News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Acocks Green Garage

Started by Rob H, July 22, 2013, 10:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

Was a bit surprised to see a 1A in Billesley earlier - thought it was an 11A at first!
https://bustimes.org/vehicles/278447?date=2021-08-24#journeys/160745923
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Jack

2223 has been debranded from the 4/4A.

cris 99

17//72/73/97/X12

Jack D

Why they being debranded?

Stu

Quote from: Jack D on August 25, 2021, 05:03:52 PM
Why they being debranded?

At a guess, either the branding is going to get updated, or some vehicles are being debranded so they can be utilised on other routes.

The 4 / 4A branding will need to be amended now that both routes will be going to Solihull. Perhaps "4 via Olton" and "4A via Gospel Oak" would be more appropriate, and generate less confusion.
My locals:

Pat

Quote from: Stu on August 25, 2021, 08:08:23 PM

The 4 / 4A branding will need to be amended now that both routes will be going to Solihull. Perhaps "4 via Olton" and "4A via Gospel Oak" would be more appropriate, and generate less confusion.
I won't be surprised if it isn't.  The current branding still fits with the 4A extension, as it shows the service as going via/to Gospel Oak.  Possibly, to avoid confusion, the destination displays may be changed to show 'via Acocks Green & Gospel Oak' on the extensions.

Seeing the 11C on St Margarets Road tonight is quite a strange sight, the latest one i've seen on there is 6116 on the 11C. 6125 on the 11C, 4650 NIS I saw as well have all been down there tonight.

There is an RTC and oil spillage (the back of the van was taken off and oil it was carrying split everywhere) on St Margarets Road at the junction with Bromford Lane so the clockwise side of Bromford Lane is closed off and traffic being sent right along St Margarets Rd, so 6116 went right onto St Margarets Road, left onto Washwood Heath Road, right onto Stechford Lane at the Fox & Goose.

4650 was running dead back to depot having come off Acocks Green to Erdington via Bearwood trips I think.

Another I just saw Perry Barr 7021 NIS also just went down St Margarets Road at 22:34, this one unlike the 11's has turned left into Morris Road and will come out at the Fox & Goose, first time i've ever seen a National Express bus go up there. (& 4500 is the last one tonight aswell  NIS at 00:00).
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stu

Quote from: Jack on August 25, 2021, 03:27:37 PM
2223 has been debranded from the 4/4A.
Quote from: cris 99 on August 25, 2021, 04:37:37 PM
Along with 2224

I don't know if this is an error, but 2223 shows on BusTimes now as a West Bromwich bus.  ???

It is however currently operating the new 46 service, but is showing as being on WB's 46, presumably as the routes data feed is not yet updated.

I'm going to assume this is a mistake, and this is still an AG vehicle, and the debranding is just a coincidence, unless Tony advises otherwise.
My locals:

Sh4318

Quote from: Stu on August 29, 2021, 10:41:49 AM
I don't know if this is an error, but 2223 shows on BusTimes now as a West Bromwich bus.  ???

It is however currently operating the new 46 service, but is showing as being on WB's 46, presumably as the routes data feed is not yet updated.

I'm going to assume this is a mistake, and this is still an AG vehicle, and the debranding is just a coincidence, unless Tony advises otherwise.

The 95 is tracking as the 55
The 80 is tracking as the 80A
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Stu

To answer my own question, I guess the 'garage' comes from the route data, as 2223 has now been replaced by 2222, which also now shows as a 'West Bromwich' vehicle. And this also answers how AG deal with driver changeover for this service on Sunday, duty starts and ends at garage!
My locals:

Tony

Confusion because both routes have running boards 46.xx neither has a letter in front like most duplicate service numbers. On the internal system which still works from individual garages there is no problem, but it is confusing the BODS data

Stu

Quote from: Tony on August 29, 2021, 06:09:30 PM
Confusion because both routes have running boards 46.xx neither has a letter in front like most duplicate service numbers. On the internal system which still works from individual garages there is no problem, but it is confusing the BODS data

Maybe this 'problem' will correct itself once BusTimes gets the updated list of services via the BODS feed.
My locals:

BBS

41 has been very strange this week. Buses are delayed for 18-30 min and some dont even show up. im guessing this is the same for 46.
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

monkeyjoe

Quote from: bbs on September 24, 2021, 09:15:35 PM
41 has been very strange this week. Buses are delayed for 18-30 min and some dont even show up. im guessing this is the same for 46.

Won't be helped by people panic buying at us JS pumps, gave up trying to get food shopping yesterday fosse way was carnage

BBS

Not sure but is 6710 on 41 noteworthy? since its usually g1 and alx400
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk