News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

VERY Late running services

Started by Stu, November 14, 2013, 06:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John

Quote from: JoNi on January 25, 2014, 09:11:09 PM
I was on board a 900 from Coventry at 14:20ish which used the outside lane to overtake a 900E and 957 while crawling along by "Solihull Heights". Thats the exclusive ::) flats built in the central reservation where the pub used to be between Sheldon and Yardley.
A 900 to Coventry and 900E passed by together in opposite direction.
I'd like to meet the idiot who gave permission to close a lane so that trees and vegetation could be pruned on a busy Saturday afternoon :o

That would have been the 957 me and my mate were on. With the vast amount of traffic, I was expecting there to be an accident, as it took us 20 minutes to get from Sheldon to Yardley Swan. But as you said Joni, one lane closed on both sides of Coventry Road, just to cut the vegetation on one of the busiest times of the week is absolutely ridiculous. What's wrong with Sunday or at night?

Matt.N0056

Quote from: John on January 25, 2014, 09:16:50 PM
I was on board a 900 from Coventry at 14:20ish which used the outside lane to overtake a 900E and 957 while crawling along by "Solihull Heights". Thats the exclusive ::) flats built in the central reservation where the pub used to be between Sheldon and Yardley.
A 900 to Coventry and 900E passed by together in opposite direction.
I'd like to meet the idiot who gave permission to close a lane so that trees and vegetation could be pruned on a busy Saturday afternoon :o

That would have been the 957 me and my mate were on. With the vast amount of traffic, I was expecting there to be an accident, as it took us 20 minutes to get from Sheldon to Yardley Swan. But as you said Joni, one lane closed on both sides of Coventry Road, just to cut the vegetation on one of the busiest times of the week is absolutely ridiculous. What's wrong with Sunday or at night?

They seem to be doing it on a Saturday and Sunday, which is better than all week! I got trough quite quickly, although that was at around midday - my 957 was a no more than 5 minutes late. The 900 I got back cam into City a few minutes late and the traffic seemed to flow better out of City and was still only a few minutes late getting to Sheldon, while the other direction was backed up to the Wheatsheaf.

A strange sight was a Meagabus turning out of Gilberstone Ave, obviously used the back roads to avaoid traffic - Maybe Wagon Lane, Marcot Rd, Gilbertstone?

the trainbasher

You Call them idiots, I call them enterprising...just think what if the buses had been delayed on a weekday so the could do it? Not so sensible then eh?

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

nitromatt1

Roadworks on the Kenilworth Road in Cov have been wreaking havoc with the 18A recently along with Stagecoach's 16

JoNi

De Courcey have put up a notice at University Hospital warning of disruption on the 360A/C.

Trident 4609

Two 141's (4819 and 4826) parked up together at Merry Hill about 14:15 this afternoon!

nitromatt1

Quote from: Nathan on January 26, 2014, 05:17:47 PM
Two 141's (4819 and 4826) parked up together at Merry Hill about 14:15 this afternoon!

On Sundays, the 141 is timetabled to arrive at Merry Hill just after the one in front has left, at 15 and 45 minutes past the hour. It's nothing unusual to see the two parked up together, it only takes one to leave slightly late or one to arrive slightly early.

Trident 4609

Quote from: Matt on January 26, 2014, 05:53:47 PM
Quote from: Nathan on January 26, 2014, 05:17:47 PM

On Sundays, the 141 is timetabled to arrive at Merry Hill just after the one in front has left, at 15 and 45 minutes past the hour. It's nothing unusual to see the two parked up together, it only takes one to leave slightly late or one to arrive slightly early.

Oh OK :) I wasn't aware of that :) Thanks

Kevin

Quote from: JoNi on January 26, 2014, 02:48:28 PM
De Courcey have put up a notice at University Hospital warning of disruption on the 360A/C.

Ah bit is that due to traffic etc, or is it the new timetable they've effectively been forced to use
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

John

3 28s (including mine) in convoy between Fox & Goose and Hawthorn Road, due to bad traffic on Belchers Lane. 2 'E's and my one to Scott Arms. AVL took one of the 'E's off at the Crossways

Rob H

Trouble with the 110/902/904/905 between 7-8.30am this morning I heard an inspector who was by the Square Peg there was a problem on the Aston Expressway couldn't get actual details but something was wrong also there was no 110 between 07:25-08:50
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

nitromatt1

Last night, I observed three 9's running together towards Birmingham, heading out of Halesowen at around 20:20. They should have been spread over half an hour

Trident 4609

Quote from: Matt on January 28, 2014, 08:02:50 PM
Last night, I observed three 9's running together towards Birmingham, heading out of Halesowen at around 20:20. They should have been spread over half an hour

I can imagine lots and lots of people waiting in the cold and rain on Colemore Row last night. I presume this was down to delays earlier on which has caused an even bigger gap

nitromatt1

Quote from: Nathan on January 28, 2014, 08:06:42 PM
Quote from: Matt on January 28, 2014, 08:02:50 PM

I can imagine lots and lots of people waiting in the cold and rain on Colemore Row last night. I presume this was down to delays earlier on which has caused an even bigger gap

They are usually all on time heading into the city by that time. I have no idea what may have caused such a delay.

Stu

Quote from: Rob H on January 28, 2014, 07:50:28 PM
Trouble with the 110/902/904/905 between 7-8.30am this morning I heard an inspector who was by the Square Peg there was a problem on the Aston Expressway couldn't get actual details but something was wrong also there was no 110 between 07:25-08:50

The tidal flow system was not working correctly on the Aston Expressway, and I believe there had been an accident overnight which was still being cleared up.

Apparently there are issues with the tidal flow system again this evening, which is causing more delays.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk