News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Diamond West Midlands - Kidderminster

Started by iamwilljh92, November 18, 2013, 12:40:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StourportSam

V38* SVV has disappeared from the VOR line up at Kidderminster, leaving just KU52 RYN which presumably still has missing documents!

V658 HEC has had new trim on some 6 seats at the front, in a completely different style, making the bus look brighter but mismatched.

YN08 NXL was again operating from Kidderminster today. It was on the 3 which gave me by chance my first ride on a Plaxton Centro. Having been on this vehicle which was carrying some 30 people at the time (and yes, I counted the seats there are indeed 45!!) it is exactly what the 3/X3 need as this is just a modern Dennis Lance. So sorry Tividale I think Kidderminster should keep this one (although that's very unlikely)!

YJ06 YPU was VOR at the weekend, chained up in the bay by the side of the garages.

* = 2 or 3, never did get a chance to confirm which one it was...

PM

Quote from: StourportSam on January 28, 2014, 07:06:37 PM
V38* SVV has disappeared from the VOR line up at Kidderminster, leaving just KU52 RYN which presumably still has missing documents!

V658 HEC has had new trim on some 6 seats at the front, in a completely different style, making the bus look brighter but mismatched.

YN08 NXL was again operating from Kidderminster today. It was on the 3 which gave me by chance my first ride on a Plaxton Centro. Having been on this vehicle which was carrying some 30 people at the time (and yes, I counted the seats there are indeed 45!!) it is exactly what the 3/X3 need as this is just a modern Dennis Lance. So sorry Tividale I think Kidderminster should keep this one (although that's very unlikely)!

YJ06 YPU was VOR at the weekend, chained up in the bay by the side of the garages.

So less stuff VOR at Kidderminster should hopefully mean YN08NXL can go back to Tividale fairly soon.

What kind of trim/colour is it? Ex first or the rotala standard with the interlinked rotala r symbol in red or blue?

30 seems like a good load! But able to be fitted into a full length dart fairly easily so I reckon more of those are what is needed to try and keep costs down. Brilliant bus though I reckon Tividale need it back for services like the 002/4/4H/301/202/56 as there really is a shortage of longer vehicles.

Thanks for the update Sam

StourportSam

Quote from: DiamondDart on January 28, 2014, 08:48:50 PM

So less stuff VOR at Kidderminster should hopefully mean YN08NXL can go back to Tividale fairly soon.

What kind of trim/colour is it? Ex first or the rotala standard with the interlinked rotala r symbol in red or blue?

30 seems like a good load! But able to be fitted into a full length dart fairly easily so I reckon more of those are what is needed to try and keep costs down. Brilliant bus though I reckon Tividale need it back for services like the 002/4/4H/301/202/56 as there really is a shortage of longer vehicles.

It was neither trim, it looks like a brighter version of the sort to be seen in T418 MNH, if you know what that's like?
I think the only buses with blue Rotala trim at Kidderminster are 30500 and 20847.

PM

Quote from: StourportSam on January 28, 2014, 09:52:26 PM

It was neither trim, it looks like a brighter version of the sort to be seen in T418 MNH, if you know what that's like?
I think the only buses with blue Rotala trim at Kidderminster are 30500 and 20847.

oh right... great to see some standardisation then lol. I do know 30445s interior well and thanks for the update though isnt 20847 in yourbus trim the sort of weird red with shapes on? know other members of the batch have this pattern?

StourportSam

Quote from: DiamondDart on January 28, 2014, 11:26:46 PM

oh right... great to see some standardisation then lol. I do know 30445s interior well and thanks for the update though isnt 20847 in yourbus trim the sort of weird red with shapes on? know other members of the batch have this pattern?

I think you might be confusing 20847 with 20848 and so on, the KU52 ex Yourbus darts which do have the red trim.
20847 is YG02 DJZ the small optare solo owned at one point by First group.

StourportSam

30406 has made a very welcome appearance on the X3 today.

PM

Quote from: StourportSam on January 29, 2014, 05:54:40 PM

I think you might be confusing 20847 with 20848 and so on, the KU52 ex Yourbus darts which do have the red trim.

Sorry, so it is...

StourportSam

Quote from: DiamondDart on January 29, 2014, 06:15:04 PM
Quote from: StourportSam on January 29, 2014, 05:54:40 PM

Sorry, so it is...

No problem at all, I'm always getting fleet numbers confused as the Rotala system has so many anomalies that don't fit in with the pattern!

StourportSam

Another bus has appeared VOR next to KU52 RYN at Kidderminster. It looked to be an X-AKW reg but cannot be sure (It was in standard Diamond blue with logos). I will try and have a look tomorrow.

It was a Plaxton Pointer SLF Dart.

PM

Quote from: StourportSam on January 29, 2014, 06:35:11 PM
Another bus has appeared VOR next to KU52 RYN at Kidderminster. It looked to be an X-AKW reg but cannot be sure (It was in standard Diamond blue with logos). I will try and have a look tomorrow.

It was a Plaxton Pointer SLF Dart.

It will either be 30636 or 30637 then and seeing as 30637 is at Long Acre and was very recently reported on the 30, it is most likely 30636 which is normally at Redditch.

Nice line up of two ex Petes darts there then!

Thanks for the update

jc

30636 in service from Redditch today in Blue Diamond livery if thats relevant to you at all?

PM

Quote from: jc on January 30, 2014, 08:31:56 AM
30636 in service from Redditch today in Blue Diamond livery if thats relevant to you at all?

It is thanks jc. it either means it was 30636 at Kidderminster having a short term issue resolved and therefore is no longer at Kidderminster or it means that 30636 was never there and it was 30637 over from Long Acre which seems unlikely or it is another x   akw dart that has come back off loan from another company? Was it in blue diamond livery ot DIAMOND livery put of interest Sam?

StourportSam

Quote from: DiamondDart on January 30, 2014, 11:44:34 AM
Quote from: jc on January 30, 2014, 08:31:56 AM

It is thanks jc. it either means it was 30636 at Kidderminster having a short term issue resolved and therefore is no longer at Kidderminster or it means that 30636 was never there and it was 30637 over from Long Acre which seems unlikely or it is another x   akw dart that has come back off loan from another company? Was it in blue diamond livery ot DIAMOND livery put of interest Sam?

It was in the new Diamond blue with DIAMOND logos. To be honest, it may have been another registration number but that's what it looked like as I quickly went around the roundabout on the bus yesterday morning...
I will try and have a closer look tomorrow.

iamwilljh92

I had to go to a meeting at the bus depot this afternoon and when I left I purposely went and had a look to see what buses were VOR and they were

1) KU52 RYN (still!)
2) YJ06 YPU

And that's it... Suprising really when a few weeks back there were about 3/4 vehicles "VOR" but now there's only 2!

StourportSam

Quote from: Will on January 30, 2014, 02:34:20 PM
I had to go to a meeting at the bus depot this afternoon and when I left I purposely went and had a look to see what buses were VOR and they were

1) KU52 RYN (still!)
2) YJ06 YPU

And that's it... Suprising really when a few weeks back there were about 3/4 vehicles "VOR" but now there's only 2!

Strange, I'm sure there was another Dart next to KU52 RYN yesterday.
Has the solo moved to be next to KU52 or is it still around the side?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk