News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Acocks Green Garage

Started by Rob H, July 22, 2013, 10:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

Quote from: bbs on April 19, 2021, 11:56:04 PM
Heard and seen a lot of Acocks greens buses either broken or have problems. I wonder whats happening with them
Buses do break down you know...... 

Tony

Quote from: Pat on April 20, 2021, 07:30:35 AM
Buses do break down you know......

Acocks Green have no more problems than any other garage, have very few defective buses compared to the other garages, and the only bus that hasn't been in service in the last 3 weeks is 1789, the one stuck in paint

Stu

Quote from: 2206 on April 19, 2021, 07:23:28 PM
One in front 4658, went straight past the bus stop displaying not in service. But it was tracking on the bus stop as an 11C for some reason and then seemed to be picking up passengers at the next stop, which is weird.

If a bus is running late and is 'in convoy', to help with making up time, the driver can be instructed to run 'unload only' to a certain point. They did used to have 'Unload Only' on the destination displays, but when I've seen this done more recently they just change to 'Not In Service'.

I did have a 'disagreement' with a driver the once, one Sunday morning. I was at the Fire Station stop on Yardley Wood Road, and had just missed one 11C. Another one pulled up a couple of minutes later, but had 'Not In Service' on the display. Although he had stopped to let a few passengers off, he refused to let me board, even though I told him I only wanted to go to Kings Heath. What frustrated me at the time was the next one wasn't due for at least another 20mins, ended up just walking to Kings Heath instead.

So yeah, in this kind of situation, the vehicle will show on BusTimes as being in service, when it actually isn't.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Bus_user_jay

I caught the 11A yesterday. Now according to NXBus website it should have changed route in Selly Oak to operate straight along Harborne Lane onto Oak Tree Lane, not stopping on the Bristol Road. But instead it went via the old route along Harborne Lane - Chapel Lane - Bristol Road (Where it stopped) then turned onto Oak Tree Lane..... has it not changed in the end??

https://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/service-updates/timetable-changes-from-sunday-18th-april-2021

BBS

Someone took a picture showing me 2 Coventry buses at Acocks green
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

Jack6101

Quote from: bbs on May 03, 2021, 11:19:54 PM
Someone took a picture showing me 2 Coventry buses at Acocks green

Break tests I belive
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

Stu

Quote from: Bus_user_jay on May 03, 2021, 11:03:50 PM
I caught the 11A yesterday. Now according to NXBus website it should have changed route in Selly Oak to operate straight along Harborne Lane onto Oak Tree Lane, not stopping on the Bristol Road. But instead it went via the old route along Harborne Lane - Chapel Lane - Bristol Road (Where it stopped) then turned onto Oak Tree Lane..... has it not changed in the end??

https://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/service-updates/timetable-changes-from-sunday-18th-april-2021

Driver probably just forgot about the new route.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

BBS

Quote from: Jack6101 on May 04, 2021, 05:52:33 AM
Break tests I belive
its not common seeing 4887 at Acocks green

cris 99

i notice 6144 has now been debranded no doubt 45/56 will follow if not done already
17//72/73/97/X12

BBS

Quote from: cris 99 on June 01, 2021, 11:03:59 AM
i notice 6144 has now been debranded no doubt 45/56 will follow if not done already
i think its because of the new clean air crisis.

BBS

Seems like EOO5 is at Acocks Green today.Not sure why but keeps going to Solihull and back to Acocks Green Depot

Tony

Quote from: bbs on June 01, 2021, 11:38:19 AM
Seems like EOO5 is at Acocks Green today.Not sure why but keeps going to Solihull and back to Acocks Green Depot

One is visiting every garage in turn for staff to see the new technology

BBS

Just visited the Acocks Green village and 11 brandeds are everywhere.People asking why does the 11 go birmingham now to people asking to go erdington.They just hop on the 4 thinking their on the 11 and welcome to city centre.I think if the branding gets removed it will make life easier for passengers.

MW

Quote from: bbs on June 01, 2021, 11:38:19 AM

Most AG vehicles on type / driver training do Solihull and back runs. They act as an unofficial shuttle as a lot of drivers have to get between the two locations (usually by catching the 4).

BBS

Quote from: MW on June 01, 2021, 02:58:45 PM
Most AG vehicles on type / driver training do Solihull and back runs. They act as an unofficial shuttle as a lot of drivers have to get between the two locations (usually by catching the 4).
EOO5 isn't a AG bus.Its a YW bus

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk