News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Acocks Green Garage

Started by Rob H, July 22, 2013, 10:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Stu on March 19, 2022, 04:00:42 PM
The 41 and 46 principally use vehicles that cannot be used on city centre services.

There aren't enough compliant vehicles to make the 4 / 4A double-deck operated, unless of course you start having more single-decks on the 11A/C, which I'm sure many people wouldn't appreciate.
If it did use Scanias, then that would mean more 42XX on the 11, then free up some 61XX for some 4 boards.
Single decks on the 11 would be unsuitable I think.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

BBS

Quote from: 2206 on March 19, 2022, 04:03:55 PM
If it did use Scanias, then that would mean more 42XX on the 11, then free up some 61XX for some 4 boards.
Single decks on the 11 would be unsuitable I think.
Also AG down by 1 bus possibly in addition of 6147 and 6148 could help slightly
Or making the 5 single decker will free platinums and able to go the 4.the 5 dosent get that much people on so single decker could be better
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

Stu

Quote from: bbs on March 19, 2022, 04:23:34 PM
Or making the 5 single decker will free platinums and able to go the 4.the 5 dosent get that much people on so single decker could be better

Don't forget, the 5 was reduced to half-hourly a while back, so regular use of single-decks wouldn't go down well.

The 5 is very well used between city centre and Sparkhill from my own experiences.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

cardew

Acocks Green have four fewer double deckers than they had about six weeks ago (5 x 42xx withdrawn and 6146 gained)

BBS

Quote from: cardew on March 19, 2022, 05:27:27 PM
Acocks Green have four fewer double deckers than they had about six weeks ago (5 x 42xx withdrawn and 6146 gained)
5 withdrawn and only 2 buses gained ( 1815 and 6146 )

BrumKev86

4649 broke down by the Olton Tavern about 1650 aswell
Grew up in Great Barr, now living in North Somerset

Trident 4194

2 passengers get on my 11C at harborne today sit behind me drinking their cans of beer or whatever shit they are drinking and then light up a cigarette right behind me. Why should I have to put with this?  And I'm sorry to say the 11A/C is the worst route for clientele I have ever had the displeasure of travelling on. I avoid it if at all possible

BBS

Quote from: Trident 4194 on March 22, 2022, 07:15:13 PM
2 passengers get on my 11C at harborne today sit behind me drinking their cans of beer or whatever shit they are drinking and then light up a cigarette right behind me. Why should I have to put with this?  And I'm sorry to say the 11A/C is the worst route for clientele I have ever had the displeasure of travelling on. I avoid it if at all possible
Yep, i smell piss downstairs sometimes and its quite annoying but when you need to use it you just need to

The Real 4778

Quote from: bbs on March 22, 2022, 08:32:55 PM
Yep, i smell piss downstairs sometimes and its quite annoying but when you need to use it you just need to

Why don't you use a urinal like everyone else?  ;)
Don't you start.

don

My objection is when someone starts to vape and it's one of those esoteric but vomit-worthy flavours like blackberry and apple!!  >:( A great pity buses don't have a sprinkler system at the back to douse any smoke detected incident - that would 'extinguish' the perpetrators  ;D  :D

Presumably a bus with pee on the floor gets a defect report completed by the driver with subsequent
special attention from cleaners? Presumably if bad enough the bus would be swapped at a convenient point? I recall a friend doing a defect report years ago after someone threw up on a PB single deck Fleetline on a private hire (to WMPTE staff - well it was decades ago!!!)
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Stu

Quote from: don on March 25, 2022, 04:12:24 PM
Presumably a bus with pee on the floor gets a defect report completed by the driver with subsequent
special attention from cleaners? Presumably if bad enough the bus would be swapped at a convenient point? I recall a friend doing a defect report years ago after someone threw up on a PB single deck Fleetline on a private hire (to WMPTE staff - well it was decades ago!!!)

It was a few years ago now, I was on a 31 from Acocks Green, and the driver stopped on Stratford Road in Sparkhill and turfed off all the passengers, because some child had vomited on the lower deck floor. The vehicle had to be taken straight out of service and returned to garage for cleaning.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

MW

Vomiting, urine and even worse would result in the vehicle being removed from service and a replacement deployed. That or it'd return to depot to be cleaned.

Less serious but when a fight broke out on a platform of a bus amongst passengers, a can of beer ended up splattered all over the platform and over the assault screen onto me (only a few drops). I then informed control that I'm returning to depot. Went home, got changed, came back to the depot and took a replacement vehicle back out on the road.

Can anyone guess which route it was?

BBS

Quote from: MW on March 25, 2022, 08:39:13 PM
Vomiting, urine and even worse would result in the vehicle being removed from service and a replacement deployed. That or it'd return to depot to be cleaned.

Less serious but when a fight broke out on a platform of a bus amongst passengers, a can of beer ended up splattered all over the platform and over the assault screen onto me (only a few drops). I then informed control that I'm returning to depot. Went home, got changed, came back to the depot and took a replacement vehicle back out on the road.

Can anyone guess which route it was?
sounds like the common outer circle stories

AG 41 will be QE Hospital to Heartlands Hospital via Acocks Green from 24th April.
Likely replacing the claribel 36.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Kevin

Quote from: 2206 on March 28, 2022, 01:30:02 PM
AG 41 will be QE Hospital to Heartlands Hospital via Acocks Green from 24th April.
Likely replacing the claribel 36.

God forbid that stretch finally gets a sensible clockface frequency instead of every 45 mins, even if it gets cut to hourly it'll still be more useful for potential passengers
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk