News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Acocks Green Garage

Started by Rob H, July 22, 2013, 10:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Could they not take some of the seat cushions out of the ALX400 that have been refurbed and are being withdrawn like 4292, 4293, 4294 and 4301 and put them into the unrefurbished vehicles they have trapped at AG and YW?
  They still seemed to be in good condition on those 429X, as presumably these 428X and 45XX will still be around for some time yet?
It would mean the interior would be in a lot better a condition?

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Eric Shaw

Previous reports on this website have said that the 31 and 58 are leaving AG on 24th February but nothing has appeared officially on any public websites. Is this going to happen?

Tony

Quote from: Eric Shaw on January 31, 2019, 03:00:30 PM
Previous reports on this website have said that the 31 and 58 are leaving AG on 24th February but nothing has appeared officially on any public websites. Is this going to happen?

No

Eric Shaw

Thanks Tony and 2206 for clearing that up for me.

Quote from: monkeyjoe on February 05, 2019, 06:17:14 PM
Shame there is no competition sounds like a good business opportunity
Dreadful service on the 11 again today. 2 very overcrowded buses turned up - both this morning and afternoon, 6111 and 6141. Shame NX don't do anything to try and reduce the overcrowidng on these routes, but I doubt they ever will as these journeys have been like this for many years now.
Its often a struggle to actually get of the bus, at the Swan with all the people (mostly kids), standing on the stairs, top deck and blocking the doors of the bus, as NX let as many of them on as possible. Plus some people smoking something very stong on 6141 this afternoon. Often they look dangerously overcrowded, exceeding the capacity limits. Strangely the drivers will sit at the stop for a few minutes as well saying they can't carry on as its dangerous such as on 6111 this morning and then after a few minutes, of those passengers refusing to move they then decide to carry back on despite what they were saying earlier.
I often have long waits to actually get on a bus at the Swan as well due to the overcrowding on these routes - regularly 30 - 40 + minutes, shame they don't duplicate these busy journeys.
Typical day on the 11. Dreadful service.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Tony

Quote from: 2206 on February 07, 2019, 08:34:08 PM
Dreadful service on the 11 again today. 2 very overcrowded buses - both this morning and afternoon, 6111 and 6141. Shame NX don't do anything to try and reduce the overcrowidng on these routes, but these journeys have been like this for many years now.
Its often a struggle to actually get of the bus, at the Swan with all the people (mostly kids), as NX squash as many of them in as possible, standing on the stairs, top deck and blocking the doors of the bus. Plus some people smoking something very stong on 6141 this afternoon. Often they look dangerously overcrowded, exceeding the capacity limits. Strangely the drivers will sit at the stop for a few minutes as well saying they can't carry on as its dangerous such as on 6111 this morning and then after a few minutes, of those passengers refusing to move they then decide to carry back on despite what they were saying earlier.
I often have long waits to actually get on a bus at the Swan as well due to the overcrowding on these routes - regularly 30 - 40 + minutes.
Typical day on the 11. Dreadful service.

Without fitting wings or ploughs to push all other traffic out of the way, what do you expect NX to do? And as a driver you try stopping people getting on. In the old days you used to just slam the doors shut, but you cannot do that now for fear of hitting someone and having a claim against you.

Trident 4194

Quote from: Tony on February 07, 2019, 08:38:26 PM
Without fitting wings or ploughs to push all other traffic out of the way, what do you expect NX to do? And as a driver you try stopping people getting on. In the old days you used to just slam the doors shut, but you cannot do that now for fear of hitting someone and having a claim against you.

Your solution seems to be to split the routes in half? I'm a regular on the 11 nowadays and the reliability is really hit and miss. Some days buses Will have a quite long wait at timing points indicating they're on time, other times you will get 4 together, however the buses still don't seem to be that full probably due to the times I catch the 11. The other day an 11A which was due to terminate at harborne drove past me when I signallled I wanted that bus.

MW

4661 looks like it may have just been taken off the 72 and put onto a 4E to Acocks Green in Solihull. Big crowds at the 4 stand.

Sh4318

Quote from: MW on February 08, 2019, 03:28:19 PM
4661 looks like it may have just been taken off the 72 and put onto a 4E to Acocks Green in Solihull. Big crowds at the 4 stand.

Are the peak time 4Es actually helping the overcrowding between Acocks Green & Solihull?
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Quote from: Eric Shaw on January 31, 2019, 03:00:30 PM
They're not being withdrawn as was orrigninally suggested on here, but i've noticed that VOSA is seemingly showing that there will be a variation to the 58 and 31 from the 24th March 2019?
Doesn anyone know what the changes to these routes that this refers to are?
https://www.vehicle-operator-licensing.service.gov.uk/search/find-registered-local-bus-services/details/529688/
https://www.vehicle-operator-licensing.service.gov.uk/search/find-registered-local-bus-services/details/529687/
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Jordan

Does anybody know why 6712 had 11C Perry bar on the destination earlier
my local routes are:

NXWM: 72 72A 17 73
igo 99
sunny travel 71E
r.k. travel 72 and further down the road the 73

Tony

Quote from: Jordan on February 12, 2019, 04:50:33 PM
Does anybody know why 6712 had 11C Perry bar on the destination earlier

I'm fairly certain it didn't, because if you put 11 into 6712's destination you get Walsall, Dudley and a few places in between.

BusDriverBosh

Bus Driver
X2 - Birmingham ➡️ Solihull Station
X12 - Birmingham ➡️ Solihull Station
X13 - Birmingham ➡️ Chelmsley Wood

Eric Shaw

I see 4287 has been withdrawn, probably the one which hit the tree in Horrel Road. Can the euro6 equipment from it be fitted to 4667 or 4672 which haven't been converted yet?

Tony

Quote from: Eric Shaw on March 03, 2019, 08:37:13 PM
I see 4287 has been withdrawn, probably the one which hit the tree in Horrel Road. Can the euro6 equipment from it be fitted to 4667 or 4672 which haven't been converted yet?

Yes 4287 has been withdrawn because of the tree incidents but that may not be the end of it. If the chassis is ok, the exterior will be patched up and it will join the training fleet

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk