News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Acocks Green Garage

Started by Rob H, July 22, 2013, 10:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

Saw a notice on the 11C this evening:

Service 73: Birmingham - Heartlands Hospital - Yardley - Sheldon - Solihull

To help improve reliability buses will no longer serve the two stops along Garretts Green Lane between Cockshut Hill and Sheldon Heath Road.

http://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/information/service-changes/service-changes-from-1st-december-2013
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

nitromatt1

Quote from: Stu on November 29, 2013, 06:38:49 PM
Quote from: Liberator9 on November 29, 2013, 05:50:33 PM
Saw why they prefer having the single deckers on the 37 the other week; had a Gemini on it and someone was just lighting a fag at the back of the upper deck...

That's nothing, a few weeks ago, there was a fella casually puffing away on a cigarette on the back seat of an Omnilink, probably unaware that he was clearly visible on the CCTV screen.

I saw one smoking downstairs on the back seat of a 9 not so long ago, I think he only lit it momentarily for a quick puff

Stu

Quote from: nitromatt1 on November 29, 2013, 06:42:42 PM
Quote from: Stu on November 29, 2013, 06:38:49 PM
Quote from: Liberator9 on November 29, 2013, 05:50:33 PM
Saw why they prefer having the single deckers on the 37 the other week; had a Gemini on it and someone was just lighting a fag at the back of the upper deck...

That's nothing, a few weeks ago, there was a fella casually puffing away on a cigarette on the back seat of an Omnilink, probably unaware that he was clearly visible on the CCTV screen.

I saw one smoking downstairs on the back seat of a 9 not so long ago, I think he only lit it momentarily for a quick puff

I just can't understand the mentality of these people! I'm a smoker myself, but I manage to hold out until I least get off the bus, wouldn't dream of lighting up actually on the bus! Not just because it is illegal, but it is also inconsiderate to other passengers.
My locals:

Matt.N0056

Quote from: Stu on November 29, 2013, 06:41:56 PM
Saw a notice on the 11C this evening:

Service 73: Birmingham - Heartlands Hospital - Yardley - Sheldon - Solihull

To help improve reliability buses will no longer serve the two stops along Garretts Green Lane between Cockshut Hill and Sheldon Heath Road.

http://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/information/service-changes/service-changes-from-1st-december-2013

They have altered the road slightly, where the bollard is in the middle of the road. Although i I always thought a bus wa able to turn right out of Cockshut Hill before they changed it

winston

Is it fair to say 4055 may be being repaired? as it doesn't feature on Nov's fleet changes as withdrawn

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Winston on December 03, 2013, 11:08:30 PM
Is it fair to say 4055 may be being repaired? as it doesn't feature on Nov's fleet changes as withdrawn

Presumably, as they say in railway terms, its on decision?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Stu

What happened to 4055? That's one of West Brom's! 4050 was recently involved in a fire, though I do recall Tony saying it wasn't as badly damaged as 4075 (or was it the other way around?). Maybe it's still 'under assessment', or still being investigated?
My locals:

Kiewii

Quote from: Stu on December 04, 2013, 07:03:53 PM

What happened to 4055? That's one of West Brom's! 4050 was recently involved in a fire, though I do recall Tony saying it wasn't as badly damaged as 4075 (or was it the other way around?). Maybe it's still 'under assessment', or still being investigated?

Nope, 4050 was the one that wasn't that bad, meanwhile 4075 has been withdrawn

Dylan4579

4072 broke down in the middle of bearwood high street yesterday

winston

Sorry Stu, typo... I meant 4050

Stu

Quote from: Winston on December 04, 2013, 08:13:56 PM

Sorry Stu, typo... I meant 4050

I thought that was the case, but wasn't sure if 4055 had had an unreported incident or not!

On an unrelated note, I don't know whether its just because I've been paying more attention the last few days, but I have observed that all the Omnilinks I've seen on the 37 have indeed been branded ones. Still a number of Geminis being used also, as well as the odd President the last two days. One of those 'transitional' periods again I suppose, while buses are being swapped around.

The thought also crossed my mind; what if the Eclipse 2s could all receive new branding and become the main allocation for the 37, with the Omnilinks going onto the 71, 72 and S1 services, as well as being used as 'spares' elsewhere?
My locals:

trident4370

Quote from: Stu on December 04, 2013, 08:30:09 PM
The thought also crossed my mind; what if the Eclipse 2s could all receive new branding and become the main allocation for the 37, with the Omnilinks going onto the 71, 72 and S1 services, as well as being used as 'spares' elsewhere?

Now there is an interesting thought  ???

uniquicity

Quote from: Dylan4579 on December 04, 2013, 07:59:08 PM
4072 broke down in the middle of bearwood high street yesterday

I went past this yesterday afternoon. Could have sworn it was 4074 but can't remember that far back (getting old).

It was causing minor delays. There was an inspector there directing traffic around it.

Stu

Well that didn't last long, 1932, 7019, 7020 (my ride home this evening) and 7023 all on the 37 today.

My locals:

nitromatt1

Quote from: Stu on December 09, 2013, 06:42:31 PM
Well that didn't last long, 1932, 7019, 7020 (my ride home this evening) and 7023 all on the 37 today.

I'm probably having a mind-blank, but what didn't last long?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk