News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Acocks Green Garage

Started by Rob H, July 22, 2013, 10:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John

Quote from: Winston on December 12, 2013, 08:44:31 PM
John, I see your getting your proirities right and testing out the garage  canteens.......

:D We have eaten at Walsall and Perry Barr, I had to try out Perry Barr's food. Wasn't hungry today so only had a tea from Acocks Green. We were originally going to Central for lunch, but bus swapping/refuelling and defects on the bus we were driving meant we were an hour late leaving Walsall this morning.

Pensnett doesn't have a canteen so we ended up at Greggs around the corner, and I have heard that Yardley Wood and Coventry canteens are not as good.

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Tony on December 12, 2013, 08:53:42 PM
Quote from: Liverpool Street on December 12, 2013, 08:50:37 PM
Quote from: John on December 12, 2013, 05:02:31 PM
Quote from: Tony on December 12, 2013, 04:35:41 PM
Quote from: John on December 12, 2013, 04:27:37 PM
4674 how back from rear end repairs, parked in the garage today

Was on an 11C morning peak board!

You're enjoying training aren't you John, getting into lots of garages

I am. We stopped at Acocks Green for lunch, with a toilet stop in West Brom this morning.

Dangerous stuff is canteens. Can I recommend a steak and salad? Avoid fat.

The mega burger BC do on Mondays is good.
Working upwards - Base of bun, large burger, bacon, cheese, middle of bun, large burger, bacon, cheese, fried egg, then top of bun, served with chips & salad

Sounds good however...

I don't trust the meat any canteens use. Except pork/properly labeled beef. I can't risk eating halal/kosher etc
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

nitromatt1

Quote from: Liverpool Street on December 12, 2013, 09:08:01 PM
Quote from: Tony on December 12, 2013, 08:53:42 PM
Quote from: Liverpool Street on December 12, 2013, 08:50:37 PM
Quote from: John on December 12, 2013, 05:02:31 PM
Quote from: Tony on December 12, 2013, 04:35:41 PM
Quote from: John on December 12, 2013, 04:27:37 PM
4674 how back from rear end repairs, parked in the garage today

Was on an 11C morning peak board!

You're enjoying training aren't you John, getting into lots of garages

I am. We stopped at Acocks Green for lunch, with a toilet stop in West Brom this morning.

Dangerous stuff is canteens. Can I recommend a steak and salad? Avoid fat.

The mega burger BC do on Mondays is good.
Working upwards - Base of bun, large burger, bacon, cheese, middle of bun, large burger, bacon, cheese, fried egg, then top of bun, served with chips & salad

Sounds good however...

I don't trust the meat any canteens use. Except pork/properly labeled beef. I can't risk eating halal/kosher etc

"Halal. Is it meat you're looking for?"

Stuharris 6360

Is this still the Acocks Green thread, or is it now the "Best Canteen Thread?"
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on December 12, 2013, 09:13:29 PM
Is this still the Acocks Green thread, or is it now the "Best Canteen Thread?"

I think its a natural transformation when talking about AG. Excellent breakfast they do.

Is the Solihull services AG provide alongside the 70, proving to be more reliable now?
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
until it cought fire

winston

Quote from: John on December 12, 2013, 09:00:00 PM
John, I see your getting your proirities right and testing out the garage  canteens.......

:D We have eaten at Walsall and Perry Barr, I had to try out Perry Barr's food. Wasn't hungry today so only had a tea from Acocks Green. We were originally going to Central for lunch, but bus swapping/refuelling and defects on the bus we were driving meant we were an hour late leaving Walsall this morning.

Pensnett doesn't have a canteen so we ended up at Greggs around the corner, and I have heard that Yardley Wood and Coventry canteens are not as good.

John, you haven't broke a bus already have you?  :P

Greggs is Pensnett's canteen.... The YW canteen food at the open day was alright, but they were really un-organised and couldn't cope......

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Winston on December 12, 2013, 09:49:37 PM

You haven't broke a bus already have you?  :P

Greggs is Pensnett's canteen.... The YW canteen food at the open day, but they were really un-organised and couldn't cope

Is this what driver training involves, driving around every depot finding out where the best food is?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

nitromatt1

Quote from: Winston on December 12, 2013, 09:52:02 PM

Greggs is Pensnett's canteen.... The YW canteen food at the open day was alright, but they were really un-organised and couldn't cope......

What did the canteen cook at the open day? I only noticed fairy cakes and similar

winston

Quote from: nitromatt1 on December 12, 2013, 09:54:02 PM

What did the canteen cook at the open day? I only noticed fairy cakes and similar

Food  :P

nitromatt1

Quote from: Winston on December 12, 2013, 09:55:50 PM

Any chance of elaborating a bit? ;)

winston

Quote from: nitromatt1 on December 12, 2013, 09:58:52 PM
Quote from: Winston on December 12, 2013, 09:55:50 PM

Any chance of elaborating a bit? ;)

Burgers / chips / bacon baps etc That many people ordered stuff & walked off as though we sick of waiting. Even the YW drivers that just wanted a drink give up due to the queue/wait

John

No!  ;D I've kerbed it a few times, but you quickly learn from mistakes, haven't done that now since Monday. We had an extremely good blast around Birmingham today. Most mornings, we have found defects on the bus we have been allocated while doing a training VCR. They have all been the same defect though. Strange  ::)

Liverpool Street

Quote from: John on December 12, 2013, 10:07:49 PM

No!  ;D I've kerbed it a few times, but you quickly learn from mistakes, haven't done that now since Monday. We had an extremely good blast around Birmingham today. Most mornings, we have found defects on the bus we have been allocated while doing a training VCR. They have all been the same defect though. Strange  ::)

What defects, John? Old body damage, etched windows, saloon light out, DMAS faulty....
until it cought fire

John

Quote from: Liverpool Street on December 12, 2013, 10:10:03 PM
What defects, John? Old body damage, etched windows, saloon light out, DMAS faulty....

Broken wheel nut indicators

winston

Quote from: John on December 12, 2013, 10:07:49 PM

You already owe NX a new set of tyres.... maybe they are tresting you to make sure your checking/spot the defects  ;)

Have you had any pedestrians walk out in front of you yet?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk