News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Acocks Green Garage

Started by Rob H, July 22, 2013, 10:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jc

Could just have been a new driver getting familiar with the type, one of the first things you do at a new depot is get type trained.

CL

4677 unloading passengers in Bearwood after some hooligans thought it'd be a funny joke to open the emergency exit!
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Quote from: CL on November 08, 2017, 02:57:24 PM
4677 unloading passengers in Bearwood after some hooligans thought it'd be a funny joke to open the emergency exit!
Throwing everyone of because someone opened an emergency exit?
The emergency exits can be closed just as easily as they're opened?
Or did they smash a window in or something.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

CL

Quote from: 2206 on November 08, 2017, 05:19:11 PM
Throwing everyone of because someone opened an emergency exit?
The emergency exits can be closed just as easily as they're opened?
Or did they smash a window in or something.
The driver didn't leave the cab, as far as I'm aware; as I believe it was the upstairs emergency exit window. Thengine was turned off, however, for a substantial amount of time - in which another 11 (only a few minutes behind) managed to catch up (and even allow some passengers to change onto it!), before subsequently overtaking. Not sure if passengers on the bottom deck were told to get off, but those on the top deck quickly followed suit. As you say, the emergency exits could be closed as easily as they've been opened... I didn't think much of it at the time, and was sure the bus would eventually start moving.

I caught the 82 in the end.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

lauren1993

4225 was on the 37 today, it stood out to me because not only is it on loan but this bus is not fitted with traps and was operating on a route that enters the city centre.
Favourite buses currently:
871, 1828, 4421, 4764, 6101, 6108, 6116, 6118, 6121, 6848, 6849
Least favourite buses currently:
4203, 4213, 4398, 4419

Jack

Quote from: lauren1993 on November 10, 2017, 02:25:40 AM
4225 was on the 37 today, it stood out to me because not only is it on loan but this bus is not fitted with traps and was operating on a route that enters the city centre.
4225 isn't on loan. It lives at AG and the 37 is run from AG. @lauren1993

Sh4318

Quote from: lauren1993 on November 10, 2017, 02:25:40 AM

Sure it was on there yesterday too

EDIT: Didn't read the time on Lauren posted, thought it was today ;D
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

lauren1993

Quote from: Jack on November 10, 2017, 07:03:30 AM
4225 isn't on loan. It lives at AG and the 37 is run from AG. @lauren1993
Ah, yes forgot about that one transferring. Silly me!
Favourite buses currently:
871, 1828, 4421, 4764, 6101, 6108, 6116, 6118, 6121, 6848, 6849
Least favourite buses currently:
4203, 4213, 4398, 4419

Jack

Quote from: lauren1993 on November 11, 2017, 06:20:50 AM
Ah, yes forgot about that one transferring. Silly me!
If the City didn't have the Euro rules then they'd probably be allowed in the City on the 37. They do suit the 37.

Dom

Quick question here, does anyone have the via points shown on the outer circle and also what the E destinations are?

The E's I have so far are Acocks Green, Bearwood, Perry Barr, Fox & Goose, Kings Heath & City Hospital.

Quote from: Dom on November 15, 2017, 05:57:00 PM
Quick question here, does anyone have the via points shown on the outer circle and also what the E destinations are?

The E's I have so far are Acocks Green, Bearwood, Perry Barr, Fox & Goose, Kings Heath & City Hospital.
E's I've also seen.
Yardley Yew Tree
Yardley Swan
Selly Oak
Plus I've also seen Erdington Six Ways and Handsworth Soho Road displayed. But I haven't seen a 11 display them for a very long time now.

LED destination Via:
Yardley & Acocks Green.
Kings Heath & Bournville.
Selly Oak & Harbourne.
Dudley Road & Handsworth.
Perry Barr & Erdington.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

MW

Quote from: Dom on November 15, 2017, 05:57:00 PM

E's are:

Acocks Green Garage / Fox Hollies Road (11C only)
Acocks Green / Westley Road
Yardley / Swan (11C only)
Yardley / Yew Tree
Ward End / Fox & Goose
Erdington / Six Ways
Marsh Hill / Gipsy Lane
Perry Barr
Handsworth / Soho Road
Winson Green / City Hospital
Dudley Road / Icknield Port Road
Dudley Road / Summerfield Park
Bearwood / Sandon Road (11C only)
Bearwood / Hagley Road
Harborne
Selly Oak / Sainsbury's / Bristol Road
Cotteridge
Kings Heath / All Saints Church

May have missed one or two. They're basically all the timing points.

Edit: Whilst I was at AG, there was a meeting and basically the conclusion was to make the final destination on the E's bigger, so that's why for the last year or two, it will just say 11E Acocks Green rather than Westley Road etc. Too many retards not reading the destination boards.

GeminiFan1991

Most interesting. Can I ask, why does the 11C have 3 exclusive "E" journeys compared to the 11A ? Is it to do with the route and whether the bus can physically make a U turn ?
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Quote from: CL on November 08, 2017, 10:27:35 PM
The driver didn't leave the cab, as far as I'm aware; as I believe it was the upstairs emergency exit window. Thengine was turned off, however, for a substantial amount of time - in which another 11 (only a few minutes behind) managed to catch up (and even allow some passengers to change onto it!), before subsequently overtaking. Not sure if passengers on the bottom deck were told to get off, but those on the top deck quickly followed suit. As you say, the emergency exits could be closed as easily as they've been opened... I didn't think much of it at the time, and was sure the bus would eventually start moving.

I caught the 82 in the end.

The driver is fully within his rights to remain the cab if a situation arises that could affect his or her safety (company policy) , if there was group of people larking about upstairs it can be very intimidating walking through to close the exit.

MW

Quote from: GeminiFan1991 on November 16, 2017, 01:42:55 AM
Most interesting. Can I ask, why does the 11C have 3 exclusive "E" journeys compared to the 11A ? Is it to do with the route and whether the bus can physically make a U turn ?

Timing point for the 11C is at Yardley Swan, outside the library so not exactly outside Swan.

There's no timing point for the 11A there. The timing point for the 11A is Yew Tree.

Acocks Green Garage / Fox Hollies Road. There's no stop for the 11A. Because of the nature of the 11C route, it'll serve AG Village and then Acocks Green Garage is only 2 stops away, so you may aswell run it to the Garage. Fox Holles Road is also a timing point for the 11C, but it's not for the 11A, as the driver change over for the 11C is on Fox Hollies Road. The 11A timing point is outside Westley Park, and then the immediate next stop is Acocks Green Village. You can't turn the bus round (legally/safely) at the 11A timing point and it makes more sense to run it into Acocks Green Village.

Bearwood / Sandon Road. A few 11C's begin and end the day at this timing point. The route to this stop is basically from Hagley Road, down the 120 route. Then 11A route to Bearwood High Street, and instead of turning left onto the High Street, you turn right onto the 11C route, and then right and the traffic lights and proceed to the Bearwood / Sandon Road timing point. The equivalent for the 11A is the Bearwood / Hagley Road stop.

It's all just what makes sense, so yeah partly where you can physically turn, and the routes to get their and back to Garage.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk