News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Introduction of gold buses on X17

Started by JoNi, August 24, 2013, 09:34:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoNi

A NX driver told me this lunchtime that one of the E200s is now branded for the X19,, will advise when I find out of the number.

Valandil

This X19 is very mysterious!
Outside of this forum, I have seen no evidence of it!
(Other than the often-dodgy VOSA entry).

Does anyone have a timetable or route map or announcement about it?

Ashley 4566

Unless that driver meant to say X17 but it came out as X19

mikestone

Quote from: Valandil on October 09, 2013, 08:30:32 AM
This X19 is very mysterious!
Outside of this forum, I have seen no evidence of it!
(Other than the often-dodgy VOSA entry).

Does anyone have a timetable or route map or announcement about it?
;
Its the best part of a month before it starts - as I have already said it appears on the printed Warwickshire map, and you yourself say it has been on vosa.

Valandil

Quote from: mikestone on October 09, 2013, 11:51:56 AMIts the best part of a month before it starts - as I have already said it appears on the printed Warwickshire map, and you yourself say it has been on vosa.

This would seem to be true.
I do find it odd that a vehicle should be branded already for a service which will not be in existence for such a while yet.

JoNi

Branded new E200 whizzed past in the Burges got a poor shot of the rear with taxi in the way.
The bus was 36938
from pic rear branding

on the left hand side of the rear window
up to every 15 minutes
X17 on mauve circle
X19 on blue circle

on the right hand side of the rear window
Coventry
Kenilworth
Leamington
Warwick

mikestone

So presumably it isn't going to be a gold service?.

nx4737

Like the "Gold" S4 in Banbuty then...

Valandil

They might as well have kept the S4 as the 59(A)!

I was secretly hoping it would get really fancy vehicles and be renumbered G2 :D

Valandil

From Bus and Coach Buyer, it seems that the X17 will be extended (probably not every 15 minutes) to Jaguar Land Rover at Gaydon, the X19 will be half-hourly in the peak only, running from Jaguar Land Rover at Whitley to Kenilworth and onwards as the X17.
These new vehicles (also to be used on the 65) are to have free Wifi capabilities.

JPC

The Warwickshire council website now confirms the following...

X17/X19
COVENTRY - KENILWORTH – LEAMINGTON – WARWICK – GAYDON
Service X17 is revised and one bus an hour in the off peak Mondays to Fridays extends from Warwick to Jaguar/Land Rover at Gaydon via Lighthorne Heath. One journey an hour is renumbered to Service X19 and operates between Coventry and Warwick via Whitley.

16/16A
COVENTRY - KENILWORTH – LEEK WOOTTON - WARWICK – STRATFORD
Additional journeys are operating between Coventry and Kenilworth as Service 16A, Service 16 is unchanged.

X77
KENILWORTH – LEAMINGTON – GAYDON
This new peak time service on Mondays to Fridays provides a link from Kenilworth and Leamington to Jaguar/Land Rover at Gaydon.

Tony

Quote from: Ashley 4566 on October 03, 2013, 11:30:51 AM
Will these E200s displace the transbus Darts to replace older Darts?

I believe the displaced darts are going to Northampton replacing loaned buses on the ex First routes

Valandil

X17/X19-branded Enviro 200 on the U1 today.

Ashley 4566

I hope thats the case Tony. Even though I personally think the loaned Darts (33650-33654) are in better condition upon face value, some of Northamptons resident Darts are horrid but thats just from a spotters point of view

Tony

Quote from: Ashley 4566 on October 21, 2013, 10:12:12 PM
I hope thats the case Tony. Even though I personally think the loaned Darts (33650-33654) are in better condition upon face value, some of Northamptons resident Darts are horrid but thats just from a spotters point of view

I have heard that all of Northampton's darts including those moved from Leamington are to be replaced by a fleet of brand new Enviro 200s soon.
Which, knowing Stagecoach is probably true so they show off how much better than First they are to get the public on their side

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk