News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Acocks Green Garage

Started by Rob H, July 22, 2013, 10:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

Quote from: V89MOA on August 08, 2018, 08:33:53 PM
I'll bet NXWM have been billed for the mentioned stops to be changed too!

Did the 5 today, those few stops on Robin Hood Lane has bus stops saying "not in use"
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

V89MOA

Quote from: Kevin on August 08, 2018, 09:53:08 PM
Did the 5 today, those few stops on Robin Hood Lane has bus stops saying "not in use"
Thing is the locals, and any potential visitors, won't be checking the NX site for updates as they've had no service for a month either so most won't even know the 5 is back without word of mouth, Stu wasn't aware and he is a regular user of this very forum! NX need to push tfwm on this so it's sorted long before the holidays are over, but hey as long as the tram users are happy tfwm don't care about the locals!
They ought to get it sorted this week really, two and a half weeks is taking the biscuit, as is fobbing the issue (and ultimately the blame) off onto NXWM!

Oozells

When will the "new" buses on the 5 and 1 be replaced? The fumes that come out of them are atrocious.

Tony

Quote from: Oozells on August 09, 2018, 05:39:17 PM
When will the "new" buses on the 5 and 1 be replaced? The fumes that come out of them are atrocious.

Really? The buses on the 5 meet Euro 6 regulations and are some of the cleanest vehicles in the country

Quote from: Oozells on August 09, 2018, 05:39:17 PM
Quite clearly typing crap / euro 6 not clean enough,  crickey what next the trams are to noisey

MW

He might be generalising with the non trap fitted ones. 4304 is blowing black smoke from its exhaust when accelerating from stops and you can smell it too.

Oozells

Quote from: Tony on August 09, 2018, 05:47:38 PM
Really? The buses on the 5 meet Euro 6 regulations and are some of the cleanest vehicles in the country

If they're that clean, go and put your face in front of the exhaust of 4304. And the bus itself is filthy (but it can't be from the engine!) and looks like it's not been given any TLC this decade.

Edit: Someone else literally posted about the same bus at the same time! And I see more than just this bus blowing black smoke.

Also, you didn't answer my question. They can't be keeping almost 17 year old buses much longer, especially with the Birmingham CAZ.

Oozells

Quote from: 2900 on August 09, 2018, 06:38:49 PM
Quite clearly typing crap / euro 6 not clean enough,  crickey what next the trams are to noisey

Just because you love buses so much doesn't mean that they're all perfect 10s - Have a bit of objectivity. Think about how the normal person on the street feels when their lovely crimson bus gets replaced with a dirty, older bus that has seats which haven't been changed in years and chipped paint.

Tony

Quote from: Oozells on August 09, 2018, 08:54:55 PM
Just because you love buses so much doesn't mean that they're all perfect 10s - Have a bit of objectivity. Think about how the normal person on the street feels when their lovely crimson bus gets replaced with a dirty, older bus that has seats which haven't been changed in years and chipped paint.

Where's this 'dirtier' keep coming from?

Oozells

Well the photo I have of the bus shows that it is dirty.

And you still don't answer any questions - Just blind love. I've worked there too, it's not all rosy.

:D

Quote from: Oozells on August 09, 2018, 08:54:55 PM

They'd get mildly annoyed and then go about their lives.

The truth is that an average passenger cares about frequency, routing, etc of buses more than quality of buses as long as said buses is of acceptable quality.

Eric Shaw

AG are still using some euro3 Volvo/Alexanders on the 72. Are they being given time to sort this out. All the 5/73's are euro6.

V89MOA

Quote from: Eric Shaw on August 10, 2018, 07:35:01 PM
AG are still using some euro3 Volvo/Alexanders on the 72. Are they being given time to sort this out. All the 5/73's are euro6.
Same story on the 49 and 76, I'm wondering if the LEZ has been quietly put back a few weeks seeing as nothing seems to be happening from Sunny Travel/Discount/therestofthem either?
The 5 will always be more important to keep compliant than the 72 though as it has the Birmingham zone at the other end of the route.

Jack

Quote from: Eric Shaw on August 10, 2018, 07:35:01 PM
I was going to say the 72 is constantly getting Euro 3 ALX400's.
Is Solihull Euro 4 now or Euro 5?

MW

Quote from: Jack on August 12, 2018, 11:48:49 AM
I was going to say the 72 is constantly getting Euro 3 ALX400's.
Is Solihull Euro 4 now or Euro 5?

It's Euro 4.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk