News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Acocks Green Garage

Started by Rob H, July 22, 2013, 10:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darthdc

Saw 4689 on the 11C today. Another transfer?

cris 99

it was transferred last week along with 4688 im guessing the rest will follow along with the remaining 45s
17//72/73/97/X12

Squiz1971

Saw 6708 today with the lower branding on the back window removed. I take it this is to facilitate the possible new route the X12 may be taking???

Tony

Quote from: Squiz1971 on July 13, 2019, 03:13:06 PM
Saw 6708 today with the lower branding on the back window removed. I take it this is to facilitate the possible new route the X12 may be taking???

More likely some moron has smashed the back window and it has been replaced with plain glass

Squiz1971

Quote from: Tony on July 13, 2019, 03:25:09 PM
More likely some moron has smashed the back window and it has been replaced with plain glass
Oh ok thanks, wasn't sure whether to write it here or in the Oddities thread to be honest @Tony

Michael Bevan

Just been following 4659 up the Birmingham Road towards Walsall. Definitely somewhere different to see an Acocks Green vehicle! Engineer was driving, so I'm assuming it's heading to Walsall Garage for some reason.

markcf83

Quote from: Michael Bevan on July 24, 2019, 03:03:10 PM
Just been following 4659 up the Birmingham Road towards Walsall. Definitely somewhere different to see an Acocks Green vehicle! Engineer was driving, so I'm assuming it's heading to Walsall Garage for some reason.

Tony can correct me but could it be going to Walsall for a quick repaint prior to its heading to Coventry.
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

winston

Quote from: markcf83 on July 24, 2019, 03:49:30 PM
Tony can correct me but could it be going to Walsall for a quick repaint prior to its heading to Coventry.

Possibly not, as that one is Crimson. The rest going to NXC were all red/white.

Tony

Quote from: markcf83 on July 24, 2019, 03:49:30 PM

The whole point of the PB-AG-CV double swap is to avoid repainting crimson buses

WMT3000

For anyone interested, 831 did the last day of the nx A12. 834 did the last working of the 99.

Eric Shaw

One of Acocks Greens 83X batch travelling on the 58 extended route this morning with a number of drivers on board presumably route training.

darthdc

Had a few of the high end 46xx fleet on the 11 today, including 4688 (new spot for me). I just want to point out that 4696 is no longer named. Saw her today.

Eric Shaw

2202, 2229, 2225, 2226, 2219 and 2203 all on the 58 this morning so I assume it is still interworking with the 31. All seem to be running on time.

Jack6101

6703 x12 now got the new improved next stop annocements 
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

GeminiFan1991

My 11A home today was 4567 and it seemed to have a seemingly major mechanical problem. I boarded it at Acocks Green and when the bus was pulling away, I heard a massive thud. I assumed it was a passenger who wanted to get on but I couldn't see anyone. As the bus progressed, it became apparent the "thud" was coming from underneath the vehicle. Whilst I know very little on bus mechanics, it sounded like something snapped off and kept hitting something. Sound was most pronounced during a turn.

Many passengers, myself included, were quite unnerved throughout the journey. I hope the bus made a safe journey and is promptly inspected.
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk