News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Acocks Green Garage

Started by Rob H, July 22, 2013, 10:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Jack on July 28, 2018, 11:42:31 PM
Does the 94 still have E400's used on it? I've not seen one in months,
Yes.
There tends to be one on there every few days.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Sh4318

Are the 5 & 73 interworking now? Or is that just a figment of my imagination. Could've sworn I saw 4281 change from a 5 to 73 on Station Road
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Quote from: Sh4318 on July 30, 2018, 01:27:33 PM
Are the 5 & 73 interworking now? Or is that just a figment of my imagination. Could've sworn I saw 4281 change from a 5 to 73 on Station Road
Yes, the 5 and 73 interwork.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

MW

4304 looks a mess. It's on the 11C right now. The front looks battered. The paintshop looks faded, especially the front n/s bumper panel. Upon acceleration, it's blowing a dark cloud of smoke.

These ALX400s look terrible. The general condition of the Presidents always looked much better, inside and out.

I think it's about time the 11 got a proper upgrade, into Crimson vehicles. It really needs attention. Crimson Gemini's or even something newer!

Jack

@OH25 I'd say it's common seeing Gemini's on the 4/A. There was a bucket load on it yesterday.

They also seem to interwork in the city centre.

MW

Quote from: Jack on August 03, 2018, 05:17:47 PM
@OH25 I'd say it's common seeing Gemini's on the 4/A. There was a bucket load on it yesterday.

And on the opposite side, E200MMC are common on the 5/73. Is it 9 or 10 ALX400s fitted with the traps? There's always going to be a few E200MMC on these routes then.

Tony

Quote from: MW on August 03, 2018, 05:31:48 PM
And on the opposite side, E200MMC are common on the 5/73. Is it 9 or 10 ALX400s fitted with the traps? There's always going to be a few E200MMC on these routes then.

There are 16 ALX with traps 4276-91

Stu

Quote from: Jack on August 03, 2018, 05:17:47 PM

The allocation for the 37 was always a mix of E200s and Geminis, nothing really changed when the 37 became the 4/4A.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

MW

Quote from: Tony on August 03, 2018, 05:42:12 PM
There are 16 ALX with traps 4276-91

Are they all in service at AG? Last week, I think Saturday, I saw about 3 E200s on the 5. I've not paid attention since, but the time in between the changes and last weekend, I've definitely seen a lot of E200s, branded ones too, on the 5.

Tony

Quote from: MW on August 03, 2018, 05:51:45 PM
Are they all in service at AG? Last week, I think Saturday, I saw about 3 E200s on the 5. I've not paid attention since, but the time in between the changes and last weekend, I've definitely seen a lot of E200s, branded ones too, on the 5.

4280; 4290; 4291 are the three still missing

Jack

Quote from: Stu on August 03, 2018, 05:49:48 PM
The allocation for the 37 was always a mix of E200s and Geminis, nothing really changed when the 37 became the 4/4A.
Well people are putting it in the NW thread, not me...
And I know the 37 was a mix of E200's and Gemini's thanks! Well the spreedsheet has only just been updated, yet shows nothing about the 5 now being ALX400 B7TL's and E200's.

Quote from: MW on August 03, 2018, 05:51:45 PM
I'm still seeing non-compliant ALX400's on the 72, there was two yesterday and some on it Monday, and saw some last week.

Stu

Quote from: Jack on August 03, 2018, 06:04:19 PM
Well people are putting it in the NW thread, not me...
And I know the 37 was a mix of E200's and Gemini's thanks! Well the spreedsheet has only just been updated, yet shows nothing about the 5 now being ALX400 B7TL's and E200's.

I know, I was actually confirming what you had posted!

As for updating the spreadsheet, yes, I have observed for myself recently that the 5 seems to be a mix of E200s and ALX400s since the changes, which confirms what others have posted, however as I have a full-time job and not enough spare time lately, I do not have the luxury of being able to just go out and sit and spot buses all day!

Which is why I have asked for help from NX drivers to confirm and verify allocations, and I have also asked for volunteers to assist in maintaining the spreadsheet. I can't do this all by myself, I do have other things to do!

My locals:

Quote from: Tony on August 03, 2018, 06:04:12 PM
4280; 4290; 4291 are the three still missing

4290 is currently sat on WB's back car park.

Stu

While I was out and about exploring my new neighbourhood this afternoon, I found myself by Yardley Wood rail station on Highfield Road, and decided to catch a 5 towards Solihull (as I'd just missed a 76), as the NX Bus app was showing one due, and the bus stop flag and printed timetable showed that the 5 stopped there (it also showed Timetable valid from 22 July 2018).

After the bus didn't arrive, and I checked the app again which showed the next one was in 28 mins, I decided to cross the road and catch a 5 in the opposite direction towards Birmingham, which was due in 7 mins. Again, the bus stop flag had 5 printed on it, and showed a timetable valid from 22nd July 2018.

Once again, the app changed from 'Due' to 32mins, so I gave up and got the 76 to Kings Heath instead.

It wasn't until I got home and then later checked the 5 route and timetable on the NX Bus website, that I saw it doesn't even serve Yardley Wood rail station.

I know I normally do my research before travelling to unfamiliar areas, but even so, to arrive at a bus stop and see a route number printed on the flag, as well as that route being shown on the printed timetable, and as well as NX Buses own app showing real-time information for that stop, its pretty poor that this has been allowed to happen.
My locals:

Trident 4194

Quote from: Stu on August 05, 2018, 07:40:04 PM
While I was out and about exploring my new neighbourhood this afternoon, I found myself by Yardley Wood rail station on Highfield Road, and decided to catch a 5 towards Solihull (as I'd just missed a 76), as the NX Bus app was showing one due, and the bus stop flag and printed timetable showed that the 5 stopped there (it also showed Timetable valid from 22 July 2018).

After the bus didn't arrive, and I checked the app again which showed the next one was in 28 mins, I decided to cross the road and catch a 5 in the opposite direction towards Birmingham, which was due in 7 mins. Again, the bus stop flag had 5 printed on it, and showed a timetable valid from 22nd July 2018.

Once again, the app changed from 'Due' to 32mins, so I gave up and got the 76 to Kings Heath instead.

It wasn't until I got home and then later checked the 5 route and timetable on the NX Bus website, that I saw it doesn't even serve Yardley Wood rail station.

I know I normally do my research before travelling to unfamiliar areas, but even so, to arrive at a bus stop and see a route number printed on the flag, as well as that route being shown on the printed timetable, and as well as NX Buses own app showing real-time information for that stop, its pretty poor that this has been allowed to happen.

That is shocking To be honest, isn't it both tfwm and nx fault?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk