News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

New tram 17 delivered.

Started by Gareth, October 16, 2013, 01:40:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bwsau cymru

will the new trams have more seats than the current t69's?

Also I have herd from centro that the plan is to use the current trams on the new line to briley hill (which I like). I was fuming thinking that perfectly good trams which have just been refurbished would be put in storage!!
campaigning for better transport for all

CL

Quote from: Justin Tyme on December 07, 2013, 09:53:14 PM
Tram track is slowly (very slowly) being laid along Bull Street.  Will they reach Temple Row by the end of the year?

They've not even finished the ones at Snow Hill, nevermind Bull Street, there's barriers covering it from the road, and on the pavement too. I wonder if Colmore Row buses will have to be diverted to Corp St, just in case they build it and take up road space... Service 7, 46 and 101 wouldn't be affected...
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

John

Quote from: clayderman on December 20, 2013, 11:05:21 PM
Tram track is slowly (very slowly) being laid along Bull Street.  Will they reach Temple Row by the end of the year?

They've not even finished the ones at Snow Hill, nevermind Bull Street, there's barriers covering it from the road, and on the pavement too. I wonder if Colmore Row buses will have to be diverted to Corp St, just in case they build it and take up road space... Service 7, 46 and 101 wouldn't be affected...

I would imagine all Colmore Row buses will divert up Livery Street when the tracks are put in over Colmore Row

mikestone

Certainly the new cars were initially justified by the fact they would release the old ones for the Merry Hill route, but I seem to recall that the last time it was mentioned that was no longer the case.
;
"perfectly good" isn't often mentioned in the same breath as Ansaldo - Manchester are throwing theirs away and the similar cars in Rome were stored with preference given to 1958 motor/trailer sets.

bwsau cymru

Damm!!! That dont say much for there quality!
campaigning for better transport for all

Roy

The last I heard (at the Wolverhampton extension exhibition a month or so ago) was that Centro still intended to use some of trams 01-16 on their proposed Dudley extension with others from that batch cannibalised for spares.

OH25

there is another new tram that has joined 17 in the depot but I don't know the number of it more than likely 18 though

windy miller

Are these new trams subject to minimum post-delivery mileage accumulations before entering service?... are they, (or are they likely to be ) tested overnight? I believe the contractors are required to work on no more than  50mtrs of roadway at a time to avoid traffic congestion in B'ham City centre? :-\
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

CL

Quote from: John on December 21, 2013, 08:54:00 AM
Quote from: clayderman on December 20, 2013, 11:05:21 PM

I would imagine all Colmore Row buses will divert up Livery Street when the tracks are put in over Colmore Row

Actually, this does seem reasonable! Either they'd probably do a 'U-turn' or use the roundabouts near James Watt Queensway, either way, it's not long until completion! 2015 is only next year, before you know it, we're in the year 2020!

EDIT: They're also laying down the curving tracks, Most of the straight tracks have been fitted... They're been 'sealed off by a barrier, and the builders are digging up more of the road. I do hope they'll replace the paving tiles, like shown in concept pictures, otherwise the job will look messy and untidy, unlike Wolverhampton's Tram Stop...  ::)

Tony

They are starting at the other end now as well, Stephenson Street is now being dug out for a start on track laying

CL

Quote from: Tony on January 27, 2014, 08:24:52 PM
They are starting at the other end now as well, Stephenson Street is now being dug out for a start on track laying

My mother thinks the New design looks ugly... Although, my highest expectations are the new shopping facilities and how it'll look from the outside. Concept videos show an amazing shopping centre which is 'intercepted' with a grand transport hub... The formerly known shopping centre 'Pallasades' will actually be renamed 'Grand Central' like that in America. Sorry! I've realised I've dragged this topic out to more than the Midlands Metro.  :-\  :o

windy miller

Did the (Animated) tram-concept video that I looked at recently appear to have NO overhead catenary wires (or poles)? I can't find it now to have a second look...or were the wires ommitted on purpose to improve the overall view? :-\ :-\ :-\
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

Eric Shaw

Trams 1 and 2 have been parked out of service for about a year now. Another one has now joined them. I think, by a process of elimination it is 3, but I haven't been able to check the number.

Stuharris 6360

Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

nitromatt1

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on February 01, 2014, 10:12:34 PM
Seems that track laying is beginning in ernest, but they seem to have kept this rather quiet!

http://www.networkwestmidlands.com/ServiceAlterations/RoadworksandEvents/ColmoreCircusBirmingham.aspx

The track laying has actually been going on for quite some time, hence the roadworks on Colmore Circus Queensway in recent months

Snow Hill Queensway was closed today for track laying. Buses were being sent up Livery Street instead.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk