News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Withdrawn Vehicles

Started by Ashley, November 01, 2013, 08:08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MW

Quote from: Dom on February 18, 2018, 02:46:50 PM
Yes and yes.

It must have been said loads of times already now, but just to clarify. Is Solihull going Euro 4 or Euro 5 in July?

Dom

Quote from: MW on February 18, 2018, 04:04:50 PM
It must have been said loads of times already now, but just to clarify. Is Solihull going Euro 4 or Euro 5 in July?

I believe it's euro 4, not 100% on that though if I'm honest.

MW

Quote from: Dom on February 18, 2018, 04:15:29 PM

Yeah it must be, having thought about it. I don't think it'd be stricter than Birmingham. It's still 4 in Birmingham right?

DJ

Quote from: Dom on February 18, 2018, 04:15:29 PM

Quote from: Stu on August 26, 2017, 10:24:42 AM
The Solihull AQPS document can be downloaded from the TfWM website:
https://www.tfwm.org.uk/strategy/bus-alliance/

As Tony has stated, the minimum initial requirement is Euro 3, from July 2018 it will be Euro 4. (see Schedule B, section 2.3)

See the sections 2.6, 2.7 and 2.10, on vehicle displays, presentation and driver standards. This is where the smaller operators will have to be upping their game.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Westy

These zones they are creating.

They are giving the likes of NX chance to sort out the fleet before imposing a date surely?

For example, Walsall is not suddenly going to get a load of non compliant elsewhere vehicles dumped on them & have several of their fleet moved out, just because they happened to be compliant elsewhere?

Dom

Quote from: Westy on February 18, 2018, 09:57:21 PM
These zones they are creating.

They are giving the likes of NX chance to sort out the fleet before imposing a date surely?

For example, Walsall is not suddenly going to get a load of non compliant elsewhere vehicles dumped on them & have several of their fleet moved out, just because they happened to be compliant elsewhere?

Companies are only first informed a day before it happens...

Of course they're given time to prepare for it!

Tony

Quote from: Dom on February 19, 2018, 07:59:50 AM
Companies are only first informed a day before it happens...

Of course they're given time to prepare for it!

At least a couple of years, which gives companies time to assess their needs, and apply for funding for traps etc which is where the funding that has just been granted comes from.

Each operator has given a costing to TfWM on needs to meet the emissions rules. TfWM bundle these up in one bid to the Government and they decide how much to grant

Quote from: Tony on December 14, 2017, 07:15:57 PM
Two more departures from Miller Street today

1462 to Trevor Wigley (found to have too much rot to go into the training fleet)
4067 donated to Birmingham Round Table Breakfast for conversion into a sleeping/cooking/help area for the homeless. I delivered it to a private residence in the outskirts of Stratford upon Avon this afternoon
https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/double-decker-bus-destined-scrapheap-14406349
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Former 4102 plaxton president B7TL
While on the 87 near  Oldbury I noticed a purple placky in my mirrors it came from diamonds tividale garage, when I got to Oldbury retail park it over took me, I thought very eye catching all over purple paintwork with vamooz as the brand on the side or summat like that. Any ideas folks

@2900 - The Green Bus, see their thread, Winston

Thanks winston,wasn't aware greenbus was operating so many former TWM plackys

Stevo

It's a Blazefield brand so must be one of those that went to Yorkshire.

winston

Quote from: Stevo on March 28, 2018, 06:07:03 PM

Vamooz is a Blazefield brand & concept, however, it is being adopted by other operators i.e. The Green Bus + Reading Buses

That President never went to Yorkshire

Mike K

Quote from: Stevo on March 28, 2018, 06:07:03 PM

Vamooz partner with a number of companies including Reading Buses. These are Green Bus buses, not Transdev examples:
https://mobile.twitter.com/the_green_bus?lang=en

EDIT: sorry Winston, beat me to it

Michael Bevan

Just seen a photo of de-roofed 4391 at Walsall. A comment on Facebook has suggested that the front of 4391 will be used to repair damaged 4601...

Jack

Quote from: Michael Bevan on April 05, 2018, 06:54:43 PM
Just seen a photo of de-roofed 4391 at Walsall. A comment on Facebook has suggested that the front of 4391 will be used to repair damaged 4601...
Don't mind me asking @Michael Bevan, but wthat actually happened to 4601?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk