elsewhere on another route or it will transfer to Tividale or Redditch 

B61 ANDREW

Travelling post Kidderminster Depot this morning and glancing across , I noticed a Streetlite hooked up on suspended tow , not sure if it had been towed into the depot or it was being towed away. :wink:

the trainbasher

Diamond have posted on their Facebook that the 25 (Dudley - Stourbridge) will no longer be serving Stourbridge High Street from Sunday

https://www.facebook.com/diamondbuses/posts/pfbid02ZjoZuXjRFmrckWcSRM1i7sDfwTtuvvFWy1Y3cJbpQ17h1TF243nKH2to9KTuF2el

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Rachvince53

Having been through a few weeks ago on the 25, I agree with Diamond's reasoning behind that decision.  However might I suggest a solution would be to use smaller buses, eg Mellors, rather than Streetlites.  

the trainbasher

QuoteHaving been through a few weeks ago on the 25, I agree with Diamond's reasoning behind that decision.  However might I suggest a solution would be to use smaller buses, eg Mellors, rather than Streetlites. 
The thing is Hansons had to endure the same problems, and they never withdrew the 250 or 288 from the High Street. Even when the occasional longer bus dropped on there.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: the trainbasher on February 02, 2023, 11:55:02 PMThe thing is Hansons had to endure the same problems, and they never withdrew the 250 or 288 from the High Street. Even when the occasional longer bus dropped on there.
Mellors are not contractually compliant to operate the 25.  We have been told specifically we cannot use them

ellspurs

Whichever bus was on the 292 today (passing through Cleobury Mortimer at around 12:30 towards Ludlow) didn't have a front display working, and it didn't look like there was a paper sign in the window.

Last Wednesday (I forget the time I was driving through, possibly between 11am and 12) the 292 didn't have the display working either, but it had a paper sign in the window.

Trident 4194

Why's there a 125A running between highley and Bridgnorth?

Rachvince53

Quote from: ellspurs on February 08, 2023, 05:01:44 PMWhichever bus was on the 292 today (passing through Cleobury Mortimer at around 12:30 towards Ludlow) didn't have a front display working, and it didn't look like there was a paper sign in the window.

Last Wednesday (I forget the time I was driving through, possibly between 11am and 12) the 292 didn't have the display working either, but it had a paper sign in the window.
That would be 32257(HF13FZN) on the 1130 from Kidderminster today. Not sure about last Wednesday but different bus.

hlliwmai

Quote from: Trident 4194 on February 17, 2023, 12:02:33 PMWhy's there a 125A running between highley and Bridgnorth?
Because the road is shut from the junction after Kinlet that 125A is ONLY a shuttle service to and from Highley to Bridgnorth whilst the roadworks are on pretty sure that's what I read anyway 

hlliwmai

I read a post on Facebook group earlier and it's been confirmed that Tividale vehicles 30410, 30411, 30412 & 32258 have permanently transferred to Kidderminster depot this weekend for according to the post new school contracts. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk