News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Acocks Green Garage

Started by Rob H, July 22, 2013, 10:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

Quote from: Steve3229vp on August 05, 2020, 11:12:43 AM
I've heard (not confirmed) that the 5 will go via Stratford Road to Hall Green College, then Cole Bank Road, Sarehole Road, then as normal until Shirley, then as 6 to Solihull, the 6 will have no change of route and the new 6A will run as 6 to Marshall Lake Road, then as the present 5 to Solihull. A 5 minute frequency between City and Hall Green College (5, 6, 6A). With the 5 re-routed away from Showell Green Lane I would expect the 2 to revert back to its old route. BUT as I stated at the beginning this is not confirmed.

Seems relatively logical to me, not convinced Showell Green Lane would miss a bus route, plenty of city services a short walk away on Yardley Wood Road or Stratford Road. Amending where the 36 terminates to a small loop of the area instead of cutting across to the Warwick Road could cover that and Wake Green Road if needed
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

ellspurs

Quote from: Busboy105 on August 05, 2020, 12:01:21 PM
If that was to happen, it would leave a portion of Wake Green Road without a link to City Centre.

Well, it'd leave all of Wake Green Road without a service to the City Centre as the 1 only goes to Five Ways, and the 1A goes to QE Hospital.

MasterPlan

Quote from: Steve3229vp on August 05, 2020, 11:12:43 AM
I've heard (not confirmed) that the 5 will go via Stratford Road to Hall Green College, then Cole Bank Road, Sarehole Road, then as normal until Shirley, then as 6 to Solihull, the 6 will have no change of route and the new 6A will run as 6 to Marshall Lake Road, then as the present 5 to Solihull. A 5 minute frequency between City and Hall Green College (5, 6, 6A). With the 5 re-routed away from Showell Green Lane I would expect the 2 to revert back to its old route. BUT as I stated at the beginning this is not confirmed.

I'm a bit confused there as I don't know the area that well, but why does the 5 need to change? Can't the 6A do what is proposed for the new 5 route?
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Quote from: MasterPlan on August 05, 2020, 04:01:33 PM
I'm a bit confused there as I don't know the area that well, but why does the 5 need to change? Can't the 6A do what is proposed for the new 5 route?
Don't understand your question about 6A doing whats proposed for the new 5 route. 6A can't run into Solihull along both Marshall Lake Road/Blossomfield Road and through Monkspsath.

They're probably changing it go give the Hall Green area of the 5 a more direct link to Solihull and Monskpath area of the 5 a more direct link to Birmingham City Centre on the 6A. As well as running an increased frequency through Springfield, etc.

Or if you are suggesting sending 6A along the 5 route through Hall Green, that section probably doesn't need its frequency doubled either.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Busboy105

Quote from: ellspurs on August 05, 2020, 02:49:43 PM
Well, it'd leave all of Wake Green Road without a service to the City Centre as the 1 only goes to Five Ways, and the 1A goes to QE Hospital.
It's probably for the best. I've never seen anyone board the 1/1A/5 whenever I go on them routes anyway.

bususer28

Will the 6 and 6A be operated by electrics from YW and the 5 operated by platinums from AG? Or will it work in a different way.

Busboy105

Quote from: bususer28 on August 05, 2020, 05:14:02 PM
Will the 6 and 6A be operated by electrics from YW and the 5 operated by platinums from AG? Or will it work in a different way.
Yes the 6 is using electrics and the 5 is currently using Platinums. I don't know what the 6A will use. I don't think the current electrics for the 6 will be enough for both unless the 6 and 6A run to a combined frequency.

Quote from: Busboy105 on August 05, 2020, 05:22:33 PM
Yes the 6 is using electrics and the 5 is currently using Platinums. I don't know what the 6A will use. I don't think the current electrics for the 6 will be enough for both unless the 6 and 6A run to a combined frequency.
So far the highest numbered one at AG is 7536. 7515- 7536 or 7515 - 7538, if they all go seems a lot for just the 5.
So presumably both the 5 & 6A will use AG Platinums.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

cris 99

7536 is only a loan they were expecting 14 for the 5 7515-17 from BC & 7518-7528 from AG
17//72/73/97/X12

Bus Man K2

Quote from: bususer28 on August 05, 2020, 05:14:02 PM

When are these changes supposed to come into effect? Are they already in operation?

Stu

Quote from: Busboy105 on August 05, 2020, 12:01:21 PM
If that was to happen, it would leave a portion of Wake Green Road without a link to City Centre.

Quote from: ellspurs on August 05, 2020, 02:49:43 PM

The 1 and 1A cross several main roads providing multiple connections to frequent services for the city centre.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Stu

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on August 05, 2020, 06:13:09 PM
When are these changes supposed to come into effect? Are they already in operation?

Nothing has been announced yet officially. I have heard that something was in the pipeline, I would have expected it to happen in September.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

ellspurs

Quote from: Stu on August 05, 2020, 06:13:53 PM
The 1 and 1A cross several main roads providing multiple connections to frequent services for the city centre.

Fully understood, Stu. I assumed that they meant it as a direct link to the City Centre.

I've been stuck behind enough 1/1As on Wake Green Road to know they do pick up passengers along there. They also help me to escape from St Mary's Row by blocking the traffic for me as well.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Stu on August 05, 2020, 06:15:17 PM
Nothing has been announced yet officially. I have heard that something was in the pipeline, I would have expected it to happen in September.

Your probably right @Stu it will be September after the Schools go back, and when TfWM are looking at all 1,000 timetables, including at stop.

Busboy105

Quote from: Stu on August 05, 2020, 06:13:53 PM
Yes that's true. But I don't understand why the 1 just doesn't go into the City Centre. Maybe there's some passengers that don't want to get off at Five Ways and wait for the 23/24/25.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk